Talion Kraton owner, I've pre-ordered another Kraton, but I can't stop thinking of the Talion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I've got a fairly old v3 Kraton that is getting tired, I've always maintained it so it still goes well, but I'll starting to buy more and more parts for it, so I thought I'd get a second one. I put in a pre order for some stock that it coming in to Australia soon, but I've always liked the Talion. I'm really struggling to know if I should swap my order of the Kraton to a Talion?

Anyone own both, I'd love to hear from you. I mostly bash in wide open dirt tracks, not hitting jumps more than 50 ft usually.

I know this seems like a noob question, but I would love to feel comfortable with my purchase.

My thoughts for the new Kraton were I was going to leave it as stock as I can and try to reduce weight if I can, and only run it on 4s. Where I will have my heavy and well protected old Kraton for heavy bashing on 6s. The Talion would maybe give me some more speed on 4s than a Kraton while being tough enough still for some decent bashing from time to time?

*photo for illustration of my current fleet, they are all nitro cars except for the Kraton.

Thank you for your help.

The videos I see of the Talion jumping it looks very durable. The Kraton has a few wear items but you can replace them far cheaper than buying a new one. Rebuild the 3 diffs at maybe $45, bearings $20 maybe a rod end kit, as long as the suspension mounts and shocks are good that’s about it. Even then you can break a brand new truck just a fast as an old one. I think I’d go for the Talion if I already had a Kraton and spend the $70-100 keeping the old one going.
Great looking collection(y)

The videos I see of the Talion jumping it looks very durable. The Kraton has a few wear items but you can replace them far cheaper than buying a new one. Rebuild the 3 diffs at maybe $45, bearings $20 maybe a rod end kit, as long as the suspension mounts and shocks are good that’s about it. Even then you can break a brand new truck just a fast as an old one. I think I’d go for the Talion if I already had a Kraton and spend the $70-100 keeping the old one going.
Great looking collection(y)
I'll definitely keep the old one going, it is just a bit worn out, parts are expensive in Australia. I just spend more than the cost of a new kit on parts, spares and batteries, just to get my Kraton going again. A new kit is about $550 USD here.

I think your right the Talion might be a better choice?

i think id have to agree with jimbob to replace parts as necessary and buy the talion, that said, i am from the states so its cheap getting parts here, and don't have the struggle of parts shipping.
but, to amend that, i have 2 AE MGT's, and soon to be 2 LST2's, its just nice having a second if one goes down, and thats the type of driving i feel like doing.
side note: beautiful selection of rigs :)

I've got a fairly old v3 Kraton that is getting tired, I've always maintained it so it still goes well, but I'll starting to buy more and more parts for it, so I thought I'd get a second one. I put in a pre order for some stock that it coming in to Australia soon, but I've always liked the Talion. I'm really struggling to know if I should swap my order of the Kraton to a Talion?

Anyone own both, I'd love to hear from you. I mostly bash in wide open dirt tracks, not hitting jumps more than 50 ft usually.

I know this seems like a noob question, but I would love to feel comfortable with my purchase.

My thoughts for the new Kraton were I was going to leave it as stock as I can and try to reduce weight if I can, and only run it on 4s. Where I will have my heavy and well protected old Kraton for heavy bashing on 6s. The Talion would maybe give me some more speed on 4s than a Kraton while being tough enough still for some decent bashing from time to time?

*photo for illustration of my current fleet, they are all nitro cars except for the Kraton.

Thank you for your help.View attachment 31715

Looks like it might not arrive till Monday or Tuesday next week, but that is possibly a good thing. I'll have more spare time to check it over and enjoy that new car feeling, haha. Thanks guys for your help, I think I'll be wrapped with the Talion. Now just to lock my credit card away, no mods, I'm going to leave it stock I swear.

I think you will love the Talion! I had a very hard time choosing between the Kraton and Talion, and I ended up with a Talion.

I plan to turn my Talion into a speed demon! I plan on waiting to see what new models ARRMA comes out with before jumping on a new Kraton.

I think you will love the Talion! I had a very hard time choosing between the Kraton and Talion, and I ended up with a Talion.

I plan to turn my Talion into a speed demon! I plan on waiting to see what new models ARRMA comes out with before jumping on a new Kraton.
It was a hard choice, but I think I'll be glad to have both options, and when the new stuff comes out I'll have something to look forward to also.

I hope there is a new Kraton for you, they are a brilliant car, and surely can only get better.

I like the looks of the Talion, but don't really much difference between it and the Kraton. Fill me in please.

I like the looks of the Talion, but don't really much difference between it and the Kraton. Fill me in please.
Very similar, but the setup of the car is different, aggressive shock angle, definitely less ground clearance. It's all about speed, I know you can make a Kraton very fast, but I think the Talion is lighter to start with and more aerodynamic. I'll report back the findings in a few weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back