Mojave wheels an tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Talion EXB
Can someone from arrma tell me why mojave wheel sets are hard to get. Is there a change coming or just a small problem with manufacturing these. Or they just don't last like any other tires that don't last. 6S addicted. 🤡

To be quite honest,,, I feel my Mojave tires/ wheels are extremely durable compared to most other Arrma wheels.... Many others agree. I run on 6s not 8 s and I still have the original set and a new unused set on the side.
The problem is that they are a unique size wheel and tire for the Mojave. And as such, there are no upgrade companies making a wheel and tire in that size. So Mojave owners must always buy these Arrma wheels/tires. If there were PL or Duratrax replacement options, then maybe these Mojave wheels would be more plentiful?? IDK. Production or importing logistics are probably the main problem IMHO.
I'm in the same boat as you.
Do you have a Mojave and broke or wore out a wheel yet? Some had issues with the wheel hexes stripping out in the early released Mojaves. I never had any problems with mine.

BTW, I found that Duratrax 1/8 X-Con Truggy wheels (must be "Zero Offset" version) fit my Mojave just fine. No rubbing, everything clears, chassis , body and all. I have been using them. Love them also.

20210131_170827.jpg

Last edited:
To be quite honest,,, I feel my Mojave tires/ wheels are extremely durable compared to most other Arrma wheels.... Many others agree. I run on 6s not 8 s and I still have the original set and a new unused set on the side.
The problem is that they are a unique size wheel and tire for the Mojave. And as such, there are no upgrade companies making a wheel and tire in that size. So Mojave owners must always buy these Arrma wheels/tires. If there were PL or Duratrax options, then maybe these Mojave wheels would be more plentiful?? IDK. Production or importing logistics are probably the main problem IMHO.
I'm in the same boat as you.
Do you have a Mojave and broke or wore out a wheel yet? Some had issues with the wheel hexes stripping out in the early released Mojaves. I never had any problems with mine.

BTW, I found that Duratrax 1/8 X-Con Truggy wheels (must be "Zero Offset" version) fit my Mojave just fine. No rubbing, everything clears, chassis , body and all. I have been using them. Love them also.
Just interested in grey set for custom job. Hobby stores always on back order when browsing i see.

I have a spare grey set, with all the matching grey roll cage and optional non RTR body. It took me forever to get them and that was when the Mojave was first released. The grey wheels are now considered the EXB Mojave wheels. (what comes with the EXB Mojo roller) They are real hard to find. I would Check Jenny's RC and wait for EXB Mojave rollers to come in. Thats your best hope or chances of getting them. I imagine that Arrma is keeping their grey wheels for EXB production exclusively. And not focusing on the grey wheels as "Replacement Parts". They need to make the Mojave EXB Rollers and get them out fast. Their priority. Makes sense to me. Arrma does that with many of their rigs.
Just my thoughts..:cool:
Just interested in grey set for custom job. Hobby stores always on back order when browsing i see.
Always check with HH first. When HH gets them, then the LHS and Online stores will get them. But I think HH fills their sellers orders first. Not sure. Sellers place bulk orders, That's where HH bread and butter is. But those Grey wheels have been hard to get forever....:(

Last edited:
I think they are sweet tires. I want to get a set I can run on my truggified every once in a while

@SrC .. any chance you could take a pic of the standard Mojave wheels and those X-cons side by side ??
I too am looking for some other wheels and those look good but I want something the same size and offset 👍🏼

^^^ You bet. Give a few minutes 👍

Edit:
The Dtx 1/8 truggies are 145 mm tall and 65mm wide. The stock Mojave are 135mm tall and 60mm wide.
BOTH are Zero offset. DTX don't rub at all and I even have the Scorched RC inner wheel wells.
1/8 Truggy wheels and tires are universal in size for most brands, because they are track spec. So you could probably use PL's also. Just that some come in 1/2" Offset and also Zero offset. AKA makes great Truggies also. ( Pins and X-pattern tread)
The Mojave needs Zero offset. Nothing else will fit. I even tried 1/8 Buggy wheels in zero offset, but they are very undersized for the Mojave. (Buggy wheels will fit the Senton 6S) Get Truggy size wheels in Zero Offset in whatever brand you find. They must be track spec. pin treads or equivalent size sanctioned race tires. A common size.
To fit.

20210131_225626.jpg

20210131_225618.jpg

20210131_225610.jpg

20210131_225505.jpg

20210131_225419.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ You bet. Give a few minutes 👍

Edit:
The Dtx 1/8 truggies are 145 mm tall and 65mm wide. The stock Mojave are 135mm tall and 60mm wide.
BOTH are Zero offset. DTX don't rub at all and I even have the Scorched RC inner wheel wells.
1/8 Truggy wheels and tires are universal in size for most brands, because they are track spec. So you could probably use PL's also. Just that some come in 1/2" Offset and also Zero offset. AKA makes great Truggies also. ( Pins and X-pattern tread)
The Mojave needs Zero offset. Nothing else will fit. I even tried 1/8 Buggy wheels in zero offset, but they are very undersized for the Mojave. (Buggy wheels will fit the Senton 6S) Get Truggy size wheels in Zero Offset in whatever brand you find. They must be track spec. pin treads or equivalent size sanctioned race tires. A common size.
To fit.

View attachment 123933

View attachment 123934

View attachment 123935

View attachment 123936

View attachment 123937
Hey do these have the 17mm hex?

Yes, All 1/8 scale Truggy Track spec. wheels are a standard 17MM. :cool:

1/8 Truggy wheel would be in the tag somewhere. 1/8 (Buggy or Truggy) = 17mm.
1/10 scale is usually 12mm. (14mm is considered an odd/rare size)

1/8 Truggy wheel would be in the tag somewhere. 1/8 (Buggy or Truggy) = 17mm.
1/10 scale is usually 12mm. (14mm is considered an odd/rare size)
I figured it. I was searching for Arrma dboots fortress tires and wheels. Thats why I got different hex sizes. Ugh lol

I figured it. I was searching for Arrma dboots fortress tires and wheels. Thats why I got different hex sizes. Ugh lol
dBoots Fortress tire search will result as Senton Fortress wheels. Different smaller size.

Hi 👋
If you are still looking for a set of Mojave Wheels, I may be able to help you… but it’s not cheap, as it has to be shipped from Denmark 🇩🇰
Let me know if you need help ?

View attachment 281798
That last post was from 2 years ago, I hope he found em by now!😉😄

Been purchased an worn in 4 runs, working on these next. View attachment 282928
How do you like the copperheads? I am not a fan, been trying lots of different ones. 6s Backflips, fireteam, now I'm on proline badlands & I honestly think that they're all better than those copperheads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back