Lost Sight of Limitless Turning Around and Smacked Into A Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
As the title reads, its a sad evening boys and girls. Go figure, the biggest crash I have so far is turning the damn thing around. Did hit a new PR of 137, but the joy of that soon went out the window when I saw the carnage the rock left behind. Also appears a switch came un zip tied and definitely hindered the servos turning ability which also aided in the crash as well. Trying to figure out why the the one side of the car is sitting the much higher than the other. Nothing is visibly broken and booth droop screws are still how they were before the crash. I'm thinking the worst and assuming frame damage cause of the bent skid plate. Any other opinions would be appreciated so I can fill the old online cart up again.

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

Sorry to hear it man, that sucks bawlz. If I had to guess, it looks like you may have tweaked your chassis (the front kick up part of it). Take the wheels and the front bulkhead off and bust out the calipers and do some measurements...unless of course you find something else while taking apart the front that would explain the discrepancy.
This section here looks a bit jacked up:
1655690998231.png

Looks like it the damage is just in the front skid plate and splitter. Remove that and see what she looks like, or a straight edge.

Tip: Legos work in a pinch as a straight edge.
Thank you for the response. I actually just removed that bent skid plate and began lightly pulling it down. I'm hoping I can get the sides to level out again. That rock really got me good lol.
Sorry to hear it man, that sucks bawlz. If I had to guess, it looks like you may have tweaked your chassis (the front kick up part of it). Take the wheels and the front bulkhead off and bust out the calipers and do some measurements...unless of course you find something else while taking apart the front that would explain the discrepancy.
This section here looks a bit jacked up:
View attachment 224790
Rock got me good for sure. Go figure its turning the thing around. I almost have it back to normal slightly bending the plastic with a bit of heat. I don't know how it got that bent. The car was already almost stopped and turning around to head back. Unlucky I suppose.

Last edited:
Update: Got the front splitter and bumper off. The chassis seems straight, but something still seems a bit off with it. Think I'm going to have to dig a bit deeper to figure it out.

IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

Appears the droop screw hole on the impact side is now too big for the droop screw. The screw can go in and out but just spins infinitely without lowering the car anymore. Hopefully its just a bent front bumper and droop screw. Nothing else seemed bent or misaligned, but I cant get this ride height to match.

Appears the droop screw hole on the impact side is now too big for the droop screw. The screw can go in and out but just spins infinitely without lowering the car anymore. Hopefully its just a bent front bumper and droop screw. Nothing else seemed bent or misaligned, but I cant get this ride height to match.
I'd try it with a longer droop screw first to test if it's just the bottom part of the plastic that stripped out. With a longer screw you'll have more threads to bite into the composite of the arm. If that doesn't do the trick then go to a larger screw and, if necessary, drill the hole out as needed and cut new threads with the larger grub screw. I had to do the same thing on one of my rear arms and it works just fine.

I'd try it with a longer droop screw first to test if it's just the bottom part of the plastic that stripped out. With a longer screw you'll have more threads to bite into the composite of the arm. If that doesn't do the trick then go to a larger screw and, if necessary, drill the hole out as needed and cut new threads with the larger grub screw. I had to do the same thing on one of my rear arms and it works just fine.
I tried a larger screw. Believe a M4x16. Got most of it in and again it just kept spinning with about 2mm of screw thread left. Tried compressing things manually as I screwed and that didn’t do the trick either. Now the other side isn’t going down as low at it used to. Thinking I just need to order a new bumper and new front lower A arms and see if that helps.

Little Update:
Just looked at the shocks more carefully before even getting to the shock standoffs and noticed the crash side shock isnt compressed at all while the working side obviously is. Appears the problem is more than likely a broken shock. I just kept dwelling on the problem being my droop screw issue keeping the sides uneven after the crash. Will update further after dinner when I’ve figured more out. Thank you again everyone for your input. Hopefully get this old girl back out there. She ain’t skipping this 140 goal by July.

I’ll check that after work today and see. This has been a rough couple weeks with the rig to say the least.
Speedrunning is this way..expect to total car out everytime, then when it happens ya won't be so upset.ive totaled out many,I push them to an past there limits..this was my worst,lost everything, but motor.car ranaway on its own 70mph into curb.1000ish $ loss

20211019_175029.jpg

Speedrunning is this way..expect to total car out everytime, then when it happens ya won't be so upset.ive totaled out many,I push them to an past there limits..this was my worst,lost everything, but motor.car ranaway on its own 70mph into curb.1000ish $ loss

View attachment 224955
Ouch that hurts to see. It does have its highs and lows for sure. I’m just more annoyed at myself I didn’t turn my front lights on to save battery for the first pass, which caused me to loose site for a second turning it around to drive back. Just long enough for the Boulder nomes to place that massive one road side I hit. I am very quickly learning you gotta pay to play for sure.

Ouch that hurts to see. It does have its highs and lows for sure. I’m just more annoyed at myself I didn’t turn my front lights on to save battery for the first pass, which caused me to loose site for a second turning it around to drive back. Just long enough for the Boulder nomes to place that massive one road side I hit. I am very quickly learning you gotta pay to play for sure.
FWIW, the power draw of any light you have on your car pales in comparison to the motor to the point of being a non-issue and will not make any difference whatsoever...this is, of course, assuming you're not hauling around a pair of 2kW flood lights.

FWIW, the power draw of any light you have on your car pales in comparison to the motor to the point of being a non-issue and will not make any difference whatsoever...this is, of course, assuming you're not hauling around a pair of 2kW flood lights.
Yeh def a stupid play on my part. On second note, I’m not even using the stock esc fan, but instead one that’s hooked up to another battery with my motor fans, so that’s even less draw. Def a totally avoidable mistake. Makes it sting even worse lol.

Thankfully it wasn't that big or expensive of a mistake and, life being what it is, we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. So in that sense, it was a relatively low price to pay for the experience. What is it that KT always says..."Could have been worse...could have been mine!" lol ;)

Thankfully it wasn't that big or expensive of a mistake and, life being what it is, we learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. So in that sense, it was a relatively low price to pay for the experience. What is it that KT always says..."Could have been worse...could have been mine!" lol ;)
Very true. Hopefully its just the shock here. If its more I guess its just an excuse to go GT that much sooner. On a side note KT monster truck build was pretty cool to see completed. I don't see him keeping it in 1 piece very long though.

Very true. Hopefully its just the shock here. If its more I guess its just an excuse to go GT that much sooner. On a side note KT monster truck build was pretty cool to see completed. I don't see him keeping it in 1 piece very long though.
I was genuinely really happy to watch him realize and fulfill a years long dream he had. It's rather inspiring to see a working class bloke work hard at making his, what seem like outlandish, dreams come true who now has a Lamborghini and 2000hp monster truck in his garage. Putting aside any feelings one might have about him or what he does, you can't help but respect his drive to make things happen. It's a lot more than most people manage. He might not be a rocket surgeon, but he has grit and works hard. And sometimes grit is enough.
As for keeping it in one piece...I'll paraphrase Top Gear's James May: "He might surprise us...I bet you he doesn't, but he might."

View attachment 224955
get rid of those lipos .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back