Kraton diffs stock play (shimming needed) and material: pressed" sinter metal or machined steel??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bash4Cash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi im new here and are awaiting my new kraton... My question is are the diffs (not the spider gears) made from sintered metal or are they machined from real steel??? And how good is the shimming or sayed better the play between the small and big gear on STOCK? Hope do get a answer on this, really interested on that case... Thanks in advance guys

I have heard the Mugen diffs can be swapped it, but it is not a straight swap. I don't know all the details, just that I have heard of it being done. I think Mugen diffs are machined, but not 100% sure.

But then, the mugen diffs still need to be shimmed - all diffs do. And if you shim the Arrma diffs, they last a long, long time, barring huge power from something like a 4092 motor on 6s.

I have heard the Mugen diffs can be swapped it, but it is not a straight swap. I don't know all the details, just that I have heard of it being done. I think Mugen diffs are machined, but not 100% sure.

But then, the mugen diffs still need to be shimmed - all diffs do. And if you shim the Arrma diffs, they last a long, long time, barring huge power from something like a 4092 motor on 6s.

Ok super cool tip! Yes i will shim the diffs instantly before i take her out ;). And also they should as you told hold up very well if shimmed! Thank you very much!!

Finding shins tight now is nigh impossible. Mugen are sold out, Durango are sold out, ARA709024 is sold out. Any one else with recommendations?

I'm going to try some associated shims, will post if works. Also bought the tekno and Protek.

I think there should be a sticky just for this topic...where people keep updating with shims that do and do not work. There are already 2 stickies for the diffs, but there should be one separate sticky just devoted to an active list of shims that do and don't work.

I usually love trying to hunt down these small but essential parts...but spending a couple of hours on the forums and not having any parts in stock is a PITA. Google searching by shim size did not help me at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back