Limitless - 130 MPH goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Greetings Arrma!

I am new to the hobby but I have no turning back. So far I have bought the granite and the infraction but now I want more and more speed.
I will be buying the limitless in a few days. I need your recommendation on what to put I
In the thing to achieve my 130 MPH goal.
Help!

Hey!

Ive finally hit an obstacle that really has my head in shambles and that is regarding setting up this ESC.

I first bound the transmitter and receiver and did that caliberation, seemed fine there.
Then tried to calibrate the esc.
1. It doesn’t do that count of the lipo cells on startup.
2. it does have throttle and steering but for whatever reason it won’t go into calibration mode when I try to with the steps outlined by Castle.

Im sure I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure what it is.

please help.

Hey!

Ive finally hit an obstacle that really has my head in shambles and that is regarding setting up this ESC.

I first bound the transmitter and receiver and did that caliberation, seemed fine there.
Then tried to calibrate the esc.
1. It doesn’t do that count of the lipo cells on startup.
2. it does have throttle and steering but for whatever reason it won’t go into calibration mode when I try to with the steps outlined by Castle.

Im sure I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure what it is.

please help.
Do you have lipo cut off disabled? It only does the cell count if you have it enabled.

Sounds fishy. I would try another radio setup if possible to just rule that out.
I also notice a lot more power in reverse than forward
I am using DX5C by spektrum for now with a spektrum receiver, shouldn’t those work though?

I am using DX5C by spektrum for now with a spektrum receiver, shouldn’t those work though?
You need to reverse the motor direction in the ESC and the radio. Then calibrate the ESC again.

Does anyone know the step-by-step directions for restoring the ESC to default settings?

Does anyone know the step-by-step directions for restoring the ESC to default settings?
Got it. Had to run through programming on the transmitter cuz I don’t have castle link yet.

The Limitless body is pretty low in the middle/rear section. I suspect that ESC mount will not work.

8s + Tight fitting body + Large electronics = creative thinking required.

Maybe this image can give you some ideas? You will likely have to test it out and see what works. As a side note I have heard of people moving the steering servo and that related steering post to the other side. Maybe in front of the motor would give you the most space and keep more real estate for batteries also. I assume behind the motor gets too close to the tire, but maybe not?

View attachment 154949
What size batteries are those?

What size batteries are those?

Not sure to be honest. I clipped that image off an YouTube video.
My recommendation would be to get the specs from a battery you are looking at and re-create that shape in cardboard. Then see how it looks in the car and confirm if it will work.

Hey guys!
It’s been a little while but I have an update...
I finally took this car out for the first test and shakedown. IT WAS PERFECT!
I took it to a local parking lot just to see if it runs and to mess with the programming and trim features. I was honestly impressed, it runs super straight and it’s just itching to go.
Pity I didn’t have any video recording system setup but I will see about that when I get around to attempting actual speed runs.
I still plan to do a lot more to this such as a better spoiler and body lock skirts. Eventually everything will probably be upgraded.
You could say I built and disassembled this car 2-3 times to get to here, each time eliminating and adjusting things that never came up until they came up like wire lengths, battery fitment etc.
I learned quite a lot so far.
6E7266F9-07C5-4E47-98CC-1C82BA951503.jpeg

😈 Just waiting on minor cosmetic parts to wrap up that limitless.

In the mean time, why not put all the infraction electronics into the granite and make another super RC with the infraction???

80D4CE8A-F632-46DE-918C-CC1BAB0A7C2D.jpeg

Granted I already did some 4s stuff to that granite but now I’ll take that out and put in the infraction system with some smaller speed run wheels. It will do what it will do.

As for the infraction, I’m thinking MMX 8s with 1717 1650.

Granted I already did some 4s stuff to that granite but now I’ll take that out and put in the infraction system with some smaller speed run wheels. It will do what it will do.

As for the infraction, I’m thinking MMX 8s with 1717 1650.
I would highly recommend the XLX2 instead. Way more capable and reliable. I would also steer away from the 1717 as they haven’t been very reliable either. I would go TP 40xx 2250kv or 56xx under 2000kv. Make sure they are a Y wind, not D wind.

I just realized I have a 25t aluminum horn on a 23t servo spline. Do I leave it or replace it? I’m concerned the damaged is done given its metal on metal...

Please speak on this...

im curious how you got it to go on. i wouldnt trust it. hopefully the splines in arm gave and not the servo splines. if it jumps the splines at 100 mph its not gonna be a happy ending. you have too much to lose to not make it right.

Back