K8S Almost done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14u24me

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New to hobby, it all started when I bought grandson rc car for christmas..I was watching Utube video's on rc and seen this new K8S and had to have one for myself.Then I joined this forum and started reading. Then I started Upgrades..Chit this is expensive. I live in Canada and we have to order most parts from US and we pay big ..
plus duties on some. Anyway I am allmost done just waiting on a few parts and to button up a few things. Thanks to this forum and the members here I have learned alot and enjoy my new hobby..thanx

Attachments

• IMG_1532-1.JPG
    IMG_1532-1.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1533-2.JPG
    IMG_1533-2.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 95
  • -3.JPG
    -3.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1517-4.JPG
    IMG_1517-4.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 113
So Far...

M2C chassis
M2C motor mount
M2C Max5 mount
Hobbywing Max5 ESC
Hobbywing 56113 800kv motor
41 tooth pinion
Spektrum S9020 servo..just waiting on receiver box
Carbon fiber upper brace with rod insert
Sealed bearings ..waiting on mail
Badlands MX43 tires and wheels
few littel items Hot Racing
Clear body shell
CC Blower 1/5..if needed

The badlands have a 24mm hex too, he's talking about the bore which has to be widened to fit the k8s.

I used a step bit on mine to make the bore fit. I like the MX43's (I run these on my XMaxx, DBLXe and others) but they add significant amounts of unsprung weight to the rig. I can tell a major difference between the MX43's and the stock wheels and tires.

Anyways, GREAT looking rig. I love the body and other touches. I had the HW 56113 but went to the Leo 58113 a little cooler running. I have the CC blower on mine but it doesn't really need it thus far with a 34T pinion.

What bearings did you go with?

So Far...

M2C chassis
M2C motor mount
M2C Max5 mount
Hobbywing Max5 ESC
Hobbywing 56113 800kv motor
41 tooth pinion
Spektrum S9020 servo..just waiting on receiver box
Carbon fiber upper brace with rod insert
Sealed bearings ..waiting on mail
Badlands MX43 tires and wheels
few littel items Hot Racing
Clear body shell
CC Blower 1/5..if needed

Nice build, you a awesome grandpa.
All I have to say is you want a son:)

Jims Bearings, Chrome Steel.. they showed up today..and my receiver box will be here mid week..Looks like I will be bizzy this weekend LOL..

Thanks for that. Good bearings. ?

I’d suggest one more mod...steering servo. With a build like that, it’s a must. I feel like this made the change from a 8s Kraton...to a 6s Kraton “feel” with the huge change in steering authority under heavy accel.

I went with the Spektrum S9020.

Attachments

• 006C39BF-76B1-4FCC-A82F-F08F5EAD378E.jpeg
    006C39BF-76B1-4FCC-A82F-F08F5EAD378E.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 53
That's what I am putting in lol..just waiting on receiver box that was backordered since the start of my upgrades..box will be here this week...I see the boxes are backordered again

Awesome build! Question. Do you feel screwed by the latest revision by Arrma?

funny you ask..I kind of do..but I also love upgrading my stuff ,always have..I do think Arrma should send out the new upgrades to first time buyers..because there was a problem and they revised it in second shipment (fast)..anyways love your videos good job(y)

It's 303 protectant still needs to be wiped off...wheel nuts of ebay from HR for K8S nut sure if they fit 5ive T

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back