Outcast Let's talk about slipper clutch - steel pads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you have your set with no issues? Before I broke my brass insert thing it would come loose every run. Once my new plate comes I want to set mine like yours lol

How do you have your set with no issues? Before I broke my brass insert thing it would come loose every run. Once my new plate comes I want to set mine like yours lol

Threadlock dude you overtightened the slipper and snapped the front hub right off like i did on a brand new slipperclutch. You need to blue or red threadlock the slipper screw specially on the 4s clutches

I personally set mine looser then that, when the tires start to skid this what I would consider locked.

I set mine by going back half a turn from locked, then I hold the car from the front so the rears are facing to the floor, I lift the car a bit, give throttle and jam the rear back to the floor. My target is to find the tightness so it slips and the motor doesn't cog to stop. I go tighter and tighter until the motor cogs and then go back a bit.

I personally set mine looser then that, when the tires start to skid this what I would consider locked.

I set mine by going back half a turn from locked, then I hold the car from the front so the rears are facing to the floor, I lift the car a bit, give throttle and jam the rear back to the floor. My target is to find the tightness so it slips and the motor doesn't cog to stop. I go tighter and tighter until the motor cogs and then go back a bit.
Would you mind making a video so I can see this?

The slipper and plastic chassis is why I bought a Pro-line Pro-MT 4x4. I'm hoping to make it a better version of Outcast 4s. Same wheelbase length, not as wide, but I'm compensating width with hex extension and offset rims. I'm pretty close right now, just put on Badlands 3.8 tires/wheels and going to try it out. With only MX2.8 stock tires it's more like a crazy Granite, not big enough for the Outcast experience.

Would you mind making a video so I can see this?
Here's an incoherent and hopefully understandable video of me trying to show how I setup my slipper, which in my case is about 2 turns from lock.
I'm not a native english speaker, so please excuse my accent.

One thing I forgot to say, is to remember how many turns from lock you set it, so if you'll find it get loose you can take the slipper screw out, put some loctite on it and put it back on the same location. (or use @jondilly1974 method of applying the loctite from the back end, which I admittedly didn't try)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back