MMX8S Q&A + Cap Packs in a 6S Rig.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks - there will be so many question LOL

That will work, just wasn't in the plan.

This Cap Pack is Serious.
So generally you want these as close to the ESC as possible.
But this thing likely doesn't need to be that close. It's as Big as the ESC itself.

Whats an acceptable length of wire from the cap to the ESC for this Application?

View attachment 307437 View attachment 307438

View attachment 307439 View attachment 307440

View attachment 307441

View attachment 307442
I don't know the answer to your question but I do think the amount of length you need is fine and everyone seems to be using similar lengths. Mine seems similar to yours and works fine.

What Do We Say to something like this??
It's lots of connectors but no extra wire than what's there.

C5 Parallel RC Lipo Battery Connector Adapter

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 4.19.42 PM.png

IMG_5188 copy.jpg

IMG_5189.JPG

51jR75QUxqL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

IMG_5190.JPG

Last edited:
Q&A time again...

Torque Control?
I did the motor test, hit 60k rpms.
What Value for my application?
What Does it actually do?

IMG_5227.jpeg

Whats an appropriate timing?

IMG_5228.jpeg

And What does this mean?
Ive seen video with completely opposing opinions!

IMG_5230.jpeg

You should leave timing at default with your castle motor. iirc start power is the amount of juice it takes to get the motor moving. Castle motors turn easy so I always leave it on low for them. Some of my TP motors I can't even turn the shaft by hand and I put it on medium for those. It effectively is almost like another punch setting to an extent but it's harder on lipo.

You should leave timing at default with your castle motor. iirc start power is the amount of juice it takes to get the motor moving. Castle motors turn easy so I always leave it on low for them. Some of my TP motors I can't even turn the shaft by hand and I put it on medium for those. It effectively is almost like another punch setting to an extent but it's harder on lipo.

I understand! Kind of what I thought.
I generally keep punch low or off and Some YouTubers say to set power to High if Bashing but it's set to Low by default. Some say as you did, leave it on Low.

And its it detects the sensor, then the timing is variable. Right?
Might as well just set it to Sensored Only.

But WTF does Torque Control Do?

Torque control is the CC equivalent of punch. And when did Phil get rid of the purple Ripple Killers?

BTW, I soldered in an XT90 near the base of the ESC battery wires so I could plug/unplug the cap pack. Like @Moirae suggested, I zip tied the cap back to the T2T brace. Not quite the same layout as yours, but hopefully it helps a little.
IMG_5979.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back