Lost Sight of Limitless Turning Around and Smacked Into A Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair to Castle, they don't list any max amp specs for their ESCs (probably for situations like this leaving them a back door). The values we reference are based on real world experience (I've never seen any amp specs on the Castle site...though I might have just been blind and missed it). If you got a link to where they list anything, I'd be curious to see.

Since you're saying that it felt loose from the start, that would indicate a poor connection. Poor connections are going to have a higher electrical resistance as there's not as much material for the pixies to flow through which in turn will result in slightly to much higher temperatures depending on how poor the connection actually is and how many amps you're trying to pull across it. Yeah, that's gonna be aggravating for sure but, I'm sure you can fix it yourself. You got this :).
My issue is since I'm pushing the ESC towards its 400amp limit I'd rather have a warrantied one. I don't really trust a DIY repair on something run at max load for several seconds over and over. Kind of lame they're so stand off-ish with anything speed running and just assume we destroy everything we touch. Also annoying because I have to pay for another MMX when I'd like to put this MMX and 1717 in my notorious when I go GT and run an XLX and 1100 castle or XLX and TP 4070 of some sort. Guess I'll have to go full Karen on the new one I receive and bust their balls on any little imperfection I suppose.

My issue is since I'm pushing the ESC towards its 400amp limit I'd rather have a warrantied one. I don't really trust a DIY repair on something run at max load for several seconds over and over. Kind of lame they're so stand off-ish with anything speed running and just assume we destroy everything we touch. Also annoying because I have to pay for another MMX when I'd like to put this MMX and 1717 in my notorious when I go GT and run an XLX and 1100 castle or XLX and TP 4070 of some sort. Guess I'll have to go full Karen on the new one I receive and bust their balls on any little imperfection I suppose.
Fair enough, your call. I can understand the apprehension. To me, after having seen two people successfully repair their XLX2 (one of them making repeated 158mph passes with it without failure) I feel confident that it isn't as big of a deal as it might seem. But having a new ESC is a good thing too :)

Fair enough, your call. I can understand the apprehension. To me, after having seen two people successfully repair their XLX2 (one of them making repeated 158mph passes with it without failure) I feel confident that it isn't as big of a deal as it might seem. But having a new ESC is a good thing too :)
if I loose the warranty war here I think I'll give her a go. May as well see what happens. 158 def faster than me at the moment. I'll be waiting on parts for the next week anyhow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back