Looking for Adjustable Turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Gorgon
  3. Infraction
Looking for some direction.
I have been looking all day for some adjustable turnbuckles and steering links for my 3s Infraction. Here is the exploded view.
PXL_20230701_210108935.jpg

PXL_20230702_010630505.jpg

The steering links are 45mm in length with a 3mm hole and 10mm gap. The Gap is the distance of the end piece from side to side or the size of the hole the end piece fits in.
The top front turnbuckles are 55mm in length with a 3mm hole and a 10mm gap.
The top rear turnbuckles are 52mm in length with a 3mm hole and a 10mm gap.
PXL_20230701_210232809.jpg

I am not sure how to find upgrades for this part. A simple search has produced nothing that is close and a search on AMain has nothing either.
I am all over Alibaba and cant find anything close.
I know a Typhon is close but some of their front end parts are different than the Infraction so I am not sure if their turnbuckles and steering rods would work. To make it harder, the front and rear turnbuckles are a different length with the rear turnbuckles being shorter close to 3mm.
If someone has a Typhon, can they confirm my measurements are close to their turnbuckles? Thanks in advance. If they are close I can get those.
Not sure where to go here.
Thank for the help.
I finally found a Typhon Kit here. I guess I can order it and see if the lengths work.

Last edited:
Looking for some direction.
I have been looking all day for some adjustable turnbuckles and steering links for my 3s Infraction. Here is the exploded view.
View attachment 308915
View attachment 308919

The steering links are 45mm in length with a 3mm hole and 10mm gap. The Gap is the distance of the end piece from side to side or the size of the hole the end piece fits in.
The top front turnbuckles are 55mm in length with a 3mm hole and a 10mm gap.
The top rear turnbuckles are 52mm in length with a 3mm hole and a 10mm gap.
View attachment 308918
I am not sure how to find upgrades for this part. A simple search has produced nothing that is close and a search on AMain has nothing either.
I am all over Alibaba and cant find anything close.
I know a Typhon is close but some of their front end parts are different than the Infraction so I am not sure if their turnbuckles and steering rods would work. To make it harder, the front and rear turnbuckles are a different length with the rear turnbuckles being shorter close to 3mm.
If someone has a Typhon, can they confirm my measurements are close to their turnbuckles? Thanks in advance. If they are close I can get those.
Not sure where to go here.
Thank for the help.
I finally found a Typhon Kit here. I guess I can order it and see if the lengths work.

They are adjustable.
Just unscrew and remove the center spacer to shorten them ,if that's what you are looking to do.

Check with JennysRC.com for cheaper prices on OEM parts.
Try to lot up or buy in bulk , cause their shipping is a bit high.

I’m sure that Lunsford Racing can accommodate your needs. Titanium too😉

I’m sure that Lunsford Racing can accommodate your needs. Titanium too😉
Unfortunately I’m pretty sure they aren’t in business anymore. ☹️

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure they aren’t in business anymore. ☹️

oh that's right..
I was thinking earlier that there was something about that name, but I couldn't recall at the time.

Yeah, unfortunately they closed their doors.

I wasn't aware. Damn shame :(
Yeah, a lot of people were pretty bummed. I never tried their products, but by all accounts they made some of the best components in RC.

They are adjustable!
To make them longer if anything.

They are adjustable.
Just unscrew and remove the center spacer to shorten them ,if that's what you are looking to do.

Check with JennysRC.com for cheaper prices on OEM parts.
Try to lot up or buy in bulk , cause their shipping is a bit high.
Thanks Tex, that is the case.
I can confirm that I was able to remove the links and turnbuckles and lengthen them with a couple of adjustable wrenches.
PXL_20230702_202633468(1).jpg

Unfortunately the threaded metal has no Octagonal or Hexagonal fitting in the middle to put a wrench on and is not threaded correctly so you will have to remove one side of the turnbuckle to adjust it in the future. For this reason I will be using some adjustable ones.
At least now the tire sits flatter on the ground.
PXL_20230703_213501493.jpg
PXL_20230703_213535979.jpg

This video helped with information on alignment.

Now If I can only get the rear toe adjustable.
PXL_20230703_220820749.jpg

and I think I am going to have to move the body forward as it tends to rub on the front of the front tires.
PXL_20230703_220934917.jpg

PXL_20230703_220942597.jpg

Last edited:
Where'd u get those brakes 🤣
Thanks Tex, that is the case.
I can confirm that I was able to remove the links and turnbuckles and lengthen them with a couple of adjustable wrenches.
View attachment 309230
Unfortunately the threaded metal has no Octagonal or Hexagonal fitting in the middle to put a wrench on and is not threaded correctly so you will have to remove one side of the turnbuckle to adjust it in the future. For this reason I will be using some adjustable ones.
At least now the tire sits flatter on the ground.
View attachment 309231View attachment 309232
This video helped with information on alignment.

Now If I can only get the rear toe adjustable.
View attachment 309239
and I think I am going to have to move the body forward as it tends to rub on the front of the front tires.
View attachment 309240
View attachment 309241

Typically you want some toe-in on the rear. It helps with stability. I think up to around 3 degrees is pretty common.

Typically you want some toe-in on the rear. It helps with stability. I think up to around 3 degrees is pretty common.

I believe the rear toe in is set at the factory , non-adjustable.

@Jamr
Just PM-ed you.

to continue our prior conversations..

Yea, I do see that. I guess the only way to correct the toe is to print some lowers without the toe angle.
Oh wow, good answer! Nicely done, man!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be short with you.
Thank you. They were quite a project. Took many iterations to get to that point. Still working on some of the details.
I am thinking on making them for the 6s. Anybody interested?

Last edited:
Yea, I do see that. I guess the only way to correct the toe is to print some lowers without the toe angle.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be short with you.
Thank you. They were quite a project. Took many iterations to get to that point. Still working on some of the details.
I am thinking on making them for the 6s. Anybody interested?
I didn’t think you were short at all.
As for rear toe, I’m not sure about the 3s line. Some purveyors make rear toe blocks with pills for the 6s line that allow you to choose from 0° to stock. I leave the factory setting alone for bashers and go 0.3° to 0° for speed runners. My favorite is the Scorched RC option. Beautifully, perfectly machined components.

Yea all the upgrades I have seen so far include the toe angle in them.
I just ordered extra toe pills for a 1/10 build I’m working on. I’m planning on filling the holes with epoxy and re-drilling them for less toe angle. A bit of a PITA, but a viable option if you want less rear toe in.

Yeah, I think I will have to make/print a set without the toe to see how they will work.
I see, but I am drifting with this car so it seems counter productive. I would like the ability to adjust so see the difference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back