Kraton Compatible Body Database

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J concepts Finisher body fits nicely with the cage.. body posts fit pretty closely.. i did a poopy paint job so i slapped a bunch of stickers on it.. the black bled through the orange.. but i like it

Edit: trust me.. i didn’t type ‘poopy’
E9F00CC4-9F49-4FB5-AD6F-C59B2EBEA670.jpeg
99DA9989-6842-4EA0-AA86-700B47967D53.jpeg
836D8A78-599D-4AB7-A5AA-5C963AC79A17.jpeg
B041DA49-1DBD-4852-82B3-1CFD8677206D.jpeg

Last edited:
J concepts Finisher body fits nicely with the cage.. body posts fit pretty closely.. i did a poopy paint job so i slapped a bunch of stickers on it.. the black bled through the orange.. but i like it

Edit: trust me.. i didn’t type ‘poopy’
View attachment 52237View attachment 52238View attachment 52239View attachment 52240
Not too bad its looks pretty good. Was this your first time trimming and painting on a body? Also, how many coats of paint did you use, just 3? I just bought the same body for my #v3 KRATON! I have chosen the color Metallic Blue from Tamiya and some sort of Black as a backer and will be doing some masking around the windows.

Last edited:
Not too bad its looks pretty good. Was this your first time trimming and painting on a body? Also, how many coats of paint did you use, just 3? I just bought the same body for my #v3 KRATON! I have chosen the color Metallic Blue from Tamiya and some sort of Black as a backer and will be doing some masking around the windows.
First time in 20plus years yes.. the stickers helped cover up some of the black bleed throughs.. but Now that I’ve crashed it a few times and scuffed it up.. you can hardly notice.. 3 coats yes but that’s all the can had in it.. i bought the small Tamiya cans and ran out of paint.. i would’ve done 4 or 5 coats if i had more paint.. i also lined the inside with drywall tape and shoe goo to toughen it up.. it’s a thick body to begin with.. but hey extra strength never hurts

@Hookedup - very cool brother... This will be my first body. Anyhow, I trimmed out my #Finisher body for my #v3 #KRATON last night. I still need to do a little sanding with my Dermal in a few sections around the body but other then that it came out ok in my opinion. I am going to do 2 colors - Metallic Blue and a Gun Metal silver and top it off with a Flat Clear Lacquer

Bittydesign Liquid Mask
Tamiya PS-5 Black
Tamiya PS-59 Metallic Blue
Tamiya TS-80 Flat Clear Lacquer

Attachments

• IMG_3654.jpg
    IMG_3654.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3655.jpg
    IMG_3655.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
@Hookedup - very cool brother... This will be my first body. Anyhow, I trimmed out my #Finisher body for my #v3 #KRATON last night. I still need to do a little sanding with my Dermal in a few sections around the body but other then that it came out ok in my opinion. I ordered from AMainHobby last night some goodies that I need to complete this project.

Bittydesign Liquid Mask
Tamiya PS-5 Black
Tamiya PS-17 Metallic Green
Tamiya PS-12 Gun Metal Silver
Tester Masking Tape 5mm
Very ambitious first body ??

@Hookedup - very cool brother... This will be my first body. Anyhow, I trimmed out my #Finisher body for my #v3 #KRATON last night. I still need to do a little sanding with my Dermal in a few sections around the body but other then that it came out ok in my opinion. I am going to do 2 colors - Metallic Blue and a Gun Metal silver and top it off with a Flat Clear Lacquer

Bittydesign Liquid Mask
Tamiya PS-5 Black
Tamiya PS-12 Silver
In all honesty it’s the best looking Truggy body I’ve seen to date.. and it’s good quality.. i need to find a few skid plates to mount to the top of the roof that’s where it likes to scuff up the most..

sounds like you did your research.. i kept it simple. I cut my body after i painted it.. i didn’t want to mess up the outer shrink wrap cutting it. It’s my first body and i will refine the process over time. Good luck

Bittydesign Liquid Mask
Tamiya PS-5 Black
Tamiya PS-12 Silver
1C18F6D2-743C-479E-870E-AB378E67F493.jpeg
4CB88CA1-FE19-40E3-A7E7-458EF0AE700A.jpeg

Just an idea.. i used HD Velcro on the sides of the body and the sides of the chassis it snugs up perfectly.. I think it helps keep some of the dust/dirt out.

Last edited:
I use a dusty motors cover from #TBR if I go into a lot off road mud, etc! It work pretty good w/ keeping all of the dirt and rocks out..

View attachment 52714
But... that’s... an eRevo!! Lol ok i should look into getting one of those.. i live on the beach and i seldom run it there because it’s such a mess to clean up afterwards. Gritty gritty sand never fully cleans up outa all the nooks and crannies

Here are a few pictures of my JConcepts Finnisher body for my #v3 #KRATON that I painted and added some decals to it.
I think the my first body came out pretty decent :)

Colors i used for the body:
Tamiya Polycarbonate: (PS-49) Sky Blue Anodized Aluminium
Tamiya America - (PS-63) Bright Gun Metal Silver
Tamiya America - (PS-5) Black

Attachments

• JConcepts Finnisher.jpeg
    JConcepts Finnisher.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 200
  • JConcepts Finnisher1.jpeg
    JConcepts Finnisher1.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 204
  • JConcepts KRATON Body.jpeg
    JConcepts KRATON Body.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I use a dusty motors cover from #TBR if I go into a lot off road mud, etc! It work pretty good w/ keeping all of the dirt and rocks out..

View attachment 52714
Careful I find it makes my temps a little higher by restricting the air. I love how clean it keeps it though.

1972 Chevy proline does fit like a glove,this is my v2 talion . I have outcast side guards to help keep mature nature out an the body fits snug to sides.cut out square in back for spoiler. Going to add arrma body pins too.NOW A TRUCKY! Thinking about dipping the body,have never done that,so thinking about it. Ill post back in future.
1214191559a_Film1.jpg
1214191602_Film1.jpg

Nitr0EngiEx - I prefer my Red ARRMA #v3 Stock #KRATON body with a Red #TBR Thrasher bumper installed (y)
Also, I use Gorilla Tape inside of the body so its lot more durable and will hold up a lot longer!
View attachment 50981
I agree- is this on a V3 or V4 - if on V4 did you have to do anything to get it to fit? also, what tires on on this- very cool look!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back