Kraton 8s Servo advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
The King Max only puts out like 68kg at 8.4v. And costs more as well. The King max is really designed for 12s+ packs/ESC , where it has the max advertised torque. Doable, but for the price and specs not a great match for an 8s ESC as it turns out.:rolleyes:

+1
The King Max only puts out like 68kg at 8.4v. And costs more as well. The King max is really designed for 12s+ packs/ESC , where it has the max advertised torque. Doable, but for the price and specs not a great match for an 8s ESC as it turns out.:rolleyes:
Thanks guys for helping me decide

Did your rig come with an extra receiver box? My EXB roller came with both, but the OG RTR only came with the box for a 1/8 servo. I'm not sure if the newer ones come with it or not. You will need the larger box to mount a 1/5 servo.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/receiver-box/ARA320553.html
It ships next day from Amazon so I’m going to try to install it if it don’t fit order the box.. my rig looks like it will fit it. Out the box it didn’t come with anything extra.

IMG_0525.png

Can someone explain the difference between the stock SPECTRUM servo S6510 and the new server I just bought from SPECTRUM S6295. Which one is better and why? Should I leave the stock server one or swap it out with the new one?

View attachment 326722
I'm new to the site , recently became Invested in the Arrma brand.. have always had rc cars though... I've recently bought a arrma kraton 6s and am wondering if its normal for this model to be quiet noisy.. I've checked my front, middle and rear differentials and no teeth missin and shimed rhem all aswel but still is quite noisy when I drive it, any help much appreciated.

I'm new to the site , recently became Invested in the Arrma brand.. have always had rc cars though... I've recently bought a arrma kraton 6s and am wondering if its normal for this model to be quiet noisy.. I've checked my front, middle and rear differentials and no teeth missin and shimed rhem all aswel but still is quite noisy when I drive it, any help much appreciated.
If you mean the servo, the yes, servos can make a lot of white or electronic noise.

If you mean the truck overall, then also yes, mostly caused by the metal-on-metal friction of the pinion and spur gear.

Make sure there’s a little bit of play between the pinion and spur. They should not be tight against each other.

I really like the Spektrum 9120.
Hey I bought the spektrum 9120.. when you installed the servo saver the part that connects to the servo hub, was the ridge inside(the flat part inside the servo saver) directly centered or to the right? Mine is to the Left a bit when looking from the front bumper.. I’m not sure if I installed it correctly.. what do you reccomend or advise since you installed it on your truck…

If you mean the servo, the yes, servos can make a lot of white or electronic noise.

If you mean the truck overall, then also yes, mostly caused by the metal-on-metal friction of the pinion and spur gear.

Make sure there’s a little bit of play between the pinion and spur. They should not be tight against each other.
+!

Hey I bought the spektrum 9120.. when you installed the servo saver the part that connects to the servo hub, was the ridge inside(the flat part inside the servo saver) directly centered or to the right? Mine is to the Left a bit when looking from the front bumper.. I’m not sure if I installed it correctly.. what do you reccomend or advise since you installed it on your truck…
Pages 12-13 should help.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandw...t/dw9b6d5bd4/Manuals/ARA5210-Manual-MULTI.pdf

My Kraton 8s is doing something I don’t know I need help. It cuts out on me, comes to a stop.. no throttle no steering and as I get closer when walking to it, it’s making a click, click, click, every 2 seconds. Then I have to turn power off and back on for it to work again. Anyone know what the issue may be? Thanks guys

My Kraton 8s is doing something I don’t know I need help. It cuts out on me, comes to a stop.. no throttle no steering and as I get closer when walking to it, it’s making a click, click, click, every 2 seconds. Then I have to turn power off and back on for it to work again. Anyone know what the issue may be? Thanks guys
What are your ESC temp, motor temp, and battery voltage levels when that happens?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back