Big Rock Is anyone running a DX3 radio setup on their BR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Wondering if it’s worth switching over to the dx3 setup for my 4S BR? Thinking the AVC would be nice to have. Aldd so the blue tooth telemetry would be cool. If running a blx 2400kv motor show the data even if it’s not spektrum? Will the dx3 have better range over stock? Thanks

AVC doesn’t help much off road IMO.

I’d look at Radiolink if you want a better transmitter without breaking the bank.

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver, 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller 30 Models Storage for RC Crawler, Drifting, Bash, Buggy Cars and Boats https://a.co/d/53Bx9vi

The DX3 can only work with one vehicle, while the Radiolink radios can work with multiple models. The Radiolink is a much better radio and it's less expensive: the transmitter is priced low, and the receivers are about half the price or less of the Spektrum receivers. I have the Radiolink RC6GS (six channel) currently bound to six vehicles.

Dx3 sucks.. it is an rtr combo and even if you get the pricey rx's like me the dx3 does not have the features to adjust all the nice parameters.. u must upgrade the tx if you want to really see the telemetry, I have the rugged!? 💰
Also no, the blx is not smart and it has to be spektrum!!
The felony dx3 has never been removed from the box!! 🤣

Last edited:
Dx3 sucks.. it is an rtr combo and even if you get the pricey rx's like me the dx3 does not have the features to adjust all the nice parameters.. u must upgrade the tx if you want to really see the telemetry, I have the rugged!? 💰
Also no, the blx is not smart and it has to be spektrum!!
The felony dx3 has never been removed from the box!! 🤣
I recently sold the new DX3 out of my Infraction 3s for $35, shipping included. It was used just once for less than five minutes to be sure everything worked on the Infraction out of the box. My Infraction is linked to a Radiolink RC6GS.

Wondering if it’s worth switching over to the dx3 setup for my 4S BR? Thinking the AVC would be nice to have. Aldd so the blue tooth telemetry would be cool. If running a blx 2400kv motor show the data even if it’s not spektrum? Will the dx3 have better range over stock? Thanks

AVC is excellent in the BR. I have an AVC receiver in all my 3S and 6S rigs. I am not a jumper, so this is where I would caution, so the wheels are not flying all over the place. Yes, I jump but not to the moon. AVC for the head holding to keep it straight on bumpy surfaces is excellent, control in drifting and sliding, etc. I used a DX5C for all 3 AVC setting controls takes it to another level over the DX3 single AVC knob...yes AVC done and tuned correctly is a blast with my off-road Big Rock, Kraton, FT, Losi's, Typhon, etc. Again...takes some time to tune it right, not an out of the box setup.

DX3 is in my Grainte with an AVC receiver. This rig is for my visitors and guest. LOVE IT. DX3 I can set the throttle power, brakes, and AVC. These people never run an RC, so the AVC is great for them and those who are next level up.

Yep, AVC in the Granite (or BR) is very nice with the DX3. Once you get advanced, AVC will annoy you until you can control all 3 settings with a better radio. Throttle gain is set at 50% at full left/right at full throttle. This I do not like. I want full throttle when I turn, and it cannot be changed on the DX3...hard coded. Then there is the Priority setting on how much you want control vs AVC and that cannot be changed with a DX3.

Best of luck with a decision

The DX3 can only work with one vehicle, while the Radiolink radios can work with multiple models. The Radiolink is a much better radio and it's less expensive: the transmitter is priced low, and the receivers are about half the price or less of the Spektrum receivers. I have the Radiolink RC6GS (six channel) currently bound to six vehicles.
I thought the same the other day that the Dx3 controller only works with one vehicle. After somebody posted a question on Reddit about it I did some digging.

Thread 'How many cars can I bind to the same DX3'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-many-cars-can-i-bind-to-the-same-dx3.46588/

I have a DX3 controller still for my Talion and Outcast. Been meaning to try it out and see if it works. I recently bought a RadioLink for my large scale RCs and agree it’s significantly better.

In my brief history with RC cars the Spektrum RX/TX RTR electronics are bad. I’ve had two rx’s stop working for me in one capacity of another.

Personally I wouldn’t waste my time with the Spektrum stuff.

Edit: I did at one point use a DX3 controller paired with a St6200At in my granite. It’s a tight fit in the receiver box. If my memory serves me correctly I mounted it vertically.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back