Outcast Max 5 G1/G2 or max 6 G2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch_joker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
Is it worth it to pay 70 euros extra for max 5G2 compared to a max 5 G1 or max 6 G2?

Want to run a tp5660 1188kv. Run a sensored Esc is not a extra plus because of the motor.

Not looking for a extreme crazy basher. Some nice stunts and a back flip would be nice.

A HW 1100kv sensored motor will not fit without the M2c options right?

Are we talking about a 8s outcast? The WH 5690sd 1250 kv should fit and the Max6g2 combo is only
$240

The HW 56871100 kv motor will fit but it is the older model. The new 5690 sd g2 1250 kv motor is the replacement.

The HW 56871100 kv motor will fit but it is the older model. The new 5690 sd g2 1250 kv motor is the replacement.
I can not find any YT reviews about a max 6 G2 with 1250 in a outcast 8s. Only with traxxas XRT. Those are not that heavy.

What do you have now? The Spectrum1100kv or 1250kv motor and 160 ESC.

The WH combo is a step up from the stock system that comes in the RTR. Geared with 23T-27T it would fly. I would run a 27T and keep an eye on temps.

My bro is running Max6/5687 G1 in his O8S, Firma 160/1100 in my K8S. People say the HW version is better than the Spektrum, I can't tell a difference. Except I've got 8.4v BEC, he doesn't.. He's running 27/47 and I'm at 26/47. Both run very well, easily hit around 50mph I'd guess. I know, small fry, LOL.
FWIW, he's been trying to get a Max6 g2 combo to work in his Xmaxx for a couple weeks now.. the motor just cogs with the sensor wire hooked up, but won't spin the wheels. With the sensor unplugged it worked, but spun the motor in reverse. So we swapped 2 motor cables around, now it doesn't work at all? Not sure what's up with it myself, but makes me glad to have unsensored electronics in all my rigs. Too complicated for a basher, no thanks. I can't say I've ever felt as though the throttle operation of an unsensored system left me wanting more precision.. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I'd always pick the more robust system if given the option. Max 5 g2 would be a no brainer for me but I bet the max 6 g2 wouldn't be bad.

..and I'm tickled with the G1 Max 6, Firma 160 too!! No complaints, LOL :LOL:

I suppose we're each rulers in our own domain.. LOL
haha that's still so amazing to me tbh as I hate the max 6 g1. The only one I have left in a rig is the one in the outcast 6s and it doesn't like me very much as it's always hot and angry :ROFLMAO:

haha that's still so amazing to me tbh as I hate the max 6 g1. The only one I have left in a rig is the one in the outcast 6s and it doesn't like me very much as it's always hot and angry :ROFLMAO:
The only esc I ever had get hot is the TC Torox 6s, it's tempermental for me. I had a Hobao rtr 6s thermal too a couple times, still not sure why. It's been great for the last year feeding an ebay 1450kv 4274 on 6s though. My Max 6 has been great in the otherwise stock Xmaxx with 20/50 gearing. I'm stoked to be getting by with the (mostly) stock stuff TBH. Much cheaper to play.👍🍻

I went with the max 5 g2. Thanks guys. Now I need a nice motor. I was thinking about the tp5660 1188kv. Never had a TP motor.

Is the outcast 8s back in the game already? Last video the outcast didn’t sound so good😔

My bro is running Max6/5687 G1 in his O8S, Firma 160/1100 in my K8S. People say the HW version is better than the Spektrum, I can't tell a difference. Except I've got 8.4v BEC, he doesn't.. He's running 27/47 and I'm at 26/47. Both run very well, easily hit around 50mph I'd guess. I know, small fry, LOL.
FWIW, he's been trying to get a Max6 g2 combo to work in his Xmaxx for a couple weeks now.. the motor just cogs with the sensor wire hooked up, but won't spin the wheels. With the sensor unplugged it worked, but spun the motor in reverse. So we swapped 2 motor cables around, now it doesn't work at all? Not sure what's up with it myself, but makes me glad to have unsensored electronics in all my rigs. Too complicated for a basher, no thanks. I can't say I've ever felt as though the throttle operation of an unsensored system left me wanting more precision.. 🤷‍♂️
On a sensored setup, you cannot change motor wires to change direction. I don't know about the new g2 systems, but CC's start to complain by making awful sounds. Change direction with the program card.

On a sensored setup, you cannot change motor wires to change direction. I don't know about the new g2 systems, but CC's start to complain by making awful sounds. Change direction with the program card.
Oh, I see. I have no experience, nor does my bro with sensored. I tried to get him to download the HW app while he was here with the rig, he didn't want the app on his phone, LOL.. hopefully the app will allow those types of adjustments vs buying a card. I know it's relatively inexpensive but, what's the point of BT if you still need a card? I stand by my previous statement though, I don't need or want the sensored stuff. Eventually I know it'll be the only way, but it's just unnecessary extra circuitry and wiring to break or wear out.

I went with the max 5 g2. Thanks guys. Now I need a nice motor. I was thinking about the tp5660 1188kv. Never had a TP motor.

Is the outcast 8s back in the game already? Last video the outcast didn’t sound so good😔
haha that was the outcast 6s that was sounding nasty. Funny enough both the 6s and 8s busted at the moment. I've kept the busted outcast 8s in my living room next to the big screen just so I can look at it everyday and feel shame until i fix it. Been there a month or two now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm so bad at wrenching :ROFLMAO:

Back