Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newbie question, if i go for non-arrma ESC in this EXB, do I have to solder? Or is there ESC out there that doesn't requiring soldering? I'm not confident in doing that o_O
You can do it without soldering if you choose the right combos. You can also buy adapters and extensions. Some here will say bad idea on adapters but I do it all the time and do sh*t however I want with my trucks. I'm not in a contest; I just bash.
https://www.ebay.com/str/driveandflyrc

Amen brother... I'm just gonna hold fire & wait to see how it stands up to average Joe throwing it around!. Although I wouldn't be surprised if end up placing an order soon! ?
This is what I'm waiting for, the dust to settle. My major concern is the chassis, but from the few vids I've seen so far, looks to be good, time will tell, until then I'm counting the cookie jar.

I’m thinking I want a set of diffs, arms, suspension mounts, bumper, and a few other things it comes to 431$. I guess I’m most excited about the outdrives being heavier. The pins look stronger as well. Friction diff sounds like something I will need to mess with more than hat we have now. Love the bumper and suspension mounting. When my Kraton needs a rebuild I might just order one of these and combined what I like about both.
As good as these guys' footage videos are, IMHO they lack credibility because they are obvious commercial partners.

Anyone know of any good, unbiased Youtube RC car channels that does reviews besides AussieRC?
I would love to see my bud @bicketybam ring one out. He’s got a lot going on right now but maybe down the road.

Agh I'm so torn! I'm getting back into RC after about 10 years, and literally JUST had a Kraton 6S I ordered last week delivered. Haven't even opened the box yet.

The value of the EXB roller is just so tempting- basically won't have to make any upgrades.

I'm trying to decide whether I should open the box and keep the truck I have now (plus the aluminum chassis braces, servo mount, and new radio I ordered with it), or return all those things (minus the radio) and get the Kraton EXB instead. I'd have to pay like $50-100 for return shipping on the truck, and can avoid the restock fee if I keep myself from opening the box.

I know the Horizon website says early July availability, but can anyone guess with a little more accuracy, perhaps based on historic launch availability, when Horizon may ship?

I can get a good deal locally on the stock 2050 kv motor and BLX 185 ESC, if that's good for the 6s RTR I imagine it will be fine for the EXB roller? A Castle combo would likely be overkill me just getting back into it, if the EXB will perform similarly as the RTR with the same motor/ESC combo I'm sure I will be happy.

Its so tough to have the shiny new truck waiting in the box just downstairs and trying to keep myself from opening it, just so I might decide to wait more for something else...

Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions regarding my dilemma!

Agh I'm so torn! I'm getting back into RC after about 10 years, and literally JUST had a Kraton 6S I ordered last week delivered. Haven't even opened the box yet.

The value of the EXB roller is just so tempting- basically won't have to make any upgrades.

I'm trying to decide whether I should open the box and keep the truck I have now (plus the aluminum chassis braces, servo mount, and new radio I ordered with it), or return all those things (minus the radio) and get the Kraton EXB instead. I'd have to pay like $50-100 for return shipping on the truck, and can avoid the restock fee if I keep myself from opening the box.

I know the Horizon website says early July availability, but can anyone guess with a little more accuracy, perhaps based on historic launch availability, when Horizon may ship?

I can get a good deal locally on the stock 2050 kv motor and BLX 185 ESC, if that's good for the 6s RTR I imagine it will be fine for the EXB roller? A Castle combo would likely be overkill me just getting back into it, if the EXB will perform similarly as the RTR with the same motor/ESC combo I'm sure I will be happy.

Its so tough to have the shiny new truck waiting in the box just downstairs and trying to keep myself from opening it, just so I might decide to wait more for something else...

Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions regarding my dilemma!
This is a tough one, the exb has the potential to be pretty sweet. The changes go a long way, it’s really completely different minus the body, wheels, motor mount, drive shafts and bulk heads. I’m pretty happy with my V2 Kraton but have I great deal of money in it and it weighs a lot more than the exb. Theres going to be a lot of rcs for sale in the next few weeks for sure. If you decide to open the one you have I’m sure it will put a smile on your face. Just run it and don’t go crazy with upgrades. If you feel the need to upgrade, add up the parts and see what it comes out to. I’ve literally run my k6s for six months without doing a thing to it other than diff fluids and normal service, maybe a wheel bearing or two.

The 3mm chassis is a little concern but for most of us I think it will be fine as well as the thinner than after market 7075 towers. These will defenately make a lighter, faster better handling, basher than something decked out completely with jbi, or m2c. The arms, driveline and suspension mounting system is huge, this thing is a monster. I’m sure the tekno guys (I own one btw...) will say they have a better basher (not racer) but on looks and wrenchability I’d take this thing over a et48 and would not have to buy wheels, tires and put the dam thing together. Also have nearly 150bucks leftover for electrics...lm really hoping this is as good as it looks on screen but only time will tell and I’m sure some flaws will be found...
Yeah and if you are worried about the chassis you can always get m2c 7075 chassis braces

This looks pretty awesome. I’ve just spent a fortune sorting my v4 with CRCU, JBIT parts and a Max6 combo. Oh well I’m happy enough with it, added weight aside. I’ve done loads of research but I can’t see anywhere that indicates whether the new servo mount is standard height or would take one of the taller servos like the Savox 1210sg. Has anyone found that out yet?

So today I preordered Kraton EXB, waiting is acceptable it is August 24th.
My main goal is to test this new stuf:
New diff gears(ring and input)
New diff internals
New input gear cups
New diff cups

For me, important upgrade are diff input caps and diff cups, if materials are better, that is a big thing not just for this roller, but for all 6S cars. I will go for them for drag/speed cars too. A already use Mugen dog bone pins, so I press new ones and not buy dog bones(not that cheap), if cups are tool steel, than it is easy 150+ USD saved per year, if you have 3+ cars, and bush regularly.

It is obvious that 7075 chassis, 7075 tower, braces and strong arms are plus, but this is not only cost effective, but labor and time effective.

Where did you hear that?
Wheelspeen models UK.
Here is my order conformation.

Screenshot_20200704-131127_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've not had a Kraton but I like how I can self-right with my Noto. I prefer the authentic 50's truck style body too. I've got a spare one painted up AND a spare ESC/motor combo to drop in a SWB roller

I really want to know if there's an EXB roller TBA of the Outcast/Notorious

All in good time...? ??

WOW
i will buy one 100%

This is nothing else than THE DREAM COME TRUTH BY ARRMA.

Kraton or Talion 1/8 with 7075 chassie. And ALOT other stronger hopups installed from Factory.
And the second best of all.
You can choose all Electronics self.

Maybe 2 good 2 be real :)

Thank YOU ALOT ARRMA.
Can you please make one Talion Extreme Bash Roller also?

Mojave 1/7 would be nice also if released with better options, no electronics.
Make that one too Extreme Bash Roller version please

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back