California Local areas to smash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Might be the wrong forum for this but I'm always in search for new places to bash around at. From golf courses to skate parks to beaches. I live in north county, San Diego and am still on search. Does anyone live around these parts and where do you go?

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
If you ever come up a bit around Huntington Beach and Anaheim, I have two great spots without any disturbance - the Santa Ana riverbed and this abandoned skate park.

EA4D17F4-F3E1-43CA-8DFA-AD98D179002A.jpeg

Good luck with the search.

If you ever come up a bit around Huntington Beach and Anaheim, I have two great spots without any disturbance - the Santa Ana riverbed and this abandoned skate park.

View attachment 53686

Good luck with the search.
Where exactly in the Santa Ana river bed, and where is the skate park? I’m located in garden grove and would like to see if I can hit these spots up

Where exactly in the Santa Ana river bed, and where is the skate park? I’m located in garden grove and would like to see if I can hit these spots up
I’m in GG every weekday! Nice dude.

Santa Ana Riverbed 1. Go to the Orange Dog Park and park in that lot. You’ll see a huge grass park, can’t miss it. There’s a dirt walkway - I advise you use that because remember this is adjacent to a dog park. Lol. Follow the walkway, cross the bridge, walk the bike path for 5 minutes and you’re there. This spot is very rocky but fun if you want to test your suspension.

Santa Ana Riverbed 2. Right by Angel Stadium. Drive East on Orangewood and right before the 57 look over both sides of the bridge. This is the best jump spot in our area unless you’re willing to drive and then hike Costs Mesa and go to Sheep Hills. Every kind of jump you’d want here, and not terribly rough landings. Problem is parking - there is none. During the baseball season you can pay for parking at the stadium and bash instead of watching the game, but that’s a bit stressful. There’s Karl Strauss Brewery across the street you can try, but it is a tow away zone. There are blocks in all directions you could probably street park and walk. I usually have my kids with me and 3 RCs so it’s tough to walk with all that - I only bash this spot because my work is nearby on Collins. I can park at work and my kids and I walk/drive into the riverbed.

Huntington Beach. Take Bolsa Chica down until it ends. Literally. When it ends you’ll see cars parked on both sides. Park. It’s fine to park there because hikers and dog walkers frequent the area. On the East you’ll see gates with overgrowth, and an opening into the brush. Immediately walking in to your left you’ll see a huge dirt area and one moderately large jump. This is where I bash with my kids because it’s a large area to practice. You’ll see two paths past this area. Walk either for 30 seconds and you’ll find the abandoned BMX jumps. Fair warning - it’s high level stuff. Huge jumps and no safe landings. If you go on Saturday the guys from Rob’s RC Hobbies are there and they can give you tips. Also fair warning I’m pretty sure some dude squats and lives there now.

If you want some company hit me up. Either way have fun!

I’m in GG every weekday! Nice dude.

Santa Ana Riverbed 1. Go to the Orange Dog Park and park in that lot. You’ll see a huge grass park, can’t miss it. There’s a dirt walkway - I advise you use that because remember this is adjacent to a dog park. Lol. Follow the walkway, cross the bridge, walk the bike path for 5 minutes and you’re there. This spot is very rocky but fun if you want to test your suspension.

Santa Ana Riverbed 2. Right by Angel Stadium. Drive East on Orangewood and right before the 57 look over both sides of the bridge. This is the best jump spot in our area unless you’re willing to drive and then hike Costs Mesa and go to Sheep Hills. Every kind of jump you’d want here, and not terribly rough landings. Problem is parking - there is none. During the baseball season you can pay for parking at the stadium and bash instead of watching the game, but that’s a bit stressful. There’s Karl Strauss Brewery across the street you can try, but it is a tow away zone. There are blocks in all directions you could probably street park and walk. I usually have my kids with me and 3 RCs so it’s tough to walk with all that - I only bash this spot because my work is nearby on Collins. I can park at work and my kids and I walk/drive into the riverbed.

Huntington Beach. Take Bolsa Chica down until it ends. Literally. When it ends you’ll see cars parked on both sides. Park. It’s fine to park there because hikers and dog walkers frequent the area. On the East you’ll see gates with overgrowth, and an opening into the brush. Immediately walking in to your left you’ll see a huge dirt area and one moderately large jump. This is where I bash with my kids because it’s a large area to practice. You’ll see two paths past this area. Walk either for 30 seconds and you’ll find the abandoned BMX jumps. Fair warning - it’s high level stuff. Huge jumps and no safe landings. If you go on Saturday the guys from Rob’s RC Hobbies are there and they can give you tips. Also fair warning I’m pretty sure some dude squats and lives there now.

If you want some company hit me up. Either way have fun!
hell yea man! thats badass!. not going this weekend but if i do plan on going ill let you know!

Anything a little closer to Central SD? Fiesta Island is pretty close to me. I used to be able to go to the BMX track near Mesa College , but they fenced it in and the owner freaks out if anybody bashes there :(. Jesmond Dean Park is really nice , but I live down near Kerany Mesa.

Yep jesmond dean is the spot and only about 20 mins away from me. Fiesta island it's nice but it's commute. I've been there but I had my 3 pitties and they hate RC's with a passion. Last time I had my slash out I had to pry the truck out of my dog's mouth. Body looked like it got shot with some buck shot. Teeth punctures in the lipo. Tires shredded. Wires torn. I honestly didn't think she could catch it. It was kinda bad. So now anytime I see any dog, horse, cat, opossum, I just shut it down. So anyone who reads this, please be respectful to animals who freak out. Im super lucky it was my dog and not any one else's but anyways...

I have 4 dogs myself , and they don't get to go when i go play... they freak out also!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back