Kraton KRATON EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3mm chassis is a little concern but for most of us I think it will be fine as well as the thinner than after market 7075 towers. These will defenately make a lighter, faster better handling, basher than something decked out completely with jbi, or m2c. The arms, driveline and suspension mounting system is huge, this thing is a monster. I’m sure the tekno guys (I own one btw...) will say they have a better basher (not racer) but on looks and wrenchability I’d take this thing over a et48 and would not have to buy wheels, tires and put the dam thing together. Also have nearly 150bucks leftover for electrics...lm really hoping this is as good as it looks on screen but only time will tell and I’m sure some flaws will be found...
Amen brother... I'm just gonna hold fire & wait to see how it stands up to average Joe throwing it around!. Although I wouldn't be surprised if end up placing an order soon! ?

newbie question, if i go for non-arrma ESC in this EXB, do I have to solder? Or is there ESC out there that doesn't requiring soldering? I'm not confident in doing that o_O
Typically, yes, you would have to solder connectors. Hobby shops can do it for you. I’ve paid $2.50-$5 a joint before I had a good solder gun.

Your not the only one mate... ive just started fitting upgrades & getting my new K6s ready for its 1st run out! ?
I installed my M2c chassis on my v4 kraton a few weeks ago ?

I installed my M2c chassis on my v4 kraton a few weeks ago ?
Well look at the positives.... your chassis is 4mm so slightly stronger than the new 3mm EXB chassis anyway!. Theres a few ways of going forward for the likes of us who have recently been upgrading a current Kraton...
1. Continue to upgrade with EXB or other proven names (M2c, JBI, Hot racing etc).
2. Sell V4 as is & buy EXB.
3. Keep current rig & add EXB to the fleet!

Most importantly whatever you choose to do just enjoy the rig/s you have as that's what's it's all about at the end of the day, Fun!! ?

Well look at the positives.... your chassis is 4mm so slightly stronger than the new 3mm EXB chassis anyway!. Theres a few ways of going forward for the likes of us who have recently been upgrading a current Kraton...
1. Continue to upgrade with EXB or other proven names (M2c, JBI, Hot racing etc).

Most importantly whatever you choose to do just enjoy the rig/s you have as that's what's it's all about at the end of the day, Fun!! ?

For me it will be the option 3. I keep my V2 because it is MY V2 :ROFLMAO: , i have so many unused spares for it. Maybe it will become a young timer vintage shelf queen?....Nooooo.

At the end of the promo video:

As good as these guys' footage videos are, IMHO they lack credibility because they are obvious commercial partners.

Anyone know of any good, unbiased Youtube RC car channels that does reviews besides AussieRC?

@Rich Duperbash and @RC DUDE81 are above reproach in my book. They won’t sugar coat it too much. They show when things break or when things need modified. I can’t think of two more reliable guys to trust. Even JT showed his breakages.

@Rich Duperbash and @RC DUDE81 are above reproach in my book. They won’t sugar coat it too much. They show when things break or when things need modified. I can’t think of two more reliable guys to trust. Even JT showed his breakages.
Love watching Duperdash's videos and as a whole he provides tons of useful information. But he's definitely promoted some products just for the money. For example, DSM Off-Road rubber sealed bearings suck, they get dirty in no time. I almost got the Tbone Racing bumpers based on his recommendation, luckily they were out of stock. Since then I've seen lots of complaints about them.

As good as these guys' footage videos are, IMHO they lack credibility because they are obvious commercial partners.

Anyone know of any good, unbiased Youtube RC car channels that does reviews besides AussieRC?

Vas is nice for his passion about RC. But it isn't the one i watch when i want to make my opinion on a car. For example my opnion about the ZD racing 1/8 MT is to avoid it, when Vas say it is a correct MT (he received it for free by banggod, as for me). And it is same for some other cars he reviewed and i own. But sometime i agree with him, like for the Hobao MT II.

From what i see of the different videos, the EXB is tough. Not undescrutible for sure, but more durable than the RTR, oblviously i would say, when you know the RTR and see what they put on the EXB, it can't be else. I'm more confident about the EXB than when i bought the Kronos.

But it is a new release, there will be maybe few design flaw, like the limited slip system in the diff.. But from the videos, even this seems to work properlly. But how durable it will be? Nobody can say so far.

Last edited:
Love watching Duperdash's videos and as a whole he provides tons of useful information. But he's definitely promoted some products just for the money. For example, DSM Off-Road rubber sealed bearings suck, they get dirty in no time. I almost got the Tbone Racing bumpers based on his recommendation, luckily they were out of stock. Since then I've seen lots of complaints about them.
I will take your word for it, but I have never heard of those products.

And it looks like AussieRC was left out of the loop after his Kraton 8s reviews.

I've spent almost $1k on upgrading just my K6s V4, so it's not going anywhere ??

And it looks like AussieRC was left out of the loop after his Kraton 8s reviews.

This is something questionnable. He hid the bent chassis to his viewers to protect the Arrma image. When some did talk about this way before him, like Rich if i remember well.

Anyway, when i see how fast Arrma did react to make upgrades for the 8S, i'm not worried for the EXB.

I want to see a game of HORSE (that basketball game where you do the same hard/trick shots) between a XBR Kraton,full M2C/built Kraton, and stock RTR Kraton but same radio/electronics and pinion on all. Do full sends on same jumps, same conditions all one after the other until only 1 is left standing ?

option 2 for me, i've had my K6s for 1 week and haven't even ran it yet :ROFLMAO: it's on sale as we speak, if it sells EXB here i come!

option 2 for me, i've had my K6s for 1 week and haven't even ran it yet :ROFLMAO: it's on sale as we speak, if it sells EXB here i come!
Absolutely. It makes more sense if you haven't upgraded yet. I would have done the same. ?

newbie question, if i go for non-arrma ESC in this EXB, do I have to solder? Or is there ESC out there that doesn't requiring soldering? I'm not confident in doing that o_O
An aftermarket esc could come with plugs fitted some do some don't, but as others have said your LHS will do solder jobs.
I see your in the UK and I know Modelsport will solder for you, if you lived near me I would solder them up for you for free..???

An aftermarket esc could come with plugs fitted some do some don't, but as others have said your LHS will do solder jobs.
I see your in the UK and I know Modelsport will solder for you, if you lived near me I would solder them up for you for free..???
I would solder it up for free too. My LHS only charges like $10-$15.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back