Senton Lipo battery recovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello,

I have a 11.1V 5000mAh 3S 50C Venom Hardcase LiPo Battery. I ran the truck with the batteries and didn't charge after. I didn't do a storage charge or a full charge. I didn't charge the batteries for awhile. The 1 battery is good, but the other isn't. I put the bad battery on the charger. 1st cell 0, other 2 cells 3.98. I charged on NIHM and followed process. Bad battery charge for an hour and still 1st cell 0, other 2 cells 3.98. No progress. Any suggestions?

You could carefully pull it apart and check the cells with a volt meter. If a tab or wire is broken you’ll be able to track it down.

If you are a newbie as your name states. Please do not pull a battery apart. You can test the balance port for the dead cell and slowly charge just the one cell that way. Until it registers in the charger.

If you are a newbie as your name states. Please do not pull a battery apart. You can test the balance port for the dead cell and slowly charge just the one cell that way. Until it registers in the charger.

Can you elaborate on the steps to do so? Thanks.

Can you elaborate on the steps to do so? Thanks.
Yeah man, as someone whose done a full teardown on a lipo, absolutely do NOT do this if you’re pretty inexperienced. To check the balance, ports, use a multimeter, set it to 12 volts DC, and place the ground lead on the black wire’s pin. Place the red on the first pin next to it and that’s your reading. Then, remove both leads, place the ground lead where you had the red wire previously. Then place the red wire onto the next pin in line. Rinse and repeat till you finish all 4 pins. Never place the multimeter leads backwards.

Yeah man, as someone whose done a full teardown on a lipo, absolutely do NOT do this if you’re pretty inexperienced. To check the balance, ports, use a multimeter, set it to 12 volts DC, and place the ground lead on the black wire’s pin. Place the red on the first pin next to it and that’s your reading. Then, remove both leads, place the ground lead where you had the red wire previously. Then place the red wire onto the next pin in line. Rinse and repeat till you finish all 4 pins. Never place the multimeter leads backwards.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the info.

Yes, not going to open the hard plastic case and disassemble. Never done it, too much work. I don't have the tools.

I checked the balance ports as you specified.

Below are my results:

Total battery voltage: 008

Cell 1: 003

Cell 2: 003

Cell 3: 000

How do I "slowly charge the bad cell (Cell 3) until it registers in the charger"?

Last week, I charged on NIHM and followed process as per "Recover Over Discharged Lipo Batteries"
. Bad battery charged for an hour on the HiTec multi charger X2 AC Plus and gave reading of 0, 3.98, & 3.98.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello,

A lot of work to get the 1 cell charged. I don't have the tools to do what the video shows as well as the Lipo Parallel Balanced Charging Board.

Do you think the hobby shop would get the cell charged or inform to buy a new battery? Thanks.

If you have any reservations about trying anything in this thread out just buy a new battery. The cost of a battery is not worth the risk of a fire if something goes wrong. And a lithium cell at 0V provides a LOT of opportunity for something to go wrong.

Lovestricken & vpr5793,

Thank you for the advice.

As per the video "Recover Over Discharged Lipo Batteries" I was hoping for an easy fix with no extra costs or other parts. I don't have any extra parts, soldering tools, or the balance board as the gentleman in the video "How to Charge a Single Cell in Unbalanced Multi Cell Lipo Pack".

I just started up again with RC and will need to build my collection of parts, tools, & etc.

How long have the both of you been in RC? What types of RC do you have? Short truck, boat, or plane? Thanks.

I've been in it off and on for about 20 years. I've currently got a Senton Mega (although it's really my 5yo's) and a Mojave 6s. Both short course trucks.

Lovestricken & vpr5793,

Thank you for the advice.

As per the video "Recover Over Discharged Lipo Batteries" I was hoping for an easy fix with no extra costs or other parts. I don't have any extra parts, soldering tools, or the balance board as the gentleman in the video "How to Charge a Single Cell in Unbalanced Multi Cell Lipo Pack".

I just started up again with RC and will need to build my collection of parts, tools, & etc.

How long have the both of you been in RC? What types of RC do you have? Short truck, boat, or plane? Thanks.
17 years
Kraton 6s heavily motified
Granite 3s in middle of 4s conversion
Senton 3s
Losi 8ight nitro converted to brushless 6s
Infraction stock
4k drone
Couple helies I don't fly anymore
Getting ready to get a tekno mt410 kit next week

I've been in it off and on for about 20 years. I've currently got a Senton Mega (although it's really my 5yo's) and a Mojave 6s. Both short course trucks.

That's cool. It's fun, but not cheap. I had a few cheap RCs about 20 years ago. Now Senton BLXS 6. It's tough did a lot of hard driving and hitting rocks. Ordered front bumper, which broke. Then left side pin to lower arm loosened. Putting back together & just need the new battery. Want to buy a boat and/or trainer plane.
17 years
Kraton 6s heavily motified
Granite 3s in middle of 4s conversion
Senton 3s
Losi 8ight nitro converted to brushless 6s
Infraction stock
4k drone
Couple helies I don't fly anymore
Getting ready to get a tekno mt410 kit next week

A lot of years & a lot of RCs. I have a Senton BLXS 6. I drive it hard. I have to do some repairs, but looking to buy a boat and/or trainer plane. I used to work for a company that used drones (fixed wing & quadcopter) with sensors and was going to be trained/licensed. It would have been nice, they alos had about 5 regular planes to fly.

You are from MI as well?

That's cool. It's fun, but not cheap. I had a few cheap RCs about 20 years ago. Now Senton BLXS 6. It's tough did a lot of hard driving and hitting rocks. Ordered front bumper, which broke. Then left side pin to lower arm loosened. Putting back together & just need the new battery. Want to buy a boat and/or trainer plane.

A lot of years & a lot of RCs. I have a Senton BLXS 6. I drive it hard. I have to do some repairs, but looking to buy a boat and/or trainer plane. I used to work for a company that used drones (fixed wing & quadcopter) with sensors and was going to be trained/licensed. It would have been nice, they alos had about 5 regular planes to fly.

You are from MI as well?
Yes sir i take it you are? What area?

I was living in D-town 6 mile & Davidson back in day. Went to school in Hamtramck then Sterling Heights. Now living close to Toronto. You?

I was living in D-town 6 mile & Davidson back in day. Went to school in Hamtramck then Sterling Heights. Now living close to Toronto. You?
Went from 6 Mile to living in the 6...

Idk if it is open but that is where I can be found a few days a week lol
You should keep an eye out for Michigan Sunday Funday gatherings with arrma forum members

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back