Senton Is the senton still the best big boy toy for a kid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I đź’–Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So my girlfirend (yes shes real... I think) has a 7 year old whos birthday is comming up soon. And I don't want him to be good with money so I want him to join the cult. Ideally I want to get him a 4x4 thats lipo powered (not nimh as I had bad experience) and fast enough to peak his interest but slow and durable enough so it doesn't break. I know the senton 4x4 is good but are there any newcomers that are as good or close to? My budget for the rc car without the battery or charger would be around 299.99to 399.99 dollars (bonus if it comes in Blue)

So my girlfirend (yes shes real... I think) has a 7 year old whos birthday is comming up soon. And I don't want him to be good with money so I want him to join the cult. Ideally I want to get him a 4x4 thats lipo powered (not nimh as I had bad experience) and fast enough to peak his interest but slow and durable enough so it doesn't break. I know the senton 4x4 is good but are there any newcomers that are as good or close to? My budget for the rc car without the battery or charger would be around 299.99to 399.99 dollars (bonus if it comes in Blue)

At 7 yr old..
I'd say hold off on spending that much for him just yet.

Look at some of the new budget rigs that's out now like the MJX Hyper Go 4x4 truck or truggies, they seem to provide what you are looking for (4x4 , Brushless, Lipo) at an very affordable price (less than $250 All In, if that. You can find them cheaper if you look) >>

At 7 yr old..
I'd say hold off on spending that much for him just yet.

Look at some of the new budget rigs that's out now like the MJX Hyper Go 4x4 truck or truggy , they seem to provide what you are looking for (4x4 , Brushless, Lipo) at an very affordable price (less than $250 All In, if that. You can find them cheaper if you look) >>

Hm ill have to look into it

1693796263513.png

Ages 6 & up. Just a thought. Its my next RC.

He"s 7, I would recommend a 2wd Stampede. there reasonably fast, agile, and it's a MONSTER TRUCK. Did I mention, cheap and easy to fix. Both of my kids got started on Stampedes.

With a 7 year old cheap and easy to fix is important.
photo-12.JPG

Last edited:
I got my 7yo an Absima 1/14. Fast enough (20mph) for the parking lot outside and he was very happy with it, but once I got my Typhon 3S (currently running on 2S), he think his own is too slow, but an Arrma 3S is a dangerous weapon in a child's hands. the speed and weight can cause serious injury (and damage to the car itself or other objects).

I suggest to look for a 1/16 truck like HBX 16889a pro. it's reasonably fast for its size (around 30-35mph I think) and light enough to not cause serious harm

after some years you could upgrade, but let him first learn how to drive safely and reasonably

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back