Kraton Kraton tire went poof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shredded a pair of stock Kraton tires, emailed ARRMA, and they're sending me a new pair for free.

Also had to send back my motor, ESC, servo and wing mount.

Yeah my wing mount is bent but i bought rpm and the nice red aluminum buttons and wing supports along with 90mm tekno orange springs for all 4 corners. Also broke nero shock rod ball end and 2 pushrod ball ends. I ordered them already beacuse of the experiance i had yesterday... i just emailed them again and shrunk all pics down so hopefully i get a response soon. Very diaspointed with my interaction yesterday...

A little wider. Here's the Nero Tire, stock 2016 Kraton tire, and Proline Shockwave (in that order). Bear in mind the Kraton tire doesn't have any weight on it, but it's a very very marginal difference anyway.

Sorry the Kraton tire is backwards...

20160722_202323.jpg
20160722_202400.jpg
20160722_202409.jpg
my Nero stock DBoots ripped so I got the proline super swampers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 46
my Nero stock DBoots ripped so I got the proline super swampers.
I have those and boy do they balloon. Haha. I think they're gonna be my winter tire and/or slow bashing.

Let me know what you think of them.

Arrma finally got back to me they sending me a new set when they are in stock. Ive been running the dboots on kraton but going back to badlands soon because nero should be operational again tomorrow... kraton diff parts should be in the mail todaywhen i get home i went to a 16 tooth pinion to make up for size diffrence between stock kraton and badlands tires. Cant wait to get them both going again. Nero has been waiting for rod ends for a few weeks now due to my own mistake in ordering.

Love the way they look - hate the front wheels turning into pizza pies. got them saturday morning and tried em on - they both ripped in the front. Tire glued em both - seem to be ok on yesterdays run but now MUST install my higher torque servo to deal with the added mass.

Hello friends, colleagues, I ask you to help me with the selection wheel on the KRATON ??
Below are links that it would be best to craton ??? , I can not be determined
1) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVDW&P=ML
2) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDVDS&P=ML
3) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVDY&P=ML
I have proline badlands on my kraton, they are awesome, trenchers baloon alot i have them also, big joes a feiend has and also baloon alot. It realy depends on whay you do and if your running 4s or 6s. I geared up to a 16 with the badlands and gos at 61mph i have droped to a 15 and think thats a good gearing its still fast as hell o have not done any more speed runs but will soon. Always check wheels for spots coming unglued and if you stay on top of it you will jave no issues.

Attachments

• 20160706_160119.jpg
    20160706_160119.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 52
So tired of tires. But I love em. Nero tires got a hole and I noticed at my hobby shop so I went for super swampers. Looked great. Took em out - they turned into pizza pies quick. Five minutes later both ripped open. So I glued them back and watched them rip again. I bought two more as only the fronts ripped. This time, I duck taped the foam before I glued..... Lasted about ten minutes and ripped open again. So I tried a set of Avalanche Tires and they were stable but horrible traction. I decided to go smaller and got a set of proline shockwaves / smaller and proline says no ballooning. Will try them today. For the Kraton Back to bigness. I ordered ProLine Big Joe IIs which I will save for the snow. Because of all these tires - every new set I get - I glue the inside and outside rim. So sick of all these tires but this is the life we lead boys.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 53
So tired of tires. But I love em. Nero tires got a hole and I noticed at my hobby shop so I went for super swampers. Looked great. Took em out - they turned into pizza pies quick. Five minutes later both ripped open. So I glued them back and watched them rip again. I bought two more as only the fronts ripped. This time, I duck taped the foam before I glued..... Lasted about ten minutes and ripped open again. So I tried a set of Avalanche Tires and they were stable but horrible traction. I decided to go smaller and got a set of proline shockwaves / smaller and proline says no ballooning. Will try them today. For the Kraton Back to bigness. I ordered ProLine Big Joe IIs which I will save for the snow. Because of all these tires - every new set I get - I glue the inside and outside rim. So sick of all these tires but this is the life we lead boys.
My proline badlands are awesome, barley baloon only had to glue one spot. Your useing tires that are not made to go 50 or 60 mph... of you wanna stop blowing them up go 4s, also have you added any oil to the diffs? This is a huge help in keeping traction on ground, i run 100k rear 100k venter and 50k front. Big soft wide tires are not meant to go as fast as kraton is... they more for crawling and slower vehicles. Buy right tires and yoy wont have issues... i blew a stock tire and they are sending me a set some day when they are off back order... it blew beacuse it came unglued... i usyually check beads after every run or 2 now... my nero tires hadone come unglued i reglued it and check every coue runs and apply more when nessisary.... no problems i even ran nero tires on kraton for awhile.

Oh one more thing you don't tape the foams... you tape inside of tire... foam has little to do with big soft tires balooning....

I dig it Josh - The no direction on the treads of the super swampers should've let me know.... I just learn as I go.... Sorry - I DID tape the tires - turned em inside out and rolled em. they held for a few minutes and that was it. I even used braided fishing line on the outside - in between treads...

I dig it Josh - The no direction on the treads of the super swampers should've let me know.... I just learn as I go.... Sorry - I DID tape the tires - turned em inside out and rolled em. they held for a few minutes and that was it. I even used braided fishing line on the outside - in between treads...
Wow get some oil im the diffs... i really like the badlands, i have them on my kraton, halix and monster slash.... slash is almost ready for some test runs. But the badlands are sweet... i was dead even with my buddys 1500 dollar erevo with stock gearing and badlands now i will completely smoke him no doubt. I used gorilla tape on my trenxchers for stampede worked great but they were super outa balance so i took them off one ripped i have a box of tires and wheels that are all stripped hexes from my stamppy... now a slash almost... lol. My nero i run stock tires on it... i like them and i break to many parts to justify spending 80 or 100 on tires it sits on mt bench in pieces mostly...

Ripped the front stock Dboots today. Maybe the shockwaves tomorrow. Going to the beach Saturday and theres a huge parking lot under construction and we can race RCs Gonna be a blast all day. Kraton comes Tuesday boss. Cannot wait. I remember back in like march / I saw the Kraton and freaked because I had already ordered the Trmt8e like a fool. Back then I didn't know the difference between 2s&3s at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back