M2C racing ZRS Shock cap kit Issues...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's obviously off. What did that cup go to?
I've never had any issues with bearings not fitting after deanodizing other diff cups 🤷‍♂️
Either way the diff cup was made wrong anyway.
Hole is off center and out of round..... but whatever I'll just buy diff cups from someone else if he is going to be that way, plenty of other diff cups out there so.
View attachment 126660

Soooo, how did the threads on the shock bodies change and the shock caps stay the same ??? All the shock caps I see say that they are 330491.. @RC DUDE81 , where did you hear that the threads had changed?? View attachment 126539View attachment 126540View attachment 126541
Arrma changed the part but the part# is the same. Mitch discovered this trying to fit the ZRS caps on the V5's. The V5's have a 6 thousands difference on the cap thread tolerance. Arrma screwed something up there! :eek: M2C is working on a new system for the V5's now. 🤙

Last edited:
Not sure if you figured it out, but they look like GPM turnbuckles
For sure gpm .. haha I had them on for 1 run and they broke 🤷🏻‍♂️
Arrma changed the part but the part# is the same. Mitch discovered this trying to fit the ZRS caps on the V5's. The V5's have a 6 thousands difference on the cap thread tolerance. Arrma screwed something up there! :eek: M2C is working on a new system for the V5's now. 🤙
Well that’s interesting!

I would try Lunsford! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Gonna pay though!
Now your talkin... but ya your right.. probably like $80+ for a set!
Now your talkin... but ya your right.. probably like $80+ for a set!
Maybe not...
38A3AF65-E898-4E06-9F49-FCD634E7DD74.png

Last edited:
@RC DUDE81 / @slick2500 Mitch is sending me out a new set of caps (y) (y) (y)
Customer service at its best.
What steering, and camber turn buckles are those?
GPM Racing and they are garbage and when they break I am going back to the stock ones..

Thanks brother for the comment!!! I think I am just going to go back to my stock ARRMA ones that came on my #v3 #KRATON.
1st, I am going to make sure none of the parts inside of the shocks are damaged and then I am going to rebuild them and just put on my old caps..
Has anyone tired these before or will these probably end up leaking as well #ARRMAFAMILY?

View attachment 126507
I have them in now. No leaks but haven't run it yet. I'm looking into replacing the springs as front drops too much even with the adjuster all the way down. Don't use bladder, go with Bleed option

Not sure if you're aware but I found these on the M2C site when looking for Typhon v5 shock caps. Interestingly, the Typhon v4 and v5 are listed together on M2C's site but the Kraton v5 is listed separately. I suspect the kit below is for all v5 models (and EXB).

https://m2cracing.net/arrma/586-m2c-3075-arrma-16-mm-zrs-shock-caps-and-oring-shock-pistons.html
Yeah they found out that Arrma changed the threads on the shock bodies of the V5/EXB when I called Mitch with my issue.

I'm confused because I've got the early caps on V5/KEXB shocks and so far no leaks and no fitment issues 🤔😉

I'm confused because I've got the early caps on V5/KEXB shocks and so far no leaks and no fitment issues 🤔😉
I almost destroyed a set of shock bodies and m2c caps during install and after speaking with Mitch, he realized Arrma changed the thread pattern on the EXB/V5 bodies. That's why he sells them both now.

https://m2cracing.net/arrma/586-m2c-3075-arrma-16-mm-zrs-shock-caps-and-oring-shock-pistons.html

https://m2cracing.net/arrma/383-m2c-3075-arrma-16-mm-zrs-shock-caps-and-oring-shock-pistons.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back