What did you throw away today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hopefully we can keep this going like all the other "What did you _______ today?" threads. I'm sure many of us are hobby hoarders, or have rigs that have been nothing but headaches. The point of this thread to share RC related items that we finally decided to get rid of and save ourselves from any further torture lol.
I'll start this off. Today I'm finally getting rid of my ECX Torment. It's been nothing but headaches since I first acquired it a few years ago. Pretty much everytime I ran it, something broke. And may the force be with you when something does break, the parts are pretty much non-existent at this point. I remember joining the ECX forums back in 2021 and @slick2500 assisted me with a few issues I was having with this thing way back then. I stripped all of the electronics and removed the tires, and off to the trash pile it went. I must say, it feels pretty good to finally get this thing off of my hands.

20240324_135151.jpg

20240324_173024.jpg

I admit I'm a hoarder...
It was a Lot Worse in years past.. but I still have a bit of lingering habits..

I'm improving ,slowly..

Just yesterday , late last night ,I relieved myself of half a closet full of boxes used for 3D filament spools and a ton of packing foam and other cardboard boxes..

Our garbage bin is Full.

And here's some of the nicer ones that my girls will take to school to donate to the Art Class for their new school projects.

IMG_20240324_180304896.jpg

IMG_20240324_180318256.jpg

There's about 32+ filament boxes right there in the pile , flattened to the left..

Last edited:
I'll admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not like a packrat but, when it comes to replacement parts. That goes for everything. RC, autos, appliances.....I can't afford to pay someone else to fix my stuff. So, I keep spares around. Saved me a ton a money numerous times.

That's too bad. Still have my ECX Circuit. Posted it several places. Upgraded to brushless and still going.

I'll admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not like a packrat but, when it comes to replacement parts. That goes for everything. RC, autos, appliances.....I can't afford to pay someone else to fix my stuff. So, I keep spares around. Saved me a ton a money numerous times.

That's too bad. Still have my ECX Circuit. Posted it several places. Upgraded to brushless and still going.

I know what you're sayin'.

The 2wd platform was hands down much better than the 4wd.

I have 3 Arrma RC boxes in storage. I should throw them away. Took me a year to throw away the Infraction 3s & Senton boxes.
I don’t have any shelves for my Mojave and Kraton so they are in the box when not in use stacked next to my couch 😂

https://rcprorack.com/products/rc-pro-pack-xl
Was thinking of getting two of these to mount in my little corner of the living room 😂

Yes. And the screws are too short. They got ripped out. And i never even ran the car on 6S.
Only 3S and 4S. The stock plastic cups are going back in for now.
The Arrma ones are so much better.

I'm a little afraid I won't post here 😐😬 maybe I could post whatever my wife finds, and talk me into to get rid of? 🤔 Technically, I'll be the one throwing it away 😅 she is really good at getting one new thing, throwing two thing out. (Whenever she gets something "new") I'll probably have a lot to learn from her.... I even have a shelf in the garage with broken parts, as a reminder of what can go wrong when I go out for a bash 🤣 do have spares for everything on that shelf now 🫣

Those look pretty cool! I actually bought a 5 shelf rack today.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.48/post-1069329
Only thing is I live in a small trailer so I don’t have space for a shelf hell my wife has allowed me a little corner in the living room that I have a shelf with my PlayStation on and I have a 10 drawer husky tool box in it and my rc tools are in a hart brand organizer box lol but my cars are on the other side of the living room stored in their box for now lol

I can’t really complain about only having a corner seeing how I’m a truck driver and I’m gone Monday thur Friday so I only live there on weekends I call it my vacation home 😂

S660 servo, it lasted 2 months, so I guess I should be happy. I snipped the wires to keep the wire/connector for a future light project.

Last edited:
I'm about to throw away a Maverick Quantum brushless MT that is in pieces. Hard to work on, and it breaks if you look at it wrong. I hate it that RC
Definitely know that feeling. I heard those things were either hit or miss...mostly miss.

Back