Granite Looking to upgrade my motor in the voltage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
What would be a good plug in play motor upgrade for the voltage?

You mean Wattage right. I was thinking like the 540/550 but I need them to be plug-play.

What would be a good plug in play motor upgrade for the voltage?
The same one it came with 😆. Seriously though we break too much using the stock brushed powertrain as it is. 😑

Stock motor is 20T, you could try to drop down to a lower turn motor for more speed but you will lose torque. You could also go up to the next pinion size. The motor holes on the truck are preset so check your manual on appropriate pinion sizes.

Be aware a lower turn motor will also consume more power and generate more heat.

Last edited:
(Granite Voltage) Yes, I would just like a little more then stock.

(Granite Voltage) Yes, I would just like a little more then stock.
It comes with a 20T 540 from the factory so pretty much any motor with less than 20 turns will provide you with a performance boost. I wouldn't go too crazy but perhaps something in the 12T range (give or take) would be what you're looking for. Just to be clear, I don't have that vehicle and, as a result, have never upgraded the motor so I can't say how well the drivetrain will deal with more power. So, take it with that grain of salt and as a disclaimer from me. Proceed at your own discretion...or until someone else shows up who has first hand experience. :)

Thanks for the help. I may Just turn down the 4s Kraton to 20% and let the grandson grow into it. This little truck in stock form has been so good. Everybody I know has bash on this thing and still going strong.

There really isn't a plug-and-play upgrade option IMO.

Installing a lower-turn 550 definitely provides more power and it plugs right in, but it will kill that ESC within a couple runs. Been there done that. Twice. You need a better ESC if going with a more powerful motor.

You also need to be cautious if going brushless. The drivetrain simply can't handle it. It ends up just being a headache and waste of money.

I'd highly recommend enjoying it stock.

Thanks for the help. I may Just turn down the 4s Kraton to 20% and let the grandson grow into it. This little truck in stock form has been so good. Everybody I know has bash on this thing and still going strong.

Yes, it's a good little truck, but best to leave it in stock form. Once you add more power the whole drivetrain will start breaking.

I think everyone is correct, I’m just going to leave it stock and give the grandson he is 5 years old, the K4s on 3s and turned way down maybe on like 20 or 25%. I appreciate the people on this form and the amount of information that they can provide. It really helps to make Informed decisions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back