Kraton Kraton Vs E-Revo Brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HabibiJr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can recommend which vehicle to get, the Arrma Kraton or the Traxxas E-Revo Brushless.

traxxas parts availability is probably better then arrma at the moment, but i would recommend the kraton over the revo. cheaper, stronger. IMO

I just got into the Hobby last year. I started with Traxxas and then moved to Arrma. You will see a big step up in quality of parts and reliabilty with Arrma vehicles its step up or two up from Traxxas Vehicles.

I had a e revo brushless and I also have a talion. The e revo is a good truck and very versatile, but i did not dare run it on 6s i was afraid i would blow the diffs out. On 4s it was bullet proof. At first I broke the E revo less than I broke my Talion. I bent my rear shock tower on the Talion on my first front flip, and I also destroyed the 15 tooth pinon gear that came with it. I replaced those, and it has been rock solid and finally got to run 6s. Now the Talion takes some major punishment and comes back for more. Now I can do backflips and do a bunch of crazy stupid stuff without breaking. The only other time I broke it is when I jump it into unmovable objects. The e revo is not worth the money traxxas is asking for. The arrma kraton is a bargain by comparison. I would never pick a e revo over the kraton/talion, even if money is not an issue, and I love my e revo.

I did miss being able to just go to my local hobby shop to buy parts that wore out vs having to order online for the talion. With Arrma, you have to plan your replacement parts in advance.

Thank you, so I am going to get the Kraton should I go for 4s or 6s?

With the arrma vehicles you don't have to worry about 4s or 6s. Some people would shim the diffs for good measure, but it should still last pretty long box stock. You only have to worry about motor temperatures if you run 6s. On the e Revo you can't run the speed gearing on 6s because you might burn up the esc or motor. So if you run 4s with the 6s gearing, it would only do 30mph. You can run the 60mph gearing on 6s and on 4s you will still be going around 40mph which is still plenty fast. Just not enough torque to do back flips on the air.

If you are getting a v3 most of the weaknesses have been sorted out such as the flimsy steering servo mount, and giving you 4mm shock shafts with the proper spring length. I would just drive it, maybe change out the center diff oil to a heavier oil so you can control it better in the air. I went 30k on my talion up from 10k. I felt my turning radius get a lot bigger when I went heavier oil, but the trade off was worth it to me. Some people run 100k in the center and felt no downsides.

What about batteries, are SMC and Turnigy graphene/heavy duty batteries good?

What about batteries, are SMC and Turnigy graphene/heavy duty batteries good?
I've got SMC batteries, only one session with them so far in my Outcast. Very pleased with them.

Not sure I buy into the 90C constant, or my math is off. But the claimed amp draw is pretty close to what my ESR meter was reading.
The 3S 7200 packs claim 131 amps- Wayne Giles ESR meter gave me 122.2 amps per cell.
The 2S 7200 packs claim 131 amps- Wayne Giles ESR meter gave me 119.6 amps per cell.

A few amps off, but respectably close to their claims imo. Granted this was off of the very first charge I put into these packs, so they might be the best they'll ever be as a fresh battery. I'm documenting everything the best I can for future reference.

I own both, Kraton hands down. The Erevo breaks everytime i take it out. Usually cant even get a full pack through it. Kraton is just built much better. The Erevo drives really nice, but its just not built as tough as the Kraton. Get the Kraton, you wont regret it.

Qjd48IL.jpg

vPIHkNn.jpg

Kraton V3 over a Traxxas E-Revo all day any day. Traxxas sucks for worrying about Arrma using inboard shocks also. Like they invented the inboard shock.

Last edited:
Not to knock the OP, but I thought this was a joke.

For real bro, Arrma has really done something special with the Kraton Platform. There are things that need/should be done to it, but a little reading here, and you'll find most of it. I say shim the diffs, and get aluminum chassis braces first. Also get some good Hex drivers.

Traxxas = money pit. They have a weak af drivetrain.
Traxxas has made themselves the ass hats of the RC world with their lawsuits.
I would steer clear of Traxxas if I were you. They are ran by two things... A marketing department and lawyer's. Neither makes for a good RC product.

Thank you everyone, I think that’s all I needed to know, I decided to get the Kraton.
If you haven't purchased one yet there is a guy in the classified thread who has a fully upgraded kraton for $550. I know that's more than new but guy has a lot of time and mods already done. Well worth the money.

I just got into the Hobby last year. I started with Traxxas and then moved to Arrma. You will see a big step up in quality of parts and reliabilty with Arrma vehicles its step up or two up from Traxxas Vehicles.
Nice learning curve you have. Took me a lot longer but I too ended up with a KRATON. Working through minor issues but love the rig.

Yea I really like Arrma. I have the Typhon, Fazon and 2018 Senton should be arriving today.
I think Talion will be my next one since the kraton and it share most parts. I ran T.A. , HPI,TRAXXAS. Arrma is pretty awesome straight out the box. At least we know what's up and where to spend save and play with the big dawgs for less. Arrma RULES

I think Talion will be my next one since the kraton and it share most parts. I ran T.A. , HPI,TRAXXAS. Arrma is pretty awesome straight out the box. At least we know what's up and where to spend save and play with the big dawgs for less. Arrma RULES
That is funny. I plan on getting myself the Talion 2018 as well for Christmas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back