Kraton Kraton/ Outcast VS Proline ProMT4X4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015GTRBE

Patrick Bateman ?
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Talion
Well boys and girls so much debate over the new 4s line that I went ahead and not only purchased the Arrma Kraton 4s, but also the proline MT which is designed for 3-6s.

I will add pictures in here soon, but for now let me break it down a little for you and give my opinions.

Kraton 4S

**Pros:** size, electronics if a beginner

**Cons:** price, slipper clutch, sh1tty plastics, weak arms, plastic shocks, PLASTIC diff gears... ?.

Proline Pro MT 4X4

**Pros:**center diff, aluminum bits and parts
from factory, aluminum bodied shocks, light weight, better design

Cost ARTR : is $299.00! $100.00 less than before

**Cons:**weak hinge pin holders (upgrades available) weak servo saber (upgrade avail), size, handling without spacers. Drive cup design.

So how do these stack up? Let’s do a cost comparison.

The proline MT:
$299.00 Kit
$40-50 servo
$120.00 blx 185 combo or free
$20.00 aluminum servo saver
$23.00 bearings sealed
$513.00 bring your own radio
$628.00 with the new HD hinge pin holders for the severe bashers

Arrma Kraton 4S
$399.00 rtr
$23.00 bearings
$70.00 hot racing aluminum yokes
$40-50 servo
$60.00 6s or aluminum shocks
Bring your own REAL radio
$600.00

It’s closer in cost than you may have thought but the proline is miles ahead in quality and durability. That said, a 6s or Tekno would be way more durable, but these smaller trucks have a value to their size and cost effective battery options.

I say skip the Kraton/Outcast 4S and move to the more complete ProMT4X4

Last edited:
The servo in the 4s is the same as the the 6s models. While not the greatest, you do not need to spend $40-$50 on a new one. And while the Spektrum is garbage, you don't *have* to spend money on a radio. For the Pro-Line you absolutely need a radio or at the very least a receiver to bind it to what you already have.

As far as need the aluminum yokes, I do not own one so I really can't say. I'll let others who own one debate that issue. I will agree that the Pro-Line is seemingly a better truck, but I think you inflated the cost of the 4s Arrma to make a stronger case.

Yokes melt, bearings eat themselves, and that TURD of a plastic input gear will shred itself. I am keeping mine, but this thing should have been a 6s outcast instead of a 4s money pit. The stock servos are trash we all know that. The proline has issues too like I mentioned so it is not anywhere near perfect. To do it all again I’d not buy either one but I wanted variety in scales. I say go 1/8th

Well I'd like to thank you for bringing these alternative brands to the Arrma Forum and keeping us grounded in the reality that there are better options available to us other than Arrma.

I heard you can get this one in kit form now too. Definitely a contender in this line up. All it needs is everything, but with a starting price of $30 US, it has a lot of room for upgrades.

Well I'd like to thank you for bringing these alternative brands to the Arrma Forum and keeping us grounded in the reality that there are better options available to us other than Arrma.
I own Arrma and others. I guess car magazines shouldn’t test Mustangs vs Camaros huh?. Would you prefer people buy these 4s models and come on here saying how they got ripped off? Didn’t you bad mouth it too? Why not offer an alternative if people like a 3-4s MT?

Wait till I start posting my Losi 1/5th scale gassers. People will really lose their mind because they can’t figure out who I “work” or “spy” for ??????? ❤️
I heard you can get this one in kit form now too. Definitely a contender in this line up. All it needs is everything, but with a starting price of $30 US, it has a lot of room for upgrades.
View attachment 42198

Kraton 1s line?

I own Arrma and others. I guess car magazines shouldn’t test Mustangs vs Camaros huh?. Would you prefer people buy these 4s models and come on here saying how they got ripped off? Didn’t you bad mouth it too? Why not offer an alternative if people like a 3-4s MT?

Wait till I start posting my Losi 1/5th scale gassers. People will really lose their mind because they can’t figure out who I “work” or “spy” for ???????❤
I thanked you for providing a valuable service to the Arrma community. Where in my reply did I say comparisons shouldn't be made? My only critical comment was in my prior response where I said I felt you were over inflated the cost of the 4s truck. I think this is a case of you replying to what you wanted me to say versus what I actually said. ?

I thanked you for providing a valuable service to the Arrma community. Where in my reply did I say comparisons shouldn't be made? My only critical comment was in my prior response where I said I felt you were over inflated the cost of the 4s truck. I think this is a case of you replying to what you wanted me to say versus what I actually said. ?

Well bickety bam if there was no sarcasm in that my apologies.

Wait till I start posting my Losi 1/5th scale gassers. People will really lose their mind because they can’t figure out who I “work” or “spy” for ???????❤

Kraton 1s line?
I was thinking the blx 185 and a 2050 kv motor. Some shocks, tires, a chassis, 3 difs, a new servo, steering rack and a full a-arm suspension, and it would be a real contender. Definitely keep the body and cool looking radio though.

Typhon 6s and a set of proline badlands 2.8 with 17mm hexes.
Waaaay better then the Proline or kraton 4s.
Want it to look like a monster truck? Cheap truck body and body mounts, 50 bucks tops

Agreed. I think that is the way to go for smaller MT but I think the outcast is easier to just add smaller tires if that’s what you want? Unless you want short arms?

Agreed. I think that is the way to go for smaller MT but I think the outcast is easier to just add smaller tires if that’s what you want? Unless you want short arms?

Closer to the Proline was what I was going for, so yeah small arms.

Honestly it's the best option. You get a 1/8 buggy that's also a monster truck when needed.

Parts are everywhere unlike the 4s and proline too.

Well boys and girls so much debate over the new 4s line that I went ahead and not only purchased the Arrma Kraton 4s, but also the proline MT which is designed for 3-6s.

I will add pictures in here soon, but for now let me break it down a little for you and give my opinions.

Kraton 4S

**Pros:** size, electronics if a beginner

**Cons:** price, slipper clutch, sh1tty plastics, weak arms, plastic shocks, PLASTIC diff gears... ?.

Proline Pro MT 4X4

**Pros:**center diff, aluminum bits and parts
from factory, aluminum bodied shocks, light weight, better design

Cost ARTR : is $299.00! $100.00 less than before

**Cons:**weak hinge pin holders (upgrades available) weak servo saber (upgrade avail), size, handling without spacers. Drive cup design.

So how do these stack up? Let’s do a cost comparison.

The proline MT:
$299.00 Kit
$40-50 servo
$120.00 blx 185 combo or free
$20.00 aluminum servo saver
$23.00 bearings sealed
$513.00 bring your own radio
$628.00 with the new HD hinge pin holders for the severe bashers

Arrma Kraton 4S
$399.00 rtr
$23.00 bearings
$70.00 hot racing aluminum yokes
$40-50 servo
$60.00 6s or aluminum shocks
Bring your own REAL radio
$600.00

It’s closer in cost than you may have thought but the proline is miles ahead in quality and durability. That said, a 6s or Tekno would be way more durable, but these smaller trucks have a value to their size and cost effective battery options.

I say skip the Kraton/Outcast 4S and move to the more complete ProMT4X4
6S all the way, skimp and save the extra coin for a 6S anything Arrma. 1/8 scale and never look back.

6S all the way, skimp and save the extra coin for a 6S anything Arrma. 1/8 scale and never look back.

While I completely agree with this. I've been really happy with the 1/10 big rock. It's handled everything I've thrown at it quite well. So maybe skip the 4s line until arrma addresses some of the issues. Just my 2 cents.

Closer to the Proline was what I was going for, so yeah small arms.

Honestly it's the best option. You get a 1/8 buggy that's also a monster truck when needed.

Parts are everywhere unlike the 4s and proline too.
I followed the the 1/10 scale ProMT since its intro. I watched it get revised due to hub heating issues etc. I looked at the manual etc. There has been so much hype and marketing and promos on it, but, I passed on it. Overhype, tends to dissuade me, versus convincing me in a product any product.
A great RC rig tends to sell itself with little marketing intervention. I haven't seen many independent reviews of this PL rig. Early on, most reviews are just unboxing and the ProMT has been given away for these positive demos.
Currently, I just don't see enough support for it. The price has been dropped and I surmise the parts will disappear and something new will replace it. Like PL has done before. Many seem happy with it however. Just not for me. I lean to 1/8 scale MT's.
PL makes great Bodies and Wheels and Tires or at least they have a dominant position in racing their wheels and tires for the most part. I have spent big $$$ in the years past on their stuff as others here have, I am sure.
But when they start producing shocks and some of their other stuff, I think they drop the ball, when considering pricepoint and QC.

Last edited:
I followed the the 1/10 scale ProMT since its intro. I watched it get revised due to hub heating issues etc. I looked at the manual etc. There has been so much hype and marketing and promos on it, but, I passed on it. Overhype, tends to dissuade me, versus convincing me in a product any product.
A great RC rig tends to sell itself with little marketing intervention. I haven't seen many independent reviews of this PL rig. Early on, most reviews are just unboxing and the ProMT has been given away for these positive demos.
Currently, I just don't see enough support for it. The price has been dropped and I surmise the parts will disappear and something new will replace it. Like PL has done before. Many seem happy with it however. Just not for me. I lean to 1/8 scale MT's.
PL makes great Bodies and Wheels and Tires or at least they have a dominant position in racing their wheels and tires for the most part. I have spent big $$$ in the years past on their stuff as others here have, I am sure.
But when they start producing shocks and a some of their other stuff, I think they drop the ball, when considering pricepoint and QC.

You aren’t wrong about most reviews about proline products these days are from you tubers who like getting free stuff

I am not singling out PL by any means . This happens to some extent with most Brands . Even Arrma. And I am even a little jealous of those who have received the "Limitless" well ahead of it's release. LOL. That's my next kit for sure...
But Arrma is a brand that generally sells itself with a great reputation for service and dependability.
I have in the past inquired to several Brands about receiving free RC products for evaluation. And I did not expect any serious responses, but it was an exercise in finding what their criteria was. Without mentioning actual brands here, one of the "big" 3 I queried stated that the review must be approved by them prior to any video release. That there were legal constraints committing to such. That the Brands Name and logo had to appear before during and at the end of the video. They had the right to final editing etc. That they had the right to prevent its release in any form if it was not favorable to them. I thought that was interesting enough. I told them that I will withdraw my request and purchase the product and rather keep the review impartial. I did purchase the rig in question and have been evaluating it. Not a bad product, not the best in its class of RC, but I want my personal observations to prevail in any review. I have noticed that those youtubers who have developed great subscribership and are partial to certain brands generally get approached by those RC brands and are supplied most of the products ultimately. I think that's fair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back