Typhon looking for a fresh take on info/tips/tricks/upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've dry fitted it. It fits. I will grind the lip off the plastic ESC mount but it will fit.
Yeah, I guess I used an m2c mount, it was a direct bolt on

20220618_171616.jpg

Just make sure the Max6 fits. It does not fit in the Talion EXB due to the servo position. Not sure about the Typhon in stock length.
This cannot be true. The max 6 is basically same size as the mmx8s and that fit's just fine with room to spare.

I tried to fit the Max6 ESC in the Talion, but the servo is standing 90 degrees turned - when compared to the Typhon or Kraton. I did not want to put it in vertically as it may get the full impact when landing on the roof. Don't know if it fits in the Typhon.

Talion servo position:

Talion.jpg

Typhon servo position:
Typhon.jpg

Last edited:
Just make sure the Max6 fits. It does not fit in the Talion EXB due to the servo position. Not sure about the Typhon in stock length.
Everything fits..!! 😉🤣
I have a MMX8 in mine and that's pretty much the same size as a Max 6, go look at my build thread 👍🏼

Get more tires as the stock ones are meant for a track use, and the asphalt will turn them to slicks in a single pack. I like the Badlands from ProLine myself. Great all purpose buggy tires.
I second that, I smoked my tires on asphalt.
I replaced with the pro lines and their doing OK, I mostly race on desert track.
I upgraded to aluminum knuckles and the TLR Typhon shocks, mostly because I wanted to NOT have red shocks as I also got a new body and painted GS Warriors tribute to stand out =)

I haven't gotten a chance yet to see how the new shocks do on our desert track. The rear shocks are longer the fronts are very close to same size as stock. Will see this winter <fingers crossed>

20220714_122812.jpg

20220714_122841.jpg

I replaced with the pro lines and their doing OK, I mostly race on desert track.
I upgraded to aluminum knuckles and the TLR Typhon shocks, mostly because I wanted to NOT have red shocks as I also got a new body and painted GS Warriors tribute to stand out =)

I haven't gotten a chance yet to see how the new shocks do on our desert track. The rear shocks are longer the fronts are very close to same size as stock. Will see this winter <fingers crossed>

View attachment 229993

View attachment 229994
Why don't we see more sports themed shells?

20220625_182614.jpg

Why don't we see more sports themed shells?

View attachment 229996
Funny you say that......I'll be turning my black and red Typhon into a MD Terps theme! As soon as I 1st saw your IA one, I was like, o yea, making a Terps one!! Later I'll make a Skins one!

Funny you say that......I'll be turning my black and red Typhon into a MD Terps theme! As soon as I 1st saw your IA one, I was like, o yea, making a Terps one!! Later I'll make a Skins one!
Big "10" battle it is!!😅
I think my 1st real paint job is gonna be a bears colored typhon. Trying to work up the confidence in my taping/masking abilities. I can see it in my mind, just not sure if my physical talents match

View attachment 229993

View attachment 229994
Nice rig!👍

Question...
Is that a dog on the floor? I looked at this picture a few times but only saw it right now. Kinda freaked me out!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ahem… Commanders? 😜
Big "10" battle it is!!😅
I think my 1st real paint job is gonna be a bears colored typhon. Trying to work up the confidence in my taping/masking abilities. I can see it in my mind, just not sure if my physical talents match
Bear Down 🐻⬇️
But why?

(Asked the guy living 50 miles from Green Bay)
Puck the Fackers 🖕🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back