Max 5 G2 12s for Kraton 1/5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weapon X

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I want to get the new Hobbywing Max5 G2 12s combo for my kraton 1/5. The motor is a bit too long, especially if you use m2c steering then the motor is way too long. I'm not sure if anyone here figured out how to get around this? I'm hoping m2c would make an extended chassis for longer motor support.
Thanks everyone in advance

I had to dremel both of the bell cranks and a little off the back of the motor on both of my 8s rigs with Max5's to get them to clear the steering system. I have the older Max5's 800kv. Also have Vitavon steering systems now but it was rubbing on the stock setup too.

The Max5 12s motor is actually a bit longer than castle 8-12s motor. So there is no way the 12s one will fit. I'm thinking switch the motor with the battery side, I just don't know to do that. Vitavon made a custom chassis to fit longer motor like Max4 but he charge like $600 for the chassis.

You could always do the new Max5 with a different motor that is 113mm.
Max 5 g2 and castle 2028 800kv on 12s will be really nice for sure and it will fit and still be sensored.

Max 5 g2 and castle 2028 800kv on 12s will be really nice for sure and it will fit and still be sensored.
Smooth throttle but no automatic temp monitoring though, unfortunately. The HW adapter cable doesn't carry temp data.

I'm hoping m2c would make an extended chassis for longer motor support.
I highly doubt M2C would make a longer chassis for just a longer motor. Much too costly with little benefit and profit margin.. Longer chassis means longer Dr. Shafts and Braces etc. The whole chassis geometry would be altered for the worse. And not plug and play. Makes no sense that they would.
And the 8S line is already much too heavy as it stands.
I could be wrong........
My 3 cents worth.

Smooth throttle but no automatic temp monitoring though, unfortunately. The HW adapter cable doesn't carry temp data.
That sucks, what also sucks is hobbywing data logging. I just checked it out for first time the other day and their data logging is so lackluster compared to castle. You basically get like 3 or 4 different pieces of info and that's it lol. Still no timing adjustment on the new esc's either. At least not on the max 4.

M2C racing released a new steering bell crank to fit the max 5 G2 56118 motors.

IMG_3367.png

IMG_3367.png

I want to get the new Hobbywing Max5 G2 12s combo for my kraton 1/5. The motor is a bit too long, especially if you use m2c steering then the motor is way too long. I'm not sure if anyone here figured out how to get around this? I'm hoping m2c would make an extended chassis for longer motor support.

Attachments

• IMG_3367.png
    IMG_3367.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back