Kraton Kinda pissed. Venting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an MT10 that I originally bought for that purpose, but I liked it so much that I began the upgrade process, and now it’s way too quick for someone new to the hobby lol. I love that thing lol.
Mine rips wheelies on 2s, but still controllable in tighter spots. Bone stock, except for some duct tape on the rear, where the concrete has ground through at the lip spoiler. :)

So I got the new Kraton 4s V2 last week, and the weather has sucked until today, so I took it and the XRT out for a quick bash.

I ran the truck for 3 minutes.

It was making a loud noise, and the only reason I ran it that long was to try to figure out where it was coming from. So I took it home, checked the center diff, it was fine. Opened up the front bulkhead and found this.

View attachment 340738

Barely any grease. Upon further inspection, I found this.

View attachment 340739

That’s from 3 minutes of driving. And there’s definitely a rough spot in the rotation of the ring gear.

Yes. I know. I should have checked it before I took it out. I normally do. But I took the chance one time… Lesson learned. But this isn’t why I’m pissed. I’m pissed because now I have to go through Horizon’s warranty process and it’ll likely be 2 weeks before I can enjoy my truck. Yes, I could just run it sounding like a blender on purée until the parts get here (if they approve it), but that just doesn’t feel right. I did shim the diff and added some of that blue awesomeness that came with my Vanquish Phoenix kit. (Best grease ever btw. ) so maybe I’ll take it for a spin tomorrow and see if she’s any quieter after I check the rear diff. Grrrrr.

First world problems.
So I got the new Kraton 4s V2 last week, and the weather has sucked until today, so I took it and the XRT out for a quick bash.

I ran the truck for 3 minutes.

It was making a loud noise, and the only reason I ran it that long was to try to figure out where it was coming from. So I took it home, checked the center diff, it was fine. Opened up the front bulkhead and found this.

View attachment 340738

Barely any grease. Upon further inspection, I found this.

View attachment 340739

That’s from 3 minutes of driving. And there’s definitely a rough spot in the rotation of the ring gear.

Yes. I know. I should have checked it before I took it out. I normally do. But I took the chance one time… Lesson learned. But this isn’t why I’m pissed. I’m pissed because now I have to go through Horizon’s warranty process and it’ll likely be 2 weeks before I can enjoy my truck. Yes, I could just run it sounding like a blender on purée until the parts get here (if they approve it), but that just d

oesn’t feel right. I did shim the diff and added some of that blue awesomeness that came with my Vanquish Phoenix kit. (Best grease ever btw. ) so maybe I’ll take it for a spin tomorrow and see if she’s any quieter after I check the rear diff. Grrrrr.

First world problems.
Horizon will approve it, just explain what happened.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back