Talion Just blew a mortgage payment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Got a talion EXB! Excitement!

Totally new to the 6S platform.

Need a pre flight checklist.

Shock oils and weight?

Diff oils and recommendations?

Is there a slipper and gear mesh to be adjusted?

Loctite a few things?

Just gonna try it on 4S to start. Then maybe go 6S and run 4S through my 3S trucks until they explode.
Trying to sneak it in the house 🤣

20210730_163600.jpg

She won't notice it here long enough for me to get it into the man cave.
Great success.

Now just pretend it's the same black truck.
16276805011391355248345451082988.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the 6s dark side 😈 No slipper has a center diff, biggest issue I've seen with the new Talion is loosing wheel nutz and then the tire so make sure to torque down the wheel nuts or put a dab of loctite on them. Always want to check diffs are full of fluid and if they need shimmed at all. Also good to check shock fluids and gear mesh with pinion and spur besides making sure ALL screws are tightened down and have loctite for metal on metal screws👍

@Freelander Nice score! but I was distracted by the Lego in the background!
Bud. We have epic lego. I would be happy to share photos. We got to a point where the next logical purchase was an epic scale millennium falcon. Then we built computers. Now that we have a watercooled totally silent beast now we want flying computers.

You’ll definitely want some 6s packs. I’d just check all the screws and wheel nuts and get a battery in it, maybe set end points and calibrate...good luck with it!

We got some epic Lego. A death star, tower of isengard, bucketwheel excavator and some rare poop like the jedi starfighter from episode 1.
You’ll definitely want some 6s packs. I’d just check all the screws and wheel nuts and get a battery in it, maybe set end points and calibrate...good luck with it!
It's going to be disappointing on 4S isn't it.

Fml.

We have 3S hardcases. I hope they fit.

We got some epic Lego. A death star, tower of isengard, bucketwheel excavator and some rare poop like the jedi starfighter from episode 1.

It's going to be disappointing on 4S isn't it.

Fml.

We have 3S hardcases. I hope they fit.
I don’t think you’ll be desipointed on 4s. I would definitely run the bigger pinion, what ever they give you these days. 8+lbs is getting up there for 4s though. You can gear down a little once you start running 6s. Nice light 6s packs are what I like for the talion. Lately I’ve liked the 4500mah 6s Ovonics. They’re around 110$ for two. Not bad run time for 600gr pack and you have two...

@Freelander We have a bedroom closet floor to ceiling, Lego bins. Not counting all the builds scattered around the house. I do NOT want to know how much money is tied up in Lego. But they are fun.

Congrats, just loctite the motor screws and you’re good to send it.

I will do that! Check mesh and loctite the motor and wheel nuts. Then run it and check the diffs after.
Should be hard to break it on 4S I hope.

My Typhon rips on 4S with 20T, so I would assume the Talion should be pretty close if geared the same. It's just a little heavier. A Typhon on 6S is insanity.

They're basically the same platform, no? Except the talion exb has a lot more aluminum extras.?
And way bigger wheels?
Talion is longer and wider. Larger tires. Heavier. But close enough that a 4S won't be a waste of time.

My brother buys Legos by the pound. Crazy how much kits can be🤯
We started collecting them when we got married. We have 29 years worth of Lego. Still love 'em. There is no company with better quality control, we have never run across a missing part in all these years of collecting.

I understood that an entire kit is manufactured and packaged by a dedicated machine/assembly line. They don't produce pieces and pick kits. The coloured plastic pellet stock goes in one end and a pirate ship comes out the other. That's why they never make a mistake.

Got a talion EXB! Excitement!

Totally new to the 6S platform.

Need a pre flight checklist.

Shock oils and weight?

Diff oils and recommendations?

Is there a slipper and gear mesh to be adjusted?

Loctite a few things?

Just gonna try it on 4S to start. Then maybe go 6S and run 4S through my 3S trucks until they explode.
Trying to sneak it in the house 🤣

View attachment 161140

She won't notice it here long enough for me to get it into the man cave.
Great success.

Now just pretend it's the same black truck.View attachment 161141
AAAhhhh the joys of being single again!!!! Lol. But that's awesome! Your supposed to unpack it, leave the evidence in a dumpster somewhere, play with it, get it dirty, then bring it home.....then you can say.... "that's the same one I had" lol
Congrats on all the gear.

My kraton exb needed stiffer shock setup to keep outdrive cups from breaking and thicker center diff fluid to liven it up, it was kinda tame and lame on stock diff oil weights. ymmv

Tried to get at the pinion and one of the mesh adjustment screws came stripped from the factory.

Fml.

The other one was okay and seems to have been loctited.

Not sure what to do. Drilling it our is not an option.

Edit:

I got it! Gott get a replacement screw and a motor fan from the LHS. The speed pinion is 23T apparently.

Can't wait to see this thing go.

At least I have a car it will be sane to install the road crushers I ordered onto.
Tried to get at the pinion and one of the mesh adjustment screws came stripped from the factory.

Fml.

The other one was okay and seems to have been loctited.

Not sure what to do. Drilling it our is not an option.

Edit:

I got it! Gott get a replacement screw and a motor fan from the LHS. The speed pinion is 23T apparently.

Can't wait to see this thing go.

At least I have a car it will be sane to install the road crushers I ordered onto.
Had to open the car up a bit more and got a pair of channel locks to bite onto the head.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back