Limitless Limitless crashed by a girl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second thing most people ask when seeing a hobby-grade RC for the first time is, "Can I drive it?" First thing is, of course, "How fast does it go?" But that's another thread.

I ask them to produce their RC Driver License. Don't have one? Sorry, no drivey. Frequently they ask to see mine. So yeah, I've got one-certified to my personal best speed by my back-yard sanctioning body.

Generally, I cringe anytime a friend or stranger approaches me and the car. I know what's coming and it puts me in an awkward spot having to tell people no. Unless, of course, they are experienced RC'ers.

Hopefully this thread can come up with a workable solution on how to handle this.

Second thing most people ask when seeing a hobby-grade RC for the first time is, "Can I drive it?" First thing is, of course, "How fast does it go?" But that's another thread.

I ask them to produce their RC Driver License. Don't have one? Sorry, no drivey. Frequently they ask to see mine. So yeah, I've got one-certified to my personal best speed by my back-yard sanctioning body.

Generally, I cringe anytime a friend or stranger approaches me and the car. I know what's coming and it puts me in an awkward spot having to tell people no. Unless, of course, they are experienced RC'ers.

Hopefully this thread can come up with a workable solution on how to handle this.

Time to create an Official AF sanctioned RC Driver License.
Hold my Beer..

Probably need an official Wax Embosser stamper too while I'm at it..
Something like this >>
1690839657609.png

Last edited:
Hold my Beer..
Create like a 20 question quiz on docs, like a real drivers permit test?

In your case, at least it doesn't sound like too expensive of a lesson, but take it as a lesson none-the-less! The servo issue someone mentioned could be it, the bad range could be a red herring pointing to something else. Kind of hard to diagnose, you could disconnect the servo, put the car down, walk away from it, gradually giving it a blip of throttle every 10 feet or so to check if you're still in range, and see if that was it. Otherwise for good measure throw some new batteries in the transmitter, that should be your first step.
I plan on doing that tomorrow.

Hold my Beer..

Tried that back '08 when RC drag racing. Nearly got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. Had a ten question test part of the driver certification too. Predictably, neither gained traction and forever became a tainted part of my "legacy". Never to live that one down.

Good luck. But, yeah, I'll hold your beer anyway. Cheers. 'AC'

Tried that back '08 when RC drag racing. Nearly got tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. Had a ten question test part of the driver certification too. Predictably, neither gained traction and forever became a tainted part of my "legacy". Never to live that one down.

Good luck. But, yeah, I'll hold your beer anyway. Cheers. 'AC'

GIF by Ghostbusters

Gatekeeper? Heck no. But I do look after my equipment and am selective about who drives it when and where.

RC driver license for me is a personal visual check on what my limits are. Keeps ME from getting over my head on a run. Mostly. . .

Gatekeeper? Heck no. But I do look after my equipment and am selective about who drives it when and where.

RC driver license for me is a personal visual check on what my limits are. Keeps ME from getting over my head on a run. Mostly. . .
I was being funny.

I don't have a problem handing off the transmitter. They usually hand it back a minute or two later when they realize I turned it down to 30% for them.

Edit. But I also did have a similar issue last night after changing servos. Only 30-40 yards away the transmitter thought the receiver had lost power but I still had control then about 50-60 yards and it would lose signal. Before the servo change I've been out to 150 yards without issue.

Last edited:
The problem was the receiver. I tried
-Rebinding the receiver
-Using a different ESC
-Using different batteries (transmitter)
-Everything else I already listed in this thread.

I eventually figured it out when I took my DBXLE with an identical receiver and paired it with the same transmitter. I took the transmitter 50ft+ farther than where the Limitless receiver cut out. Even at that distance it was still able to control it.

I will be contacting HH/spektrum tomorrow. Hopefully they replace it. I have owned it less than a year, and there is no physical damage to the receiver (even the antenna is ok).

I just tested the car. The range is less than 100FT. I made sure the distance was line of sight. I tried unplugging and re-plugging the ESC wire, no difference. I tried unplugging the motor wires to make sure it wasn't interfering, no difference. Next I am going to try re-binding. If that doesn't work, I will try the same transmitter with an identical receiver (from my dbxle). After that, I will contact spektrum.
Check the orientation and placement of your receiver antenna and do a range check.

I'd say the antenna is not connected properly to the receiver. 50ft is about what a receiver can do without antenna.

Spectrum also uses ipx connectors i think. During a crash the antenna might have been pulled out and still look fine from the outside.

I'd say the antenna is not connected properly to the receiver. 50ft is about what a receiver can do without antenna.

Spectrum also uses ipx connectors i think. During a crash the antenna might have been pulled out and still look fine from the outside.
The antenna doesn't seem loose. Either way, HH can fix it better than I can.

Unlicenced girl or not, the first upgrade I do before ANY expensive upgrades go on it, is the RX/TX on all my Arrma's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back