IT'S OFFICIAL,🌷🏡 SPRING IS HERE.👍What are you doing today?😁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have my hyper 7 .shelf queen

IMG_20220925_213128586.jpg

IMG_20220925_212940095.jpg

IMG_20220925_212919027.jpg

IMG_20220925_213735788.jpg

IMG_20220925_213707495.jpg

IMG_20220925_213023220.jpg

IMG_20220925_213007251.jpg

I'm still getting lawn equipment ready for a new home and a new cutting season. RC is still rebuilding this used Losi I picked up and looking forward to spring running it
Oh right, I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing besides wrenching and bashing rc's this past weekend..LOL

Haven’t seen one of those in a WHILE. She’s clean! I LOVED my Hyper 8 back in the day! That was one of the best driving buggies ever, and got me into 1/8 buggies, and truggies. Been on it ever since! 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

You can't beat a 1/8 nitro buggy.... sure the electrics are faster but there's nothing like a field of nitro buggies flying by you. They have a look sound and feel all of thier own.

To me watching electric 1/8's race around is just wrong... doesn't feel right at all. They don't seem nearly as bad @ss when they go by all silent mode.....

You can't beat a 1/8 nitro buggy.... sure the electrics are faster but there's nothing like a field of nitro buggies flying by you. They have a look sound and feel all of thier own.

To me watching electric 1/8's race around is just wrong... doesn't feel right at all. They don't seem nearly as bad @ss when they go by all silent mode.....
I agree ,the sound and the smell is all different feeling.but the constant tuning is what draws me away..my hyper 7 was a headache.i had to allways tune the carb before every run .took time away from actually enjoying the hobby.but I must say when it was tuned ,it would run sweet all day .it was just that initial first start of the day that was a pain in the ass.i miss the throttle feeling .every time you press it you can feel the motor rev🤷at least to me it did .

I like em both, but the only way I’ll ever stop running nitro too is when they pry that shiit from my cold, dead, fingers…😈

And tbh, the reality is the electrics aren’t THAT much faster (w/in a few mph) on the track, and depending on the layout, or conditions, can put them with SLOWER lap times.. sure, you can throw extra cells, and ridiculous KV motors in something SPECIFICALLY to make a fool out of the competition, but in a scenario that buggies are DESIGNED for, they’re very close to even in both performance, and capability. One tends to excel in different areas than the other. I’ll keep owning, and running both. And yes; there is nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning! 🤙🍺

I agree ,the sound and the smell is all different feeling.but the constant tuning is what draws me away..my hyper 7 was a headache.i had to allways tune the carb before every run .took time away from actually enjoying the hobby.but I must say when it was tuned ,it would run sweet all day .it was just that initial first start of the day that was a pain in the ass.i miss the throttle feeling .every time you press it you can feel the motor rev🤷at least to me it did .

You need to give a newer nitro a run man. I swear they've got these motors and carbs running like silk compared to 20 years ago when that hyper 7 was new.
The fact I barely ever have to tune tells the story. I might give the High needle a 16th or so one way or another but unless there is a drastic change in weather they stay pretty damn close/consistent. Rarely I ever actually put much time into fighting with a tune.
Now keep in mind I don't race them. 100% perfect tunes aren't required for me. I look for good performance and a cool temp. I'm sure i could tune them each run and try to get more out if them but there's absolutely no point. A good strong pull, cool temps and a good idle is all I need.

If you want a dead nuts easy to tune/stays in tune nitro to give a go- pick up an mp9 or mp10 rtr. The kyosho .21 and it's carb is like stupid easy to keep running great.

You need to give a newer nitro a run man. I swear they've got these motors and carbs running like silk compared to 20 years ago when that hyper 7 was new.
The fact I barely ever have to tune tells the story. I might give the High needle a 16th or so one way or another but unless there is a drastic change in weather they stay pretty damn close/consistent. Rarely I ever actually put much time into fighting with a tune.
Now keep in mind I don't race them. 100% perfect tunes aren't required for me. I look for good performance and a cool temp. I'm sure i could tune them each run and try to get more out if them but there's absolutely no point. A good strong pull, cool temps and a good idle is all I need.

If you want a dead nuts easy to tune/stays in tune nitro to give a go- pick up an mp9 or mp10 rtr. The kyosho .21 and it's carb is like stupid easy to keep running great.
I'll keep that in mind👍 I have three gallons of nitro fuel still new from years ago lol.wounder if it still works🤷 only one wAy to find out , would be to throw a match in one right😆. Kids don't try this at home🤣🤣

:) don't think I can send pics on my crappy phone. and wouldn't no how to do it anyway not right good at that sort of stuff ;) I get the feeling you think I'm not doing a rebuild :D
So you don't think you can't post a pic here because you think your phone is crappy 🤔 .🤷. As to how to post a pic well that's not hard.take a photo .when you get on here , press reply .on the bottom there is a tab that says attach files, go to your photos gallery.press the photo you want to share then post reply. You say you get the feeling I think your not doing a rebuild 🤔 not at all bud .I just wanted you to share what your working on because we all like to see what we have and what we work on . that's all bud 😁👍

Worst winter weather ever with snow/ice melting and freezing repeating over and over :( worthless RC driving weather.
Damn that sucks bro.i hope it gets better for ya soon..the start of my spring isn't that great .🤷 But weather looks good next week

So you don't think you can't post a pic here because you think your phone is crappy 🤔 .🤷. As to how to post a pic well that's not hard.take a photo .when you get on here , press reply .on the bottom there is a tab that says attach files, go to your photos gallery.press the photo you want to share then post reply. You say you get the feeling I think your not doing a rebuild 🤔 not at all bud .I just wanted you to share what your working on because we all like to see what we have and what we work on . that's all bud 😁👍

Damn that sucks bro.i hope it gets better for ya soon..the start of my spring isn't that great .🤷 But weather looks good next week
will have a go with the photo sending cheers pal :)

It's 34F here in Maryland, so running my RCs is not in the plan for this morning. :( I just finished swapping the motor pinion in my Muraco from a 13T to a 15T, and I might be able to get a quick test drive in later today if the temps get in the low fifties as forecasted.

Morning Sir. Here's to a wonderful day 🍻
Thanks bud 🍻😋👍

It's 34F here in Maryland, so running my RCs is not in the plan for this morning. :( I just finished swapping the motor pinion in my Muraco from a 13T to a 15T, and I might be able to get a quick test drive in later today if the temps get in the low fifties as forecasted.
Your temps sound about the same as mine 👍 hope you get run time😁🤟

Back