Kraton Mixed left and right quality A arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PickleJuice

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, broke lower A arm and ordered one set of upper/lower RPM brand A arms that are much better quality than OEM. Is it OK to mix different quality A arms on each side of the car or will that create some kind of imbalance in performance or wear and tear issues?

Hi, broke lower A arm and ordered one set of upper/lower RPM brand A arms that are much better quality than OEM. Is it OK to mix different quality A arms on each side of the car or will that create some kind of imbalance in performance or wear and tear issues?
I would t mix them. Most people claim they are slightly different lengths than stock.

I would t mix them. Most people claim they are slightly different lengths than stock.
You're right the RPM one looks a hair shorter so I will replace both upper and lower and order another set for the other side. Do you think there's any harm in a little driving with mixed A arms?

You're right the RPM one looks a hair shorter so I will replace both upper and lower and order another set for the other side. Do you think there's any harm in a little driving with mixed A arms?
Probably not but I’m not the type to risk it.

Probably not but I’m not the type to risk it.
Ok good thing is Amazon will deliver a new set Tuesday so I will wait. I replaced both A arms on one side which was surprisingly easy. Only question I have is how do I know how to adjust the screw in the pic? I know it changes the tire angle but do I just eyeball it?
IMAG3657.jpg

Ok good thing is Amazon will deliver a new set Tuesday so I will wait. I replaced both A arms on one side which was surprisingly easy. Only question I have is how do I know how to adjust the screw in the pic? I know it changes the tire angle but do I just eyeball it?View attachment 81039

As long as race officials don't give you a hard time, run what you got imo. ?
If we just like to bash and blast, we could make em outa wood or whatever material fits.
I'd run whatever I had if I was hungry to send it.

Ok good thing is Amazon will deliver a new set Tuesday so I will wait. I replaced both A arms on one side which was surprisingly easy. Only question I have is how do I know how to adjust the screw in the pic? I know it changes the tire angle but do I just eyeball it?View attachment 81039

thats your droop screw. They set how low your arms will drop at full extension. I make mine so the shocks have maybe a mm or two travel left when those screws touch the chassis. This keeps the arms from pulling the shocks apart while kart wheelie or some other misfortune.

Yep what @Jimbobjr said. You don’t want your shock ends to bottom out and break. There are other reasons to limit travel too, but that’s the main reason they are there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back