Kraton Kraton EXB rear camber set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
Hello there great people

I been thinking about how much camber there

Negative or positive, or just zero camber?

What do you run ?

Is my Kraton EXB 1/8, in stock setup there is positive camber on it
DSC_2903.JPG

I have the camber gauge
But i don't no if there supposed to be positive camber at rear
Road car has negative camber or zero, but I'm not sure about that off road
I'm pretty sure its about the same for off road too. I personally run zero and run mostly on grass, and loose stuff. I was told to try a little positive and see if I like it as it may help in the handling dept. I tried it and haven't seen much of a difference with the rear having positive camber compared to zero.🙃
The front is a different story...every mm. makes a difference imo.

I'm pretty sure its about the same for off road too. I personally run zero and run mostly on grass, and loose stuff. I was told to try a little positive and see if I like it as it may help in the handling dept. I tried it and haven't seen much of a difference with the rear having positive camber compared to zero.🙃
The front is a different story...every mm. makes a difference imo.
Okay then i just set them at zero

Thanks Mango 😁

Hello there great people

I been thinking about how much camber there

Negative or positive, or just zero camber?

What do you run ?

Is my Kraton EXB 1/8, in stock setup there is positive camber on it
View attachment 188962

It is a combination of camber, camber change with body roll, and roll center height. Fundamentally you want negative camber and you want more negative camber as your suspension compresses. When you turn you will get body roll around the roll center and that can lead to a loss of traction as the outside wheel changes angle and weight distribution.

@razorrc has a very good video on Arrma 6S setup.

It is a combination of camber, camber change with body roll, and roll center height. Fundamentally you want negative camber and you want more negative camber as your suspension compresses. When you turn you will get body roll around the roll center and that can lead to a loss of traction as the outside wheel changes angle and weight distribution.

@razorrc has a very good video on Arrma 6S setup.

That's awesome 👍
Yeah it's roll over easy , almost to easy, should I go with 1 degree negative than, instead of the stock setup with positive

No prob!
I use my trusty cardboard box lid cut from a shipping box as my camber gauge. :ROFLMAO:
Correction. Yes as @L3phturn said NEGATIVE....zero to a little negative. I tried a little negative and didnt feel much difference from zero....not in the rear. Sorry!
That's awesome 👍
Yeah it's roll over easy , almost to easy, should I go with 1 degree negative than, instead of the stock setup with positive
Threw me off when you said stock as mine came stock with negative. sorry my man.

Okay then i just set them at zero

Thanks Mango 😁
I disagree. Usually a little negative camber handles better with the amount of suspension travel we have. , Try zero, try -2 degrees, then come back to -1 and see what works for you. I would tune one end at a time.
Correction. Yes as @L3phturn said NEGATIVE....zero to a little negative. I tried a little negative and didnt feel much difference from zero....not in the rear. Sorry!

Threw me off when you said stock as mine came stock with negative. sorry my man.
It can be difficult to see the difference on the surfaces we run on, especially with diff fluids affecting handling as well .

I disagree. Usually a little negative camber handles better with the amount of suspension travel we have. , Try zero, try -2 degrees, then come back to -1 and see what works for you. I would tune one end at a time.
I agree with trying in increments as I went from stock which I was told is -2 to zero...never tried -1. Zero works for me though.

I agree with trying in increments as I went from stock which I was told is -2 to zero...never tried -1. Zero works for me though.

So im doing camber and setup on a Kraton/Typhon 6S. On both the shorter and now the longer wheelbase chassis with the ball-studs threated in the camber was -7 or more, silly. Kraton A-Arms and Hubs.
In this photo below, my camber is -2 on both sides.
Look how far out the ball stud is?
Is that Normal?
I want to bring in the lower one but its already hard against that red stopper. wtf?

-2 is allot. On the street buggies and cars -1 or 0 is best.

Im new to monster truck RC's. Do they naturally want more negative camber?

I cant even DO Camber with the Copperhead tires, they are all over the place. I used a pair of Hoons and 2.8 street tires to adjust camber and toe. Well, im trying too - started.

Sorry, iPhone didn't focus well but you can see the gap.

IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2662.jpeg

Fish, you need to fill that space with washers, plastic or metal, whatever works.
Thanks. Yeah I was going too but is that somewhat normal? No others have been that way, quite the opposite where ive been shimming the bottom stud, not the top. Took me by surprise.

I don't think this related but also the Front "Typhon Rear shocks" are inadequate with the Typhon Towers and Kraton A-Arms.
Im using mohave rears on teh rear and they are good. Will have to find something better suited. Just needs to be a bit longer with a little more spring.

So im doing camber and setup on a Kraton/Typhon 6S. On both the shorter and now the longer wheelbase chassis with the ball-studs threated in the camber was -7 or more, silly. Kraton A-Arms and Hubs.
In this photo below, my camber is -2 on both sides.
Look how far out the ball stud is?
Is that Normal?
I want to bring in the lower one but its already hard against that red stopper. wtf?

-2 is allot. On the street buggies and cars -1 or 0 is best.

Im new to monster truck RC's. Do they naturally want more negative camber?

I cant even DO Camber with the Copperhead tires, they are all over the place. I used a pair of Hoons and 2.8 street tires to adjust camber and toe. Well, im trying too - started.

Sorry, iPhone didn't focus well but you can see the gap.

View attachment 231077

View attachment 231078
Agreed with @KevinC.
Once the spacers are in place then the gap doesn't look so bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back