JDowns Infraction Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is by far the nicest looking and well built Infraction to date. Very impressed.:)
You clearly put a lot of time, effort and creativity into it.
Sick AF! You should post that to the Arrma Army fb group page! That post would blow up with comments.

Thanks everyone. I don’t use FB. I tried ARRMA support email a few times. But they haven’t responded.

Nice work!
I like the carbon center brace... I want to take this in my Limitless (when I get it) to save weight ;)
But I am not sure if a center brace is even necessary? Because I don't want to jump with it :p

Made good headway since picking up this beast. Just about ready for the tarmac. Finished off the carbon center brace, upgraded the gearbox housings with HR, upgraded the diffs and shocks with the ARRMA aluminum, running a Monster X and 1515-2200, custom side skirts and partial wheel wells to help keep out the rubber, custom shock covers, front grill, lower grill, headlights and tail lights, custom rear wing, removable front windshield, and a few other bits here and there.

View attachment 45175
View attachment 45176
View attachment 45177
View attachment 45178
View attachment 45179View attachment 45180
That is just awesome!

This beast is so much fun to drive. I do suffer from turning the wrong direction far to often so I decided to upgrade to FPV. Designed a mount out of CPE and TPU to house a DJI Digital FPV system.

IMG_2295.JPG

Currently working on integrating an OLED screen for a dash between the batteries to display real time telemetry from Castle while driving. Hoping to get this up and running this weekend.

Just recieved 2 3s batts for my Ltd. 5k mah 100c. They are not well known lipos. But they are Graphene and I have never seen such a well built, wired and wrapped soft pack lipo like these. Out of the box they are pefectly balanced and set at 3.8v/cell. Better than most packs I get. I assume they are fresh and recently assembled. Both packs seem well matched to each other.
20191114_123752.jpg

Looking forward to seeing a video and your review of it.
Many people have mentioned this idea to me for speed running. I just cant imagine being able to see things clearly and quickly enough for a speed only application.
Speed at distance is very hard to control.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing a video and your review of it.
Many people have mentioned this idea to me for speed running. I just cant imagine being able to see things clearly and quickly enough for a speed only application.

When I redid the body I put in a removable clear windscreen. Initial test with the camera and its crystal clear viewing out with a good wide angle view. Haven't driven with it yet to see how the reaction times will be. But anything is better then constantly turning the wrong direction into curbs. I'll be looking for a good wide open area for testing here in the valley.

Nice work!
I like the carbon center brace... I want to take this in my Limitless (when I get it) to save weight ;)
But I am not sure if a center brace is even necessary? Because I don't want to jump with it :p
Trust me, it's necessary. I took mine out so I could install the castle xlx on top of the center diff and while participating at a drag race event, hit and obstacle at the end of the track(should have had brakes turned up to 100%, 70% wasn't strong enough). It appeared to have no damage, but once I inspected at home i saw the typical arrma bowed chassis. To make a long story short, leave the chassis brace in your infraction/limited.

Speaking of top braces, I have been trying to source titanium rods machined to Kraton specs. TI may be overkill for the Ltd. though, but my source needs a multiple piece order to make it cost effective for me and them. Still on the fence. 2 Ti braces machined will be around $100. May not be practical. And Ti is heavier than Alu. :unsure:

Just for inspiration here's my carbon brace..???

Here is what I used... OD 12mm x ID 10mm x Length 800mm 3k Carbon Fiber Tube ( Roll Wrapped, this is the important part )

I used epoxy to hold the original bolt in so you can still screw off the ball end, I have also been looking for some rose joints but haven't come across any the correct size yet..? I haven't weighed it, but its much lighter than stock..??

IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_3249.jpg

I have to say I'm thankful for Castle for making Link Live open source so projects like this can be done. But man.....their documentation blows. After a day of messing with Link Live and figuring out the correct timing to not get 0's from every register I can finally wrap up this part and move on to putting variables I want on the display.

Quick test. I need to do something different with the display. Sharpie over plastic as a diffuser is not the best long term solution to dim the OLED display so it doesn't blur in the camera. I'm thinking of inverting the display and using a piece of glass to reflect upon, that should give me a nice clear and crips display.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back