Limitless Is the dx5 sr6100 combo okay for speed running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
I kind of like the idea of having AVC on the road car and really dislike it in my Talion. Thinking of taking the rx out of my talion to use in the limitless.

Any concerns? Range?

My other choice is a Futaba rx which would be nice for range and reliability.

If you don't want to mess with disassembling your radio and using a range extender or booster, the only real options IMO are the Radiolink RC6GS V2, or the Flysky Noble and extending the antenna on the receivers.

The Radiolink RC6GS radio system has an advertised range of 600 meters (around 1900 feet), and it has a gyro built into the receiver, all for around $80. Additional receivers are less than $20.

I saw somewhere that DumboRC actually uses Radiolink electronics. But not the most recent versions that current Radiolink models will come with.

I saw somewhere that DumboRC actually uses Radiolink electronics. But not the most recent versions that current Radiolink models will come with.
This is interesting. I have 2 of the older TS4G/RC4g, and my DumboRC x6 feels more connected / less glitchy than my Radiolinks. The dumbo, when it is on, it is solid, like you would expect a radio to be. My radiolink, for the first 1-s-30seconds-sometime a minutes, it acts like the TX and RX are learning to become friends again... LOL

So the concensus is the 6100 spektrum and dx5 are 'ass-tier'? The AVC seems to work great on the talion but is undesirable for jumping and off road bashing also I can't be bothered to try and turn it off and on and rebind and stuff between changing modes. It seems to take a long time to bind or fail occasionally.

I don't reall trust DumboRC any more because of some really bad accidents caused by disconnects but I would rate them equally with any spektrum gear.

It seems plain gyro shenanigans is preferable for speed running am I wrong?
I am dumb. Dx3 at6110

Rx/tx combo.

What think? Futaba or spektrum
?

Last edited:
Gyro use is personal preference. I prefer running without it, since I can typically feel and subsequently dislike the interference it provides, but I know there are people that use it to great effect.

Spektrum, I'd stay away from. Their surface stuff is just overpriced for the radio gear you get. I barely get 400ft with my dx5 and 6100 combo, even with fresh batteries and brand new.

Can't speak towards futaba, as I haven't used them.

Flysky Noble is my vote, either basic NB4 or Pro. I personally have the Pro. I know @jondilly1974 ran a bunch of tests extending the RX antennae and got amazing results.

My DX5C was a disappointment for me with range on my Lim.
Got a cheap RC6GS for $80. (Gyro Rx is included). All the range I need now. Without any range booster mods. The RadioLink GYRO runs better than Spektrum's AVC, hands down IMHO.
Even a RC4GS ($60.) having same range as 6GS, is better than a DX5C for range. Having 2 less channels for $20. less , may also be an option.

I love my dx5 rugged when is setting on my rx Spektrum sr6100at but it’s a headache to set it. Today i look for simplify my tx and rx, i project to buy Vorteks Spektrum rx and tx at minimum cost pairing to my phone to setup avc and having all instruments on a apps!?

I love my dx5 rugged when is setting on my rx Spektrum sr6100at but it’s a headache to set it. Today i look for simplify my tx and rx, i project to buy Vorteks Spektrum rx and tx at minimum cost pairing to my phone to setup avc and having all instruments on a apps!?
Are you getting 1/2 mile range or better with your DX5C?
I am not.
So it is not best for my Speed Running rigs over a long distance. I just bash with my DX5C. It is fine otherwise. Easy to setup. No better or worse than any other Upgrade radio. Just definitely not my best performing favorite radio, which is the NB4.(y) Faster frame rates and a better GUI.
Spektrum and Smart stuff isn't all that for the pricepoint. I only speak from experience.

I will say if you can afford Futaba it is bar none the best. My radio is 10 years old and bought used. Totally reliable. Ridiculous range. Failsafe settings. Unbelievable control and something like 15 programmable like different cars. It's light years ahead of any other remote I have used. However, the recievers are no less than 50 dollars a piece but it is so worth it IMO just for the piece of mind that comes with their superior reliability and range.

Are you getting 1/2 mile range or better with your DX5C?
I am not.
So it is not best for my Speed Running rigs over a long distance. I just bash with my DX5C. It is fine otherwise. Easy to setup. No better or worse than any other Upgrade radio. Just definitely not my best performing favorite radio, which is the NB4.(y) Faster frame rates and a better GUI.
Spektrum and Smart stuff isn't all that for the pricepoint. I only speak from experience.
Dx5 rugged can disables all channel and setup any points of the avc, you also can cancel all but i don’t know the spec limit of tx and rx range but perfect for R.O.A.R.

I kind of like the idea of having AVC on the road car and really dislike it in my Talion. Thinking of taking the rx out of my talion to use in the limitless.

Any concerns? Range?

I cannot speak to all the knowledge shared on the range, etc. but if you want to leave it alone it is very simple to DISABLE it on the rx easily.

I'm an old man lazy new kid on the block here :) AVC in all my rig like the Infraction and Kraton, BR, etc....I like the cheating help to make me look like a pro driver :LOL:

Any concerns? Range?

I cannot speak to all the knowledge shared on the range, etc. but if you want to leave it alone it is very simple to DISABLE it on the rx easily.

I'm an old man lazy new kid on the block here :) AVC in all my rig like the Infraction and Kraton, BR, etc....I like the cheating help to make me look like a pro driver :LOL:
Dx5 rugged is a full range. Full is max range of a transmitter can have in America=1/4 mile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back