Limitless Limitless crashed by a girl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I have friends (big surprise) and have friends that are girls (shocked), I have let some of those friends drive my rc cars (insanity). 1 week ago, I was driving my limitless in a parking lot. Everything was working fine that night. During the week, I removed the hand brake module. Last night I was driving the same car with the same friends, and the signal was cutting out at about a 50ft range. The previous week it had no problem with 300ft + ranges. I turned the car off and on, same problem. Then a girl crashed my car into a curb because the signal got lost. When I got home, I checked to make sure the esc to receiver wires were not unplugged (I thought I had messed up the connection when I took off the handbrake), the wires were fine. What is causing this problem? How should I fix it? The antenna was where it was supposed to be. There are motor wires by it, but that has never caused a problem before...

The damage from the crash was a damaged splitter, ripped off front body pieces, some broken 3d printed pieces, and a popped out ball joint for the front wheel.

I just tested the car. The range is less than 100FT. I made sure the distance was line of sight. I tried unplugging and re-plugging the ESC wire, no difference. I tried unplugging the motor wires to make sure it wasn't interfering, no difference. Next I am going to try re-binding. If that doesn't work, I will try the same transmitter with an identical receiver (from my dbxle). After that, I will contact spektrum.

I don't let anyone but gf drive my RC...... just let her pull it on a string.
To be fair, my girl friend (not girlfriend, I am too socially awkward for that) did offer to pay for the broken parts.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, the transmitter is a spektrum DX5C and the receiver is the spektrum SR6100AT. I got the combo pack.

Driving The Muppets GIF

To be fair, my girl friend (not girlfriend, I am too socially awkward for that) did offer to pay for the broken parts.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, the transmitter is a spektrum DX5C and the receiver is the spektrum SR6100AT. I got the combo pack.

Buddy,
Here's a Life lesson..

When a 'girl friend' is willing to take responsibility and offer to help fix what she damaged..
Make sure You put in the effort to make her your Girlfriend.

Buddy,
Here's a Life lesson..

When a 'girl friend' is willing to take responsibility and offer to help fix what she damaged..
Make sure You put in the effort to make her your Girlfriend.
In fact ask if she wants to do a roadtrip McDrive or something with you.
Then straight to Las Vegas:
Las Vegas Wedding GIF by Movistar+

Curious what servo you're running. I had this issue before and it was my SAVOX servo that was causing voltage brownouts on my receiver and my radio signal was cutting off and forcing my receiver/transmitter to go into fail-safe mode.

Curious what servo you're running. I had this issue before and it was my SAVOX servo that was causing voltage brownouts on my receiver and my radio signal was cutting off and forcing my receiver/transmitter to go into fail-safe mode.
Perfect pass monster servo. I haven't heard of that causing problems, but I can try.

I handed a kid at the park the remote to my Mini-B and he managed to find the one damn sewer in the whole parking lot, missed it by less than a foot. Never again! I don't get how I can launch a thing 30 feet in the air a hundred times and nothing breaks, but hand someone the remote for 8 seconds at 50% throttle and they'll hand back a car that's broken, on fire, and I don't know, shouting racial slurs out of the ESC. Like how do you do that??!

In your case, at least it doesn't sound like too expensive of a lesson, but take it as a lesson none-the-less! The servo issue someone mentioned could be it, the bad range could be a red herring pointing to something else. Kind of hard to diagnose, you could disconnect the servo, put the car down, walk away from it, gradually giving it a blip of throttle every 10 feet or so to check if you're still in range, and see if that was it. Otherwise for good measure throw some new batteries in the transmitter, that should be your first step.

To be fair, my girl friend (not girlfriend, I am too socially awkward for that) did offer to pay for the broken parts
My friend, I think you are not looking at this as the opportunity that it is

I handed a kid at the park the remote to my Mini-B and he managed to find the one damn sewer in the whole parking lot, missed it by less than a foot. Never again! I don't get how I can launch a thing 30 feet in the air a hundred times and nothing breaks, but hand someone the remote for 8 seconds at 50% throttle and they'll hand back a car that's broken, on fire, and I don't know, shouting racial slurs out of the ESC. Like how do you do that??!

In your case, at least it doesn't sound like too expensive of a lesson, but take it as a lesson none-the-less! The servo issue someone mentioned could be it, the bad range could be a red herring pointing to something else. Kind of hard to diagnose, you could disconnect the servo, put the car down, walk away from it, gradually giving it a blip of throttle every 10 feet or so to check if you're still in range, and see if that was it. Otherwise for good measure throw some new batteries in the transmitter, that should be your first step.

Some Kids are just That Kind of Special.. If you get my drift.

But, I had that happen to me..
When I handed my remote to an Adult...
Less than 2 minutes later, he had it going full speed - right into a metal sign post at an open park.

Didn't even bother to apologize or to just say "sorry" , definitely didn't offer to repair.

My friend, I think you are not looking at this as the opportunity that it is

It's an Opportunity ,staring him in the face!
Carpe Diem!!

Don't let anybody drive unless you have that inner peace to do so. Expect for stuff to get damaged and that's on you.

Listen to you own BS detector. Don't let anybody drive who can't follow a command like "Stop" or finger "off the tigger". People have asked to come along to drive - nope. Other buddies - who fly RC planes - different story. They know there is a direct response to the transmitter.

RC car is a bit like a gun. Want's to be treated with respect and knowledge.

Don't call yourself socially awkward. Own who you are. Never fear women. Often they are so insecure they actually brush paint on their faces to feel better. Some don't even leave house without that paint. Let that sink in. And listen to some Jordan Peterson stuff about women.

Woman willing to pay for damage? :unsure: Seems to be kindness and "niceness" there. That's become pretty rare.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back