Kraton Kraton stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonv54

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a kraton v5 went to go use made it 5 ft and now the esc just blinks red cluelesss anyone knowhow to fix just bought it

Are your batteries charged? Blinking red is low voltage cutoff...
What batteries are you using?

Are your batteries charged? Blinking red is low voltage cutoff...
What batteries are you us

Charge em and test it out again. If the ESC still blinks check to see if your cells are balanced.
And welcome :)

Charge em and test it out again. If the ESC still blinks check to see if your cells are balanced.
And welcome
I'm charging one up now its at 94% all cells 4.12v
And welcome :)
I'm charging one up now at 95% at 4.14v a cell
Also, make sure that your throttle trim is centered on the radio and maybe try to re-bind the radio/receiver
I spent 4 hours last night trying to bind it nothing worled
I just bought it too

Last edited:
I'm charging one up now its at 94% all cells 4.12v

I'm charging one up now at 95% at 4.14v a cell

I spent 4 hours last night trying to bind it nothing worled
I just bought it too

Disconnect, inspect, and reconnect your motor leads. Make sure they are clean and not corroded and with no nicks in the wire or loose joints.

Calibrate your ESC for throttle position. Make sure your throttle is set at zero trim and 100% on your transmitter before you go through the calibration process. If anything has changed or the motor wires have been disconnected it will flash red continuously until you do a calibration.

Set your steering end points while you are at it.

If that doesn’t fix it you should reset the ESC. Where did you buy it?

I did that last night nothing happened I wiggle the 2 wires inside though and my servo goes crazy. I'm about to say forget this and just take the 600 loss

Is not a 600 dollar loss.. Just need to find the culprit. You sure you unplugged the servo wire only?

Idk I think I fried the esc I can't remember if the fan worked on it or not but it doesn't work now

The throttle and steering are both plugged in to reciever box
I'm gonna try and post video
Yeah idk doesn't let me put video but when I power on it flashes green bunch of times then stop on red flashes never ending

The throttle and steering are both plugged in to reciever box
I'm gonna try and post video
Yeah idk doesn't let me put video but when I power on it flashes green bunch of times then stop on red flashes never ending

If that is a local hobby shop, just go back to them and have them sort it out. Or exchange it for a working one. You can also call or contact Horizon Hobby support and they will sort you out. There is no way this is a loss for you. Sorry it's been a problem.

Did you try the calibration process? I don't have one of the spektrums but here is the stuff you need: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMXSE1150

It's worth trying this process.

ESC and Transmitter Calibration
1. Begin with the transmitter and receiver binding complete.
2. Set your transmitter’s throttle channel to 100% travel and
trim to neutral.
3. Turn on your transmitter and connect a battery to the ESC but
don’t power it on.
4. Press and hold the Set button while turning on the ESC.
When the red LED begins to flash, release the Set button.
The ESC will enter programming mode if the button is
pressed for more than three seconds.
TIP: The red LED should be flashing when the ESC enters
calibration mode. If the green LED is flashing the ESC is in
programming mode.
75. Leave the throttle trigger at the neutral position, then press
and release the Set button. The red LED will stop flashing, the
green LED will flash one time and the motor will make a tone
to indicate the neutral position has been accepted.
6. Hold the throttle trigger at the full throttle position then
press and release the Set button. The green LED will flash
twice and the motor will make two tones to indicate the full
throttle position has been accepted.
7. Hold the throttle trigger at the full brake position then press
and release the Set button. The green LED will flash three
times and the motor will make three tones to indicate the
full brake position has been accepted.
The motor will operate normally after calibration is completed.

Damn! You just bought and drove 5 feet? SMH! I just bought mine a month ago...been too busy upgrading parts but haven't ran it yet. I better check to see if mine works.

Weirdly, the exact same thing happened to my Kraton the other day. Turns on and then the ESC light just flashes RED.

This light can either mean low voltage OR no transmitter connected.

Batteries were fine so I opened up the receiver box, and there's no light on the Receiver!! Pressing the button does nothing so I removed the Kraton receiver and tried it in my Notorious and the exact same thing happens, put the notorious reciever back in and it was all good again so 99% the receiver fried itself.

Is there an Orange light on the receiver itself when it turns on? Try pushing the little flat button on the receiver 3 times quickly, you should get a flashing light.

Ordered a new SR315 receiver which is due to arrive in the next few days so hopefully that'll get it back up and running.

Last edited:
Is there an Orange light on the receiver itself when it turns on? Try pushing the little flat button on the receiver 3 times quickly, you should get a flashing light.

Ordered a new SR315 receiver which is due to arrive in the next few days so hopefully that'll get it back up and running.

On the SRX15 receivers, the orange LED should be solid/on when the receiver is on AND when the transmitter that it is bound to is also on. Just applying power to the receiver won't illuminate the LED. The LED should blink rapidly when the receiver is in bind mode (turn on the power while holding down the bind button)

Damn! You just bought and drove 5 feet? SMH! I just bought mine a month ago...been too busy upgrading parts but haven't ran it yet. I better check to see if mine works.
So I brought to my hobby shop the fiddlesticking esc speed controller and transmitter were fried

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back