Mojave Mojave EXB Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy fk.. 42 billion!?!
Thats crazy, sorry brother.
I hope you can get something back.
My Mojave has a special place in my heart, I'd trade some offspring too.

bonus cleared the bank!

Arrrrgh, why are these castle sensor cables so short?!?!? I forget every time and have to wait for the 300 mm cable to arrive now. They should come with the long cable by default.

I’m going to write them a letter.

88F3549B-C375-419C-9589-78B24CFB6F82.jpeg

Last edited:
You’re actually gonna want to move the battery back for better center of gravity. Extend ESC wires and swap to ec5 IMO.

You’re actually gonna want to move the battery back for better center of gravity. Extend ESC wires and swap to ec5 IMO.
What’s the best way to extend ESC wires?

I hear you on the EC5, but I’m all in on the XT90s. Maybe some day I’ll sit down and re-solder all my rigs, but not today.

I use a 6mm female bullet and just join the extension/shrink wrap around it all.. Can be tricky without snake clamps in the rig since both ends will be soldered.

Yep bullet connectors FTW.

Looking forward to seeing this rig in action!
You will have to bear with me. I have 4 kids between 4 months and 8 years old and I’m working in a startup so not a lot of time to tinker. I have to steal 5 mins here and 15 minutes there so it takes me a while but it gives me something to think about/look forward to doing.

But on the up side, the scortched fenders arrived (not bad at 9 days total from time of order). I have them on my infraction… love the function… hate hate HATE trimming them. If they had a $50 add on to have them pre trimmed I would gladly pay it.

got the electronics mounted. Lots of double sided sticky tape, but that’s how I “mock up” the build to make sure it all works before I start drilling.
C59769A5-E1E8-4A12-9277-3ACE40743172.jpeg

Last edited:
Broke my first part… without leaving the bench.

Stripped out the hex grub screw trying to get it out. First 2 came out fine. The third one stripped. Got smart with the 4th which was in there good. Put some heat on it with a soldering iron and managed to get it out. It had some kind of glue on it as well as locktite.

Went back in and was able to remove #3 with an extractor, but it sucks that I have to wait to drive it because of a grub screw. Won’t get here until Monday.

Broke my first part… without leaving the bench.

Stripped out the hex grub screw trying to get it out. First 2 came out fine. The third one stripped. Got smart with the 4th which was in there good. Put some heat on it with a soldering iron and managed to get it out. It had some kind of glue on it as well as locktite.

Went back in and was able to remove #3 with an extractor, but it sucks that I have to wait to drive it because of a grub screw. Won’t get here until Monday.
Seems to happen way too often, while you are at it, might as well get some quality screws for the motor mount adjustment, those have also stripped really easily for me.

@RedondoBeachRC makes some really nice Ti ones or get any M4x18mm cap head screw.

Redondo ones : https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/titanium-6s-motor-mount-screws.56881/
I ordered those Ti screws from @RedondoBeachRC on Thursday at ~ 6pm and they were installed in my car today (Saturday) before lunch. That’s about 42 hours delivery from the time I pushed “buy” to when I realized it was in my mailbox.

Super awesome service, super fast shipping and beautiful screws, I highly recommend!

I ordered those Ti screws from @RedondoBeachRC on Thursday at ~ 6pm and they were installed in my car today (Saturday) before lunch. That’s about 42 hours delivery from the time I pushed “buy” to when I realized it was in my mailbox.

Super awesome service, super fast shipping and beautiful screws, I highly recommend!
Thats some quick service!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back