MMX8S Q&A + Cap Packs in a 6S Rig.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Voltage
I just installed this new Castle Mamba Monster X 8S along with a Castle 1515 2200KV V2.

I have the Castle B-Link installed. FlySky receiver.

The sensor wire isn't here yet, on its way. As are the fans.

ALL is working fine. It has Power, Steering. Breaks.
Castle B-Link works great. I updated the firmware and changed a few minor settings. Works great.

At idle, the light is Yellow and its quiet. Except every 10 seconds its beeps Green.

It's F'in annoying. Can't find any quick comments on it. Why is it doing this?

Last edited:
If memory serves correct, my mmx6s, MMX8s and xlx2 all did/do that. Maybe the Castle Lover @Moirae knows how to get rid of it.

OMG. I Just found it!! Yes, they all do it by default. Annoying.

It was in the Castle Link setting :rolleyes:

Im going to have allot of Castle Link Settings Questions!!

So many Settings so play with... I haven't even gotten there yet.
Gonna take it out for a test run today. See if I forgot any screws.

I notice the Fan is thermally regulated.

Last edited:
hahah that good ol idle beep!!

hahah that good ol idle beep!!

WTF is that all about?!?

So I expect I can turn the Thermal Fan control off but it is kind of cool :-D

Will the Castle Logs show me the temp of the Motor via the sensor cable? It doesn't now. thermal sensors in the motor...

One of the reasons I wanted the 1515 V2 was the sensors ability to lower or control Heat.

WTF is that all about?!?

So I expect I can turn the Thermal Fan control off but it is kind of cool :-D

Will the Castle Logs show me the temp of the Motor via the sensor cable? It doesn't now. thermal sensors in the motor...

One of the reasons I wanted the 1515 V2 was the sensors ability to lower or control Heat.
yea once u hook up the sensor cable you can use that feature to have the motor auto cut once it reaches a certain temp. I'm pretty sure there is no way to turn off the thermal fan control. Once you break the fan, and you will break the fan! :ROFLMAO: most people either cut the connector off the fan and solder it on to one of those alu frame 40mm fans or they just connect the alu frame fan to the RX box with the motor fans. If you connect to RX you will bypass the thermal stuff.

Idle beeps, you’ll get motor temp with sensor cable but its not gonna lower the heat any. I don’t believe theres a way to make the esc fan run continuously that in aware of

Idle beeps, you’ll get motor temp with sensor cable but its not gonna lower the heat any. I don’t believe theres a way to make the esc fan run continuously that in aware of

I just mean they claim "The rotor and stator have been completely redesigned to improve magnetic flux. This results in higher efficiency, smoother start-up, reduced temperatures, and longer run times!"
But Ive read lots of comments from users that it does run cooler in sensored mode than the past version.

I just mean they claim "The rotor and stator have been completely redesigned to improve magnetic flux. This results in higher efficiency, smoother start-up, reduced temperatures, and longer run times!"
But Ive read lots of comments from users that it does run cooler in sensored mode than the past version.
Ahh i see

Recently I fell into a fan rabbit hole. I’m running the MMX8s 1650kv combo. Wanted some high cfm fans but didn’t want to drain the main battery. Got it rigged up with two on the van keeping it fridged cold and one on the ESC— all three powered by a 1300mah 3s battery tucked into the cage
70887944488__BA7E6871-CAF8-492F-9BFC-5D7AB8FDAE7D.jpeg
IMG_3081.jpeg

I never hear the idle beep on my MMX 8s: my 40mm Powerhobby Tornado aluminum motor fan drowns out the noise. ;) I actually don't need a motor fan in most weather, but I have it in case I need it for those upper 80F and hotter days.

Kraton motor and ESC.jpg

Recently I fell into a fan rabbit hole. I’m running the MMX8s 1650kv combo. Wanted some high cfm fans but didn’t want to drain the main battery. Got it rigged up with two on the van keeping it fridged cold and one on the ESC— all three powered by a 1300mah 3s battery tucked into the cage View attachment 307297View attachment 307298

Thats what I ordered. (2) of those fans, But im trying to run just 1. My room is tight under the shell. If I want to use that center tunnel brace.

IMG_5116.JPG

These log graphs show some Nasty Ripple!
Im waiting for my Cap Pack too...

IMG_5160.jpeg
IMG_5161.jpeg
IMG_5162.jpeg
IMG_5164.jpeg

DEAR LORD
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING!

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

This changes all my plans now... I have nowhere to mount this :rolleyes: :cautious:

I don't see any of these that say they fit a Mojave chassis.
Is this the same size???

Aluminum Center Brace + 1/5 ESC Mount for 1/7 Arrma Infraction Limitless 6S BLX

s-l1600-4.jpg

Yeah to keep the fan from Throttling as needed. Connect the fan directy to the Rx ( Full on BEC power)
Like @Moirae stated above.

DEAR LORD
LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING!

View attachment 307422

View attachment 307423

View attachment 307425

This changes all my plans now... I have nowhere to mount this :rolleyes: :cautious:

I don't see any of these that say they fit a Mojave chassis.
Is this the same size???

Aluminum Center Brace + 1/5 ESC Mount for 1/7 Arrma Infraction Limitless 6S BLX

View attachment 307426

I don't think it will work, the mojave chassis is not the same length as the infra/felony chassis iirc. I actually have that same mount in my felony haha. You totally don't need that to mount an mmx8s on a mojave chassis though.

Ripple below 10% is benign and I wouldn't do anything extra but that is just me. You gain nothing by adding stuff but it will make you feel better if you think it's an issue (but it's not) 😉

I don't think it will work, the mojave chassis is not the same length as the infra/felony chassis iirc. I actually have that same mount in my felony haha. You totally don't need that to mount an mmx8s on a mojave chassis though.

Damn... I wanted something like that to mount the Cap Pack too :-/

I don't know where the hell this pack is going to go....

Ripple below 10% is benign and I wouldn't do anything extra but that is just me. You gain nothing by adding stuff but it will make you feel better if you think it's an issue (but it's not) 😉

I hear Ya! This is what happens when you drink/smoke and shop at 12AM!

But as Clarkson Always Says; "Speed & Power"

Speed and Power.jpeg

...But He's an Idiot...

Damn... I wanted something like that to mount the Cap Pack too :-/

I don't know where the hell this pack is going to go....

I hear Ya! This is what happens when you drink/smoke and shop at 12AM!

But as Clarkson Always Says; "Speed & Power"

View attachment 307432
...But He's an Idiot...
You can just zip tie it to the red t2t brace. That's where mine is on my limitless. You could also try getting it between the t2t brace and the center diff cover.

You can just zip tie it to the red t2t brace. That's where mine is on my limitless. You could also try getting it between the t2t brace and the center diff cover.

Thanks - there will be so many question LOL

That will work, just wasn't in the plan.

This Cap Pack is Serious.
So generally you want these as close to the ESC as possible.
But this thing likely doesn't need to be that close. It's as Big as the ESC itself.

Whats an acceptable length of wire from the cap to the ESC for this Application?

IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG
IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5180 2.JPG

IMG_5181 2.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back