Kraton Kraton 6s v4 Servo/Remote Upgrade (Kevin Talbot setup)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr006

Reaction score
Hey, i was blown away by this video on Kevin Talbots setup. Makes me realize my kraton 6s v4 setup sucks, and maybe we'll go back to having fun if i change these things up?

Anyone run this dumborc + agr servo setup? This is the speed servo, but i saw they had a waterproof 361oz/160ms @ 6v servo setup for 58 bucks on amazon.
with all the money he spends, i'm blown away his favorite radio is 35 bucks.. or am i missing something super obvious like this is his brand, and i'm the dumbo.

The link woody posted about the savox servo doesn't work anymore. Seems like the 1210sg doesn't exist anymore.

For the servo I (and many others) will recommend the DS3225. WAY better than stock and cheap. For the radio the Dumbo is a good choice. If you want to spend a bit more my current and favorite is the Flysky FS-GT5. I use that on all my RC's. Cost a bit more than the Dumbo, but if you are going to run other RC's its great. Only need to buy another receiver. And its also great only using one radio.

For the servo I (and many others) will recommend the DS3225. WAY better than stock and cheap. For the radio the Dumbo is a good choice. If you want to spend a bit more my current and favorite is the Flysky FS-GT5. I use that on all my RC's. Cost a bit more than the Dumbo, but if you are going to run other RC's its great. Only need to buy another receiver. And its also great only using one radio.
wow thank you. I just ordered the servo! (but the 180degree version)

Do you have to adjust anything to your servo volts up? I think stock is 6 right? This looks like it needs almost 7.

Just a heads up I'm using the DS3235 and the thing will not recenter to save its life. Seems like this is the popular issue people have if any at all.

Hey, i was blown away by this video on Kevin Talbots setup. Makes me realize my kraton 6s v4 setup sucks, and maybe we'll go back to having fun if i change these things up?

Anyone run this dumborc + agr servo setup? This is the speed servo, but i saw they had a waterproof 361oz/160ms @ 6v servo setup for 58 bucks on amazon.
with all the money he spends, i'm blown away his favorite radio is 35 bucks.. or am i missing something super obvious like this is his brand, and i'm the dumbo.

The link woody posted about the savox servo doesn't work anymore. Seems like the 1210sg doesn't exist anymore.
Just me, but that 1210 is overrated anyway. 2 of mine just Sucked real bad. Seems I am alone on this too. Oh well.
The Dumbo has good range compared to the stock one, that's the only reason KT uses it.
But I feel my Radiolink RC6GS has better even better range. Considered by Raz Shifrin as the best also. And RZ has all the best equipment out there. For just a few dollars more. And Radiolink Rx's are inexpensive and easier to find. At least here in the states.

BTW, I don't think KT ever made it to 203MPH. Correct me if I am wrong. He pumps his stuff up for likes and views too much if you ask me. There is not enough attention to detail trying to get his Speed runner at those speeds. He is just winging it for hype. When guys like Raz and others got him beat. KT should just stick to breaking his stuff. That's what viewers associate him with.:LOL:
He has changed his format as of late. At least From where I am sitting. ?‍♂️

Do you have to adjust anything to your servo volts up? I think stock is 6 right? This looks like it needs almost 7.
The 180 degree is all you need anyway , not the 270.(y)
Why does it look like it needs more than 6V. Where you going with this servo? to the moon.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just a couple notes on the GT5 vs Dumbo:

1. I like my dumbo x6 a lot more now after I removed the plastic grip and put a normal foam grip on it, night/day difference in how it feels in my hand.

2. I got a GT5 radio too and I like decently but for gyro I like the Dumbo better because it's easier to adjust on the fly (it adjusts using the channel 6 knob on top to turn the gain up/down.) The GT5 gyro adjustment is done via the main menu so you navigate to the gyro settings and dink around to change it and it's more cumbersome.

20201122_135706_copy_756x1008.jpg

20201122_135716_copy_756x1008.jpg

Just a heads up I'm using the DS3235 and the thing will not recenter to save its life. Seems like this is the popular issue people have if any at all.

Ive never had that issue with any on the 3225's I run. So maybe thats just the 35?​

Ive always just run it stock from the receiver for my Flysky FS-GT5. Its very powerful at 6V.

1. I like my dumbo x6 a lot more now after I removed the plastic grip and put a normal foam grip on it, night/day difference in how it feels in my hand.

2. I got a GT5 radio too and I like decently but for gyro I like the Dumbo better because it's easier to adjust on the fly (it adjusts using the channel 6 knob on top to turn the gain up/down.) The GT5 gyro adjustment is done via the main menu so you navigate to the gyro settings and dink around to change it and it's more cumbersome.
I don't run the gyro on my GT5. Even at low settings it seems to interfere with the controls more than I like. So I just leave the SVC off.

Why does it look like it needs more than 6V. Where you going with this servo? to the moon.:ROFLMAO:

i was just reading the specs, most of the servos say 4.8/ 6 / 7.4, etc volts.

The specs on this was just at 6.8v.

6-6.8 volts is in the middle-upper range. Speed and torque is always at a spec'ed voltage. That is your guide when finding servos. If it states 6.8v, then that is where you will get the torque and speed it advertises thats all. Some servos are limited to 6v. 4.8 volts is an outdated and obsolete spec. 99% of ESC BEC volts are 6v by default. Some ESC's will allow you to bump up the volts in the ESC settings. Thats how you get higher torque and speed. Only recommended if you need the extra power and the servo is spec'ed to handle it. If not, the servo will burn out. I leave most of my servos at the default Voltage of the ESC's BEC volts (6V)They last longer. Some expensive servos will or can run as high as 7.4v and 8.4v. But IF the ESC's BEC circuit cant supply it, its a moot point in getting that servo. A waste of money IMHO.

Edit: Some servos are power hogs and suck up the Amps of a BEC. Like the Savox 1210's. They are dogs in this regard even at idle. And can brownout your BEC and become glitchy. Even lose radio reception because of this. Better ESC's have higher BEC Amps. 3+Amps.
I don't want to overload you. But there's is much to servos. More than you think.

Last edited:
sorry one more question.

Do i need a bec with this setup? or can i just run it stock? I have the DS3225

View attachment 110470

View attachment 110471
How did you get that foam wheel on there?

How did you get that foam wheel on there?
There is a screw under the logo in the center of the wheel just remove it and the pull wheel off. Once wheel is remover just slide the outer black plastic grip off of the chrome rim then reassemble and add a foam and trim if necessary so it doesn't rub/bind again the radio.

The DS3235sg works great in my Mojave, Kraton6s and Notorious, Fast at 6v/3amp BEC from the stock ESC. I could even trim down the ST. speed at the radio a bit and not miss it. If I get a year out of one I did well. No issues so far 6mos into to my first one. At 6V BEC I am probably getting a realistic 32K. And a 2.1Amp stall current. Well within the BEC's 3.0 amp rating. At 7.4v this servo gets the claimed full 35kg. I could see a cheaper servo getting a bit sloppy in the gear train at this price. Normal IMHO. 35kg is always what I get now. No less. I like the overhead of more torque for hard bashing. You can never have too much. The 25KG DS3225 is great in my Lim and Infr. I took a break from the name brand servos for a while. But Promodeler always peaks my interest. And would probably be my next expensive servo If I want to treat myself. The (2) 1210's I had were power hogs even at idle. Glitchy and failed to center all while straining to center ,noisey while trying. Thats why guys with Crawlers were using the 1210's with external BEC's or Glitch Busters ( A capacitor) plugged into the reciever because of brownouts and all. And these were just plain crap for ME. Both a $loss$ out the gate. Savox warranty was a zero. That experience made me look into generic cheaper servos as an option. :cool:

Amazon.com: ZOSKAY 35kg high Torque Coreless Motor servo Metal Gear Digital and Stainless Steel Gear servo arduino servo for Robotic DIY,RC car (Control Angle 180°): Toys & Games

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back