Is this any good motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
Brushless 9000kv is this good ? Will it work with the blx100 esc on 3s better or worse then stock electronics on a senton v3 blx brushless

CEA975A9-5470-4B55-BA7C-ECC3AFC658E9.png

No, the kv is too high, get a 3300kv or lower motor, make sure its size is 3660 or longer.

This motor would work.
Yea that looks good
Ok so the 1406 or 3660 is the size of the motor?
& the kv why would 9000kv be too high more speed & power right ? Or no ? Sorry im a motor noob

& the kv why would 9000kv be too high more speed & power right ? Or no ? Sorry im a motor noob

You are on the right thinking path. High KV would mean crazy fast speeds... BUT, high KV typically means less torque. You would have almost 3x the KV as the stock motor. You would have to gear it 3x smaller than stock and your temps would still be screaming high..

You are on the right thinking path. High KV would mean crazy fast speeds... BUT, high KV typically means less torque. You would have almost 3x the KV as the stock motor. You would have to gear it 3x smaller than stock and your temps would still be screaming high..
So what less torque? Wouldn't some good wheels traction cancel that out or Would i just be stand still wheel spinning like riding on ice or something? Lol & Does the blx 100 esc support a high kv i think stock is 3200kv what about like 4000kv

So what less torque? Wouldn't some good wheels traction cancel that out or Would i just be stand still wheel spinning like riding on ice or something? Lol & Does the blx 100 esc support a high kv i think stock is 3200kv what about like 4000kv
It would have almost no torque on it, the lower the kv, the higher the torque but less speed and heat. 4000kv is too high and it will overheat.

It would have almost no torque on it, the lower the kv, the higher the torque but less speed and heat. 4000kv is too high and it will overheat.
What would over heat the esc or motor & what does torque translate to on the rc

The motor would overheat since it can’t support the weight of the RC due to the lack of torque. 4000KV would be perfect in an Arrma Vendetta or Infraction Mega though. I would say that 3500kv and up is for light 2wd 1/10 and smaller, and some 1/8 and all 1/10 touring cars and smaller. You can compensate for the heat by getting a larger can size motor like a 40XX sized.

The motor would overheat since it can’t support the weight of the RC due to the lack of torque. 4000KV would be perfect in an Arrma Vendetta or Infraction Mega though. I would say that 3500kv and up is for light 2wd 1/10 and smaller, and some 1/8 and all 1/10 touring cars and smaller. You can compensate for the heat by getting a larger can size motor like a 40XX sized.
Ohhhh ok now i get it kinda lol yea my senton is heavy with all aluminum upgrades & bs it rips with stock electronics just wanted like 25% more power but yea idk 🤷‍♂️

Ohhhh ok now i get it kinda lol yea my senton is heavy with all aluminum upgrades & bs it rips with stock electronics just wanted like 25% more power but yea idk 🤷‍♂️
If you are willing to go to 4s, you can get a 130 or 150a ESC and a 4068 motor.

Yea that's probably what ill have to do down the road but yikes thats goin be like 300$ Lmao
Nope, actually under $200 USD. If JRC restocks this esc, then you can do it for cheap.

Yea that's probably what ill have to do down the road but yikes thats goin be like 300$ Lmao
There's a free app on phones called rc gear calculator. Most motor have a max of 50000 rpms.check it out.it'll help ya understand.senton has a 2.85 Trans ratio.
9000kv is for 1/14-1/18 scale 2s max

Screenshot_20211113-103454.jpg

Imo best upgrade for senton is h-wing quikrun.jennyrc 70$ out of redcat kujiu...4068-2650kv is like 40$ on amazon.can run 2,3,4,5,6s with this setup...how fast ya wanna go.

Attachments

• 20200907_183918.jpg
    20200907_183918.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 44
I looked at those Castle 9K-KV motors when they came out, they are only rated for 1-3s. And if you do the math 9000KV at 3s would be nearly 100k rpm, not many bearings candle that for too long. Also like everyone else said, its a small motor and very limited torque.

@slick2500 has a great analogy. If I can add to that...
That honda motor (high kv) could bring that hummer to top speed but once it reaches top speed it will most likely meet its maker.
You can get a lower kv motor that wont struggle to get to top speed and in turn run cooler while pushing that hummer.
low kv=torque
high kv=speed
gotta balance the two with kv and gearing.
Oh and I'm just trying to explain what needs to be done...how to do it is where these guys come in. 👂(y)

Yea I appreciate it thank you everyone who chimmed in & replied I really appreciate it but i think ill try this velinom brushless motor i have from my traxx with the vxl3s esc my senton goes about 50mph & my rustler goes about 75mph im not tryna do speed runs just want a lil more kick outa my senton set up for street bashing tryna get some power slides maybe different wheels also would help me achieve that

I haven't gotten home yet but does the traxxas

VELINEON 3351R motor fit in a blx 100 esc​

Lmao wtf ☝️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back