Kraton Last ditch effort to stay in hobby--recommend me a rig!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why the 3s line didn't come with aluminum chassis..would have been nice out of the box in my opinion.
There are other brands that make cheaper RC's that come with aluminum chassis.i see them on a lot of buggy's..🤷.I suppose arrma took the cheap route
It's that simple and obvious. Plastic is cheap. Drivetrain parts and all. People are getting stuck on all the 4x4 line models , like the 6s line never even existed. Then asking why this and that is all plastic. Add to that all the money grab $Upgrades$ available for a 4x4.. might as well go 6s line at that point.
Just enjoy your 4x4 for what it is. The hobby industry depends on you $spending$ to fix RC's, modding them to be stronger. Many cases just going backwards for the sake of Bling. Need to be smart about it.
Don't try to make it into what it is not or was ever meant to be.
If you already have that one 4x4, its a great learning platform. (y)
Don't keep putting all your apples into it. And many get all into the 4x4 comfort zone. Get out of it. Move on.
>>>Your very Next one should be a 6s model is all I am saying. Arrma's flagship platform. What put Arrma on the map.
Don't be afraid. They don't bite.:LOL:

Edited.

Last edited:
It's that simple and obvious. Plastic is cheap. Drivetrain parts and all. People are getting stuck on all the 4x4 line models , like the 6s line never even existed. Then asking why this and that is all plastic. Add to that all the money grab $Upgrades$ available for a 4x4.. might as well go 6s line at that point.
Just enjoy your 4x4 for what it is. The hobby industry depends on you $spending$ to fix RC's, modding them to be stronger. Many cases just going backwards for the sake of Bling. Need to be smart about it.
Don't try to make it into what it is not or was ever meant to be.
If you already have that one 4x4, its a great learning platform. (y)
Don't keep putting all your apples into it. And many get all into the 4x4 comfort zone. Get out of it. Move on.
>>>Your very Next one should be a 6s model is all I am saying. Arrma's flagship platform. What put Arrma on the map.
Don't be afraid. They don't bite.:LOL:

Edited.
Well I did get a kraton 6s two weeks ago and I love it.😀👍as for my Big Rock ,I only enjoyed it being stock for a few weeks before I turned it into a strictly street machine.payed just about 400 new then dumped another 500 just in upgrades to make it what it should have been from the start.my kraton cost me just a little over 300 which had 10 minutes of runtime on it .so it' was to me new.and it's built like a beast .I love it.but if I had to choose between them both I'd have to go with my Big Papa long Rock.sorry .I put to much sweat into it and it's just a different beast on its own.

^^^ The RC you put all the effort and $$$ into, especially your first one, usually is that way.
Your are still new to the K6s. It will grow on you very quick. Need much wheel time with it yet. And you will feel very connected with it.
And your wallet will be happier IMHO.
Keep it simple.
All you need is a Good EXB basher bumper, A better servo, and Fr and Rr Alloy braces.
Skip all the other bling stuff for now at least. Just drive it. Keep it light as possible, and it will remain most durable. Maybe 3dRC wing mounts are in order once you start breaking them from driver error. Just Replace with the cheaper stock plastic parts when needed.
I don't believe in slamming my rigs with the many $upgrades$ just because my driving sucks. Yet the RC industry will have you thinking otherwise. And only because the next guy did it.

Last edited:
^^^ The RC you put all the effort and $$$ into, especially your first one, usually is that way.
Your are still new to the K6s. It will grow on you very quick. Need much wheel time with it yet. And you will feel very connected with it.
And your wallet will be happier IMHO.
Keep it simple.
All you need is a Good EXB basher bumper, A better servo, and Fr and Rr Alloy braces.
Skip all the other bling stuff for now at least. Just drive it. Keep it light as possible, and it will remain most durable. Maybe 3dRC wing mounts are in order once you start breaking them from driver error. Just Replace with the cheaper stock plastic parts when needed.
I don't believe in slamming my rigs with the many $upgrades$ just because my driving sucks. Yet the RC industry will have you thinking otherwise. And only because the next guy did it.
So far the only upgrade I've done was a savox servo which cost me 107 and a hot racing servo mount.and I'm sure I won't break anything because of my driving style.. grass feilds only .no jumps😀👍

^^^
We drive similarly.;)

They're meant to flyyyyyy🤣

20230626_173624.jpg

The Arrma 6s line is really the sweet spot. The mainstream mature and well supported platform. It's why Arrma created the 6s smaller versions with many SAME bodies and names for the 4x4 line. The 6s line came first. What put Arrma on the map. The 4x4 line and 8s line... well they are in different leagues. Diff strokes for different folks no doubt.(y)
I hate that dam 4x4 Power module design and Slipper clutch. The weak points IMHO. It needs a center diff. And the Steering setup is so cheapish. SS and Plastic end balls etc.. Rather spendy to correct and "fix" right out the box. Easily brings you into 6s $territory$. Which only needs alloy braces and a bumper out the box. Run any 6s rig even on 4s, keep it in fairly stock trim and you have one durable platform. The 4x4 line was meant as a beginners stepping stone to the 6s line. Yet many stay all into the 4x4 line.:unsure:
Will never own a 4x4 for those reasons alone. When Arrm revamps that platform, I may jump aboard. If we stopped buying the 4x4 line then maybe Arrma would revamp it much better, And would compete against Trx better. Not until then.
The 4x4 BRCC Body appeals to me very much. It looks tough.
Yes these are just toys.:giggle:

Edited
Aren't all of the recent arrma vehicles all 4x4🤔 .the 3s line and 4s line all have the motor module and slipper set up that you mentioned.. anything above the 4s set up has the center diff I know that much but as for the 4x4 I believe they all are .3s line and 4s line have front diffs and rear diffs.4 axles..everything above 4s has dog bone drives instead of the plastic drives.unless your meaning 4x4 something else .🤷 I mean arrma does not make any more rc with just rear drive or just front correct.so this would make them all 4x4 correct?😀

I refer to the Arrma 4x4 line up as the Mega's, 3s and 4s models. The 2WD Boost Version is just a 4x4 platform minus the Front diff and axel and center driveshaft Assy. All having plastic tub chassis'. How Arrma defines them I guess.
The 6s line are also 4WD by design, but based off a traditional mainstream Buggy/Truggy alloy chassis design. A proven design that has been around in RC for decades. With No slipper. Just a center diff. The 1/7 Limitless gets a center locked spool, but essentially the same as all the 6s models.

Arrma is considered a very young RC brand. One that made a big splash. In 2009 when owned by Hobbico. Hobbico went belly up eventully. And HH saved the brand as well as the Axial brand.
Prior to 2009, Axial and Arrma were originally designed by Dragon RC, a Chinese RC company, and Hobbico decided to buy the design from them, while Dragon RC just built them for Hobbico. Hobbico created all the names of these brands and all the models. And marketted them. What we call them today.

Last edited:
^^^
We drive similarly.;)
Yes we do .I suppose we drive them correctly and we enjoy driving them more than fixing 😂.I rather maintain and upgrade than fix..and we don't abuse our rigs and then come back on here and ask why did this break lol..many say that if your not breaking parts then we are not using our rigs right..that's a whole lot of crap lol.i use all my rigs and pretty frequently.but I don't abuse my rigs like most on here do.🤷I haven't broken anything on any of my RC trucks , cars ,or even my boats ,or even my drones in the last few years..I laugh at times when I hear people say oh I just did a 100ft jump why did my did my chassis snap in half or why did my control arms break lol.
I refer to the Arrma 4x4 line up as the Mega's, 3s and 4s models. The 2WD Boost Version is just a 4x4 platform minus the Front diff and axel and center driveshaft Assy. All having plastic tub chassis'. How Arrma defines them I guess.
The 6s line are also 4WD by design, but based off a traditional Buggy/Truggy alloy chassis design. With No slipper. Just a center diff. The 1/7 Limitless gets a center locked spool, but essentially the same as all the 6s models.
That's what I figured you meant..👍
I don't know when arrma came out with the megas but did they make them because brushless motors were not out yet ? Or did they make them for kids or for new comers to the hobby? Or just to make them as a low budget rc? I mean a new comer can enjoy a 3s rig and just run 2s and decrease the throttle response.why make a mega beats the fk outa me lol.

Last edited:
Yes we do .I suppose we drive them correctly and we enjoy driving them more than fixing 😂.I rather maintain and upgrade than fix..and we don't abuse our rigs and then come back on here and ask why did this break lol..many say that if your not breaking parts then we are not using our rigs right..that's a whole lot of crap lol.i use all my rigs and pretty frequently.but I don't abuse my rigs like most on here do.🤷I haven't broken anything on any of my RC trucks , cars ,or even my boats ,or even my drones in the last few years..I laugh at times when I hear people say oh I just did a 100ft jump why did my did my chassis snap in half or why did my control arms break lol.

That's what I figured you meant..👍
I don't know when arrma came out with the megas but did they make them because brushless motors were not out yet ? Or did they make them for kids or for new comers to the hobby? Or just to make them as a low budget rc? I mean a new comer can enjoy a 3s rig and just run 2s and decrease the throttle response.why make a mega beats the fk outa me lol.
No, They made the Bushed Mega line for a certain price point and market. To gather interest in the Arrma brand.
Yea, "Break, Fix Repeat$ is just a marketting thing. So is "Just Send It". Then you $spend$ it.:LOL: And like Always "Support Your LHS". All Industry marketting slogans., Pushed hard when RC took a big hit in the early 2000's.
So when you keep breaking parts, you don't feel so bad when you have to spend more money. Somehow making it the norm to break stuff. I get that these are hobby grade, meant to wrench on. But honestly, we all drive differently and are not Track pros. And some of us just drive like crap. Break more. Also Spending way more. Keep supporting the RC industry with buying many upgrades that are not really doing anything except for moral support and an empty wallet. And the Bling bragging rights along with that empty wallet.
I get flamed for saying that. I don't care.:rolleyes:

There are some good videos in regards to the Many Lies of this RC hobby. Both Surface and Air RC.

Last edited:
They're meant to flyyyyyy🤣

View attachment 311125
It's a bird 🤔 it's a plane 🤔 nope it's a BIG ROCK 🤣
I'll let you guys do all the high flying jumping , crashing, smashing , reckless bashing while I sit back and wait for you all to get on here to tell us your injury reports🤣🤣.I'll keep my rigs on the ground where mine belong 😀👍
No, They made the Bushed Mega line for a certain price point and market. To gather interest in the Arrma brand.
Yea, "Break, Fix Repeat$ is just a marketting thing. So is "Just Send It". Then you $spend$ it.:LOL: And like Always "Support Your LHS". All Industry marketting slogans., Pushed hard when RC took a big hit in the early 2000's.
So when you keep breaking parts, you don't feel so bad when you have to spend more money. Somehow making it the norm to break stuff. I get that these are hobby grade, meant to wrench on. But honestly, we all drive differently and are not Track pros. And some of us just drive like crap. Break more. Also Spending way more. Keep supporting the RC industry with buying many upgrades that are not really doing anything except for moral support and an empty wallet. And the Bling bragging rights along with that empty wallet.
I get flamed for saying that. I don't care.:rolleyes:

There are some good videos in regards to the Many Lies of this RC hobby. Both Surface and Air RC.
I absolutely agree 💯 percent 👍.your definitely not wrong about any of that..and if anyone disagrees id love to hear there load of crap lol😆

Last edited:
I only Jump my 6s Kraton and occasionally my FT. But I am only talking some 5- 10 footers off a Tall Pitchers Mound, if that. I like playing with some Rotational AIr control. (y) It keeps you sharp on the radio.

It's a bird 🤔 it's a plane 🤔 nope it's a BIG ROCK 🤣
I'll let you guys do all the high flying jumping , crashing, smashing , reckless bashing while I sit back and wait for you all to get on here to tell us your injury reports🤣🤣.I'll keep my rigs on the ground where mine belong 😀👍

Won't happen from me 😁

@SrC, I did take your advice on getting a fan mount to ditch the heat sink on this truck. 13 bucks, powerhobbies. I'll let you know how it goes.

The 6s line are also 4WD by design, but based off a traditional mainstream Buggy/Truggy alloy chassis design. A proven design that has been around in RC for decades. With No slipper. Just a center diff. The 1/7 Limitless gets a center locked spool, but essentially the same as all the 6s models.

Arrma is considered a very young RC brand. One that made a big splash. In 2009 when owned by Hobbico. Hobbico went belly up eventully. And HH saved the brand as well as the Axial brand.
Prior to 2009, Axial and Arrma were originally designed by Dragon RC, a Chinese RC company, and Hobbico decided to buy the design from them, while Dragon RC just built them for Hobbico. Hobbico created all the names of these brands and all the models. And marketted them. What we call them today.
I thought it was Dragon Star Rc?

Get ready to be deeply disappointed......

View attachment 311147

Someone save me and sell my a Typhon 6s roller! Please 🙏🥺😅

I'll see myself out now........
Basically a Rlaarlo Am-x12, badass little ripper on 3S. ~60mph out the box. The kids put it through hell and it’s needed absolutely nothing

245B45A5-820B-4F06-9D14-8A4574707ABC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back