Kraton LSD diffs explained in a way you’ll actually understand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehighspeed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
So I’ve always understood what an lsd diff is accomplishing big picture (giving power back to the wheel that has traction….thus the name) but Kudos to this video for explaining the the actual components of the diff and how they do that in a manner that i actually understand and then see in my exb diff.

big take aways for me:
- our Arrma star plates and discs are the clutch pack
- star plates are the orange clutch pack components from the video locked to the housing
- round discs are the blue clutch pack components from the video locked to the side gear
- if you shim things too tightly you are probably engaging the clutch pack full time and thus drastically reducing if not altogether killing the lsd action overall.

Last edited:
Lesics is a great channel. They also do a torsen diff vid.
Jared Owen is great too, and so is Real Engineering for the stuff that's a bit more complicated

I don't have any Arrma with LSD , I prefer the regular open diff's and tune with thicker fluid . I have never broken any diff in any of my Arrma 6s trucks . They work fine for my liking . Although I do want to get a Mojave EXB , which will have them .

It's an interesting design. Has anyone tested them to see if the LSD action really works as designed and behaves like a thin oil at low speed and thicker oil at high speed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back