Typhon looking for a fresh take on info/tips/tricks/upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I only had a very short time with my new Typhon and haven't even done a precheck yet. She ran fine but when I do get to do my prechecks is there anything I should look out for other than the normal stuff?
I asked for upgrades in a sense of what should be changed off the bat and not to necessarily increase performance.
I'll be running between grass and asphalt and so this will be a loaded question but what are good tires for that type of terrain? I look at it like rallycross terrain.

Thanks in advance for any input you got🤙

These are supurb in dirt and grass. I've never seen them on asphalt, but I bet they'd do well. Disclosure: I don't own these or a typhon, but a good buddy runs these on his and I've driven it dozens of times on a dirt/groomed grass track.

https://jconcepts.net/magma-tires-premounted-cheetah-wheels

These are supurb in dirt and grass. I've never seen them on asphalt, but I bet they'd do well. Disclosure: I don't own these or a typhon, but a good buddy runs these on his and I've driven it dozens of times on a dirt/groomed grass track.

These look great! Gonna grab me a set for my new Typhon. Thanks!!!

And perfect timing for this thread for me too. (y)

What else ya'll got?!? 😁

They do look like they would do really good for what I need and not over priced just incase the asphalt tears them up.

They do look like they would do really good for what I need and not over priced just incase the asphalt tears them up.
Uggg....cheapest shipping was $20! :rolleyes: o well! 🤪✌️
Screenshot_20220713-215841_Gmail.jpg

There's a bunch of upgrades just how far down the rabbit hole you want go is the question😆

Check typhon builds out 🤣 some great stuff in that rabbit hole

Order some m2c front/rear chassis braces
Thanks!
Yea that rabbit is a hole!:ROFLMAO:

The braces are a good start. Keeping it budget friendly.(y)
Typhon beast out of the box. If not tamp bashing or sending it. I just do ur diff fluid. And that be it one my favorite rigs. But if bashing hard same upgrades as the other rigs✌🏻
Yea no hardcore bashing.
The diff fluids are good out of the box? When I ran mine it seamed like the center could have been thicker...or maybe wasn't as full as should be....?:unsure: (didn't give her the one over yet)
Uggg....cheapest shipping was $20! :rolleyes: o well! 🤪✌️
View attachment 229535
Still not bad though.
Give them a review after running them a few times?

Thanks!
Yea that rabbit is a hole!:ROFLMAO:

The braces are a good start. Keeping it budget friendly.(y)

Yea no hardcore bashing.
The diff fluids are good out of the box? When I ran mine it seamed like the center could have been thicker...or maybe wasn't as full as should be....?:unsure: (didn't give her the one over yet)

Still not bad though.
Give them a review after running them a few times?
Budget friendly 😆 wish i heard that when i started

I would definitely check the diff fluids. I found stock to be a bit too light for my driving style, not to mention that they were severely underfilled. I went with 60k/200k/30k in mine right out of the box. I also put 60/40wt shock oil f/r (also underfilled out of the box). I found that those two cost friendly adjustments made a world of difference in handling & performance.
As to tires, I've really liked both sets of jetkos that I've bought from small addictions out of New York. Kinda spendy but not as bad as proline. They have a few different wheel & tread patterns that are belted, I have the rockforms & the king cobras- love them both on gravel, dirt & pavement (not sure about grass). They don't balloon badly @ all & have lasted far longer than expected. In my opinion belted is a MUST for buggy tires on 6s. I've blown unbelted tires off in 3 seconds on 6s, although it was spectacular to see the foam launch 25' into the air!! Hope you find some of this useful 🙂🤙

I would definitely check the diff fluids. I found stock to be a bit too light for my driving style, not to mention that they were severely underfilled. I went with 60k/200k/30k in mine right out of the box. I also put 60/40wt shock oil f/r (also underfilled out of the box). I found that those two cost friendly adjustments made a world of difference in handling & performance.
As to tires, I've really liked both sets of jetkos that I've bought from small addictions out of New York. Kinda spendy but not as bad as proline. They have a few different wheel & tread patterns that are belted, I have the rockforms & the king cobras- love them both on gravel, dirt & pavement (not sure about grass). They don't balloon badly @ all & have lasted far longer than expected. In my opinion belted is a MUST for buggy tires on 6s. I've blown unbelted tires off in 3 seconds on 6s, although it was spectacular to see the foam launch 25' into the air!! Hope you find some of this useful 🙂🤙
Def useful! Thanks! I actually have mine on the pit stand now for it's "just bought used, so not really out the box" oil treatment. Just waiting on the darn bearings to arrive! 🤪

Thanks. Good info!
I did think the center diff was on the light side. Not trying to hold wheelies but not wanting to diff out all the time either.(y)

The best upgrade if did was to put it on a M2C Kraton chassis (but stock will do). So much more control. And added MX28hp (belted, narrow, 6s the way to go, not the normal MX28). I think on 6s the stock Typhon has just too much power to get traction and then keep direction. That's why many drive it on 4s. It's fun too on normal MX28 and 4s.

20220221_135323.jpg

20211128_032000.jpg

6s and MX28 is just a tire ripper. 4s is the way to go. Very nice air control on 4s, flips easily.
20210820_201001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going Carbon fiber where possible and titanium where necessary to try and to keep the weight down to allow for the weight of the max6.

I only had a very short time with my new Typhon and haven't even done a precheck yet. She ran fine but when I do get to do my prechecks is there anything I should look out for other than the normal stuff?
I asked for upgrades in a sense of what should be changed off the bat and not to necessarily increase performance.
I'll be running between grass and asphalt and so this will be a loaded question but what are good tires for that type of terrain? I look at it like rallycross terrain.

Thanks in advance for any input you got🤙
Get more tires as the stock ones are meant for a track use, and the asphalt will turn them to slicks in a single pack. I like the Badlands from ProLine myself. Great all purpose buggy tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back