Granite Just made a long CVD for Granite with Typhon RPM arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the big bearings are nice. For the mudguards Jennie’s RC has them, but unfortunately, they are included with lots of other parts you probably don’t need.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...x-battery-mount-pins-sway-bar-bumpers-ara4404
That's indeed an extensive kit. We'll see in the future, for now I am waiting for the Mojave CVD's from Jenny's. Shipping to Holland and getting the package processed by customs, pay the import duties and getting it delivered will take a while.

Just discovered something weird. I got 2 sets of hexes from Jennie’s RC. The Arrma website lists them as the same part for Mojave/Kraton/Outcast. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/wheel-hex-17mm-alum-2/ARA310988.html

The first I bought from the Kraton parts list. Just because that’s what was in stock
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-kraton-4s-4x4-17mm-hex-hubs-adaptors-wheel-nuts-ara4408v2

The second was from Mojave parts
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-mojave-4s-4x4-17mm-hex-hubs-adaptors-wheel-nuts-ara4404

They are not the same. The Mojave hexes are slightly shorter/narrower. And it makes a difference. They don’t fill all the space between the pin hole and the bearing like the Kraton hexes do. As a result there’s around 1.5 - 2 mm of play for the wheels, axles, and bearings to slide/wobble in and out. The Kraton hexes are a much better fit with much less wobble.

I think Arrma narrowed the Mojave hex to fit the shallower Mojave wheel/tire socket, but didn’t pay attention to how it affected the fit elsewhere. If they did, it was unnecessary. Mojave wheels will fit on wider Kraton hexes just fine. The hex just protrudes from the wheel socket a little more.

The little extra wobble might not make any real difference. But if you’d prefer a tighter fit, get Kraton hexes.

Last edited:
Hmm, the mudguards have a downside. VERY difficult to adjust camber. Once camber is set, I guess it’s not a problem. And I think Mojave arms/hubs are slightly wider than Typhon arms.

Last edited:
So far I’m very happy. The Mojave arms, hubs and driveshafts work great. No major differences in handling.

It may handle bumps a little stiffer with the heavier, stiffer setup, there are pros and cons to that. Also there may be less traction rollover because of more weight overall.

Main thing is it’s really fun ripping into the throttle with zero worry of popping a driveshaft. I also upgraded to 4s. I’m probably going to blow a tire now. 😆

We’ll see how it holds up to jumps. But judging from Mojave videos, I think it should hold up well.

Beefier axles, rod ends, and turnbuckles are another nice addition.

P.S. I don’t think you need the Mojave steering rack. Only real difference is the ends are rotated 90 degrees. Not sure why. I’m still using the 3s steering rack.

Last edited:
So far I’m very happy. The Mojave arms, hubs and driveshafts work great. No major differences in handling. The back end may be sliding a bit more more. But it could just be worn tires and/or slipper loose.

It may handle bumps a little stiffer with the heavier, stiffer arms, there are pros and cons to that. Also there may be less traction rollover because of more weight overall.

Suspension rides just slightly higher. The shock holes must be slightly narrower. Loosened the shock collars one turn and it rides the same.

Main thing is it’s really fun ripping into the throttle with zero worry of popping a driveshaft. I’m probably going to blow a tire now. 😆

We’ll see how it holds up to jumps. But judging from Mojave videos, I think it should hold up well.

Beefier axles, rod ends, and turnbuckles are another nice addition.

P.S. I don’t think you need the Mojave steering rack. Only real difference is the pivot ball is rotated 90 degrees. Not sure why. I’m still using the 3s steering rack.
Pictures! We need pictures!
Good to hear you are happy with it, as I am walking the same path.
Waiting for customs to release my package...

Pictures! We need pictures!
Good to hear you are happy with it, as I am walking the same path.
Waiting for customs to release my package...
Some dirty photos of my girl 😉 Another nice feature of Mojave arms is fully captured shocks.
IMG_2287.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey,

many thanks for this awesome thread!

Did anyone tried AR310893?

It an assembled CVD Slider Driveshaft with 17mm Hex Hub and Wheel Nut and it´s cheaper in comparison.

Okay, thank you.

You ordered ARA210011?

I´m a little bit confused...
I cant find ARA210011 in the Mojave Parts.

Only CVD Parts. And these Parts are for ARA311147.

Will ARA311147 fit also?

Mounted the Mojave 4s parts, meeeeeeen, those are some nice parts. Camber was way off, but easily corrected.

I am really impressed how much more beefy the 4s parts are.

The suspension geometry changed, because the mounting location is different and I am not too happy about that detail. The rear got 'harder' and had a bit more static sag. Need to look into that.

Important info: the rear got 4mm wider.

1000019797.jpg
1000019798.jpg

Oelala
1000019799.jpg

Camber wayyyy off.
1000019800.jpg

Camber corrected.
1000019801.jpg

If you use the Mojave rod ends and turnbuckles camber and toe will not be so off. Plus they are much beefier. I’m loving my fat links.

Overall, yeah the parts feel much beefier with better fit. It may change handling a little. Rear suspension is stiffer, I loosened one turn.

Last edited:
Busted my left COMPOSITE REAR SLIDER DRIVESHAFT, so time to power up. Going the Mojave route thanks guys for paving the way!!! @Neelis @GRC

View attachment 361337
I posted this earlier. I think it’s better to get the Kraton (or Outcast) hex hubs, not the Mojave. They are all supposed to be the same, they all use the same part number.

But when I ordered them from Jenny’s RC, the Mojave hexes were narrower. Maybe to fit inside the shallower hex of Mojave tires. But this actually throws off the pin spacing and gives the wheel extra space to wobble. Maybe it was just a one time defect, but all 4 Mojave vs Kraton hex hubs showed the same difference and resulted in a noticeable difference in fit.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier. I think it’s better to get the Kraton (or Outcast) hex hubs, not the Mojave. They are all supposed to be the same, they all use the same part number.

But when I ordered them from Jenny’s RC, the Mojave hexes were narrower. Maybe to fit inside the shallower hex of Mojave tires. But this actually throws off the pin spacing and gives the wheel extra space to wobble. Maybe it was just a one time defect, but all 4 Mojave vs Kraton hex hubs showed the same difference and resulted in a noticeable difference in fit.
I ordered the Mojave hex hubs from Jenny's and they are perfect.

So, I have done a bunch to my Granite BLX, including RPM Typhon arms, and a Mamba X with 2400kv setup.
Snapped rear U-joint first pack few weeks ago. I don't like weak parts.

Ordered the Arrma CVD axles. Got them...they are too short for Typhon arms. They are actually shorter than stock. Odd. The slider will only slide in about 1/2 inch. Nope...didn't even install them.

Did some research and came up with an idea...and just finished 2 of them.

The Kraton/OC 4s has optional CVD also. But they are too long and the ball ends are larger than the 3s CVDs. Ended up using 1/2 of the 4s CVD, this the 4s outlive cup and pins, and the other end of the 3s CVD slides in. Had to trim the length of the 4s slider...but it is perfect....and MUCH more stout now. Also the 4s outdrive cups are all steel. Nice. Some pics with the stock and the 3s CVD for comparison.

Here is all the parts to make one. Right is the lower part of the 3s CVD. Other parts are the 4s.

View attachment 132976

here is length comparison of 3s and 4s slider. Also see the smaller ball of the 3s.
View attachment 132977

Here is a trimmed 4s compared to the stock before trimming.

View attachment 132978
Here is a comparison of my hybrid CVD, 3s CVD and stock driveshaft.

View attachment 132979
Here is a length comparison of the 2 hybrids I made, and the stock. Stock is stretched to where it was with Typhon arms. As you see the hybrids are barely extended. Should be pretty tough.
View attachment 132980
Are those outdrives for the 3s cvd or 4s? Anybody have a part number?

Are those outdrives for the 3s cvd or 4s? Anybody have a part number?
Sorry I see that they are for the 4s..😅. Looking for a part #..

Back