Kraton Is this a Good replacement servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
https://www.banggood.com/JX-CLS-HV7...oreless-Servo-p-1180602.html?cur_warehouse=CN

only $49 and 46kg of torque. I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all of these "upgrades" I am buying a $550 truck and it needs a new radio out of the box pretty much. then bumpers , chassis braces, and now im hearing the servo can crap out in a run or 2.. i guess im starting to get concerned that im buying into something that needs another $200 to be good to run regularly . if i got a savox 1210 they are close to $100 for the servo .. Its kinda frustrating to buy a RTR and have to replace a bunch of parts

You don't NEED to replace anything out of the box (except maybe the radio). Run it first and you soon find out what YOU think needs replacing. That said I did find the steering servo to be weak first run on my Kraton.

You don't NEED to replace anything out of the box (except maybe the radio). Run it first and you soon find out what YOU think needs replacing. That said I did find the steering servo to be weak first run on my Kraton.
thanks i think im just a little overloaded with information .. you are right get the car and drive it
I bought a spektrum Dx5 with 1600 receiver already (i heard stock tactic radio is awful)
maybe ill get a tbone front bumper and rear skid plate (prevent rookie mistakes)
front and rear chassis braces from voltage

i will just wait for anything else to break on its own no use getting worried about a new truck

thanks i think im just a little overloaded with information .. you are right get the car and drive it
I bought a spektrum Dx5 with 1600 receiver already (i heard stock tactic radio is awful)
maybe ill get a tbone front bumper and rear skid plate (prevent rookie mistakes)

i will just wait for anything else to break on its own no use getting worried about a new truck
The stock TACTIC radio is actually a very good radio. The stock SPEKTRUM STX2 radio is terrible. If you get a current model V4, it will have an STX2.

The stock TACTIC radio is actually a very good radio. The stock SPEKTRUM STX2 radio is terrible. If you get a current model V4, it will have an STX2.

What he said ☝️

This is where the confusion and too many info sources can get us in trouble. Some people hear that Arrma has a bad radio because the v4 models come with that STX2. The Tactic radio that was standard prior is excellent for a rtr radio and even worth buying as a replacement.
As mentioned above though, you really don't have to do anything to run it out of the box and have a big time. I've never replaced a servo on Arrma because it failed...only did it to upgrade to stronger / faster. Other leading brands (that may even run two servos for some dumb reason) I replaced after quickly failing. Lots of folks that want to find fault in Arrma will repeat things that they hear without first-hand experience. Hobby Shops that get bonused or whatever deal theyve made for selling alternate leading brands may be the worst about spreading disinformation.

I run the JX CLS-HV7346MG in pretty much all my rigs.
363A630E-9727-4821-AB76-4B860A4AB360.jpeg
B1906D2F-4713-4FC8-82D9-9C820C5F28DC.jpeg
31BEE237-E44F-48CE-8C6E-1423EB8F6204.jpeg

Wait till things fail or start to and replace when your doing regular maintenance. That way you can get to know the ins and outs of the car. Check out Jenny’s rc On line. Very helpful for oem parts.

Yup still stock servo. She has seen the moon a few times over. That "weak" servo saver is perfect for a basher.

DX5C is what I have. All of the DX5xxx series are great. Tactic TTX300 was superb, probably the best "basic" 3 channel RTR. Flawless response and rugged. Great range. I have 5 of them floating around. Used on my Axial Crawlers as well. Tactic had a good run under Hobbico. I am a guy who had the top tier Futaba radios for 20 years. Their servos and all. Things have changed. Futaba and Sanwa still have the best response times IMO but not necessary. I don't Race anymore.

Last edited:
DX5C is what I have. All of the DX5xxx series are great. Tactic TTX300 was superb, probably the best "basic" 3 channel RTR. Flawless response and rugged. Great range. I have 5 of them floating around. Used on my Axial Crawlers as well. Tactic had a good run under Hobbico. I am a guy who had the top tier Futaba radios for 20 years. Their servos and all. Things have changed. Futaba and Sanwa still have the best response times IMO but not necessary. I don't Race anymore.

I also have five of them but having trouble finding receivers for my FlySky in the US. Soon enough when I find them I'll put the Tactics in classifieds...keeping one just to have, I think. It's worth it to consider the Tactic vs buying a multi-feature and model memory radio for folks that don't plan to have lots of models. For the occasional basher that just likes to have fun here and there and not so interested in more channels or tweaking details, it's a good system / great value.

I also have five of them but having trouble finding receivers for my FlySky in the US. Soon enough when I find them I'll put the Tactics in classifieds...keeping one just to have, I think. It's worth it to consider the Tactic vs buying a multi-feature and model memory radio for folks that don't plan to have lots of models. For the occasional basher that just likes to have fun here and there and not so interested in more channels or tweaking details, it's a good system / great value.
That's why 3 of my Crawlers use the TTX300. And I give them out to use and not worry about them. They are cheap radios that always work. I trailed through a rain storm with one and it still works. Crawlers don't need much tweaking. And The TTX300 has Steering Endpoint as well as ST. Dual Rate. Show me a cheap radio with 3 channels and those two settings. And Crawlers really need ST. Endpoint.

my stock servo is okey
i need anyway better servo
My stock Talion got alot power .
I want better servo and radio soon.

Everything else is perfect so far
I run everything stock , i have RPM arms and other things ready.

No matter how i drive, crash, and jump huge , this car enjoys it.
Everything is stock still
This is sick.

Arrma have the strongest 1/8 rc cars V4 is great.
I will do sick jump air time soon.
Very very sick stuff
Video no problems
More Hop ups before this

I will record when i do jumps at 50mph then.
Car will fly 30 meters atleast then

soon i have 1/5 wheels

wheels and adapters are incoming soon.
Also alot other things.

I will beat 100mph next summer very easy.
Mamba XXL esc comes soon, and TP motor 42 size.

I need gorilla tape all my tyres inside, to avoid balooning .
I love this anyways

ENJOY AND HAVE FUN
life is short

Yeah i wish mine was coming with a tactic but i got the newer v4 kraton..
I really wanted steering and throttle trim dials on the unit like the tactic has .. i noticed the DX5C doesn't have those options? i wonder if i should return the DX5C and get the tactic?

this guy drive okey?=

i do bigger jumps self already about 5 y ago

My personal stunt cars 7000kv 3s
Others only 4300kv 3s

Today this is 2 sick.
Im old guy now i believe
hehe :)

Im only joking here.
Please watch Tomas RC jump skills video anyway ;)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back