What did you throw away today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely know that feeling. I heard those things were either hit or miss...mostly miss.
Someone on YT was mad at me because they told me that they beat the crap out of their Maverick with no issues. I was over here doing little jumps, with the front bulkhead breaking all the time and other serious problems. Even after spending like $150 in upgrades. Another DUMB thing that I did on this little POS 😭🤦

awe man, I don't throw anything away. I might need that some day lol. and typically do. I see where someone kept the boxes the RC s came in, yeah I'll throw mine away now too. but parts no way, I even keep burnt up servo's and crap. if I get bored maybe I'll fix them. have a few that the IC chip fried after over loading the servo, 15 cents and I got a five pack of IC chips and spare servo's, something had to be really really broke before I chuck it, but when you run old Honda three wheelers and old bombardier snow sleds, you get in the habit of hanging onto anything with potential of saving or repurposing, I just have to keep the old lady out of the basement lol, when I get old and die I feel bad for my kids that'll have to clean out the basement lol. they might even be worse after seeing me always going and finding whatever it is i need down there whenever I need it thou

Finally tossing this Bezgar truck. The 2-in-1 esc/receiver has been dead for quite some time now. Not worth the time or money to get it sorted. It was one of my first rigs, got it back in 2021.

20240407_143126.jpg

Finally tossing this Bezgar truck. The 2-in-1 esc/receiver has been dead for quite some time now. Not worth the time or money to get it sorted. It was one of my first rigs, got it back in 2021.

View attachment 359533
Dude, pull that thing back out. The Bezgar HM101 is a rebrand of the HBX 2995. Very robust platform to build on and has the rare center diff at that price point. Check out Derby City RC for some quality 2995 content (the HBX 2996a and 2997a also use this platform, but with different electronics).

I found a 2995 in a thrift store for $10, so I nabbed it, and I've put about $150 in upgrades to it and the thing is ridiculously fun. $30 in tires, $30 Dumbo RC transmitter/gyro setup, $90 Spektrum brushless motor and ESC.

https://www.youtube.com/@DerbyCityRC/search?query=2995

Dude, pull that thing back out. The Bezgar HM101 is a rebrand of the HBX 2995. Very robust platform to build on and has the rare center diff at that price point. Check out Derby City RC for some quality 2995 content (the HBX 2996a and 2997a also use this platform, but with different electronics).

I found a 2995 in a thrift store for $10, so I nabbed it, and I've put about $150 in upgrades to it and the thing is ridiculously fun. $30 in tires, $30 Dumbo RC transmitter/gyro setup, $90 Spektrum brushless motor and ESC.

https://www.youtube.com/@DerbyCityRC/search?query=2995
Thanks for the info, had no idea, that's great to know for future work! I have another one in running condition that'll I'll probably put some money into and upgrade. When I first got into the hobby I bought two HM101s. I just have too many other bigger projects that need to be wrapped up before I could see myself dumping a significant amount of money into it. I will say they are extremely tough little trucks, held up to all kinds of punishment.

I hoard everything .I've found to many times when I throw something out I need it a week later . Come in handy when cash is tight and I run old cars and live in an old house .

Back