Kraton 8s Servo advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennie 8s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Can someone explain the difference between the stock SPECTRUM servo S6510 and the new server I just bought from SPECTRUM S6295. Which one is better and why? Should I leave the stock server one or swap it out with the new one?

image.jpg

The stocker servo is NOT a true 1/5 servo. Just considered a large scale servo. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
The upgrade ones, like the one shown is a True 1/5 scale servo. Surely swap it out, you have it in hand.
You may need a different correct Rx box/Servo mount and SS adapter for this.
Mostly Depends if you have the older 8s or the most recent one?
I am not any great authority with 8s rigs however. But I try, short of actually owning an 8s rig.:giggle:

The stocker servo is NOT a true 1/5 servo. Just considered a large scale servo. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
The upgrade ones, like the one shown is a True 1/5 scale servo. Surely swap it out, you have it in hand.
I am not any great authority with 8s rigs however. But I try, short of actually owning an 8s rig.:giggle:
I have the new one just bought it 3 weeks ago. Thanks love the advice I definitely appreciate it..

Let other seasoned 8s guys jump in.
They have a wealth of knowldege and patience with their 8s Arrma's.
And welcome to AF.

Let other seasoned 8s guys jump in.
They have a wealth of knowldege and patience with their 8s Arrma's.
And welcome to AF.
Agreed!! I’m looking forward to the OG’s sharing what they advise…

That’s a great question.
May I first start by asking why you purchased the servo you did? What was your plan?
I have no idea why I bought the servo, other than it’s spectrum like the rest of the truck and I googled around and ended up deciding on that one because the amount of torque for $my budget.. I’m really trying to learn more about the the mechanics and the truck as a whole. I want it to turn fast and have a high torque. What do you think I should do? I love having options

This forum is Great!!!!

My research says it fits but there’s a possibility you are correct. One way to find out I’ll install it and find out 100%. Thanks bro your the man! let me know if you want me to post a pic when it’s complete…

At 8.4v BEC, I would say that 104 kg of torque is good.
I see that it is on B/O right now??? At Amain Hobbies at least. They do have a 15% discount on this servo. Code: OCT1223 ($225. List)

At 8.4v BEC, I would say that 104 kg of torque is good.
I see that it is on B/O right now??? At Amain Hobbies at least. They do have a 15% discount on this servo. Code: OCT1223 ($225. List)
You recommend the

King Max S150–288g 200kg Digital Steel-Gear High Torque Servo​

For my Kraton I’m not sure which to buy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back