Mongoose's Typhon Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty blown away right now. Horizon Hobbies is friggin amazing. I sent an email to Product Support with pics of the above gasket and my invoice and.....well just read for yourself.

389EEFD5-7669-47F9-9E77-9336FC54EC77.jpeg

8EBC3900-31BF-45CE-ADAF-4422A07F9DD4.jpeg

6E91CA64-407D-4749-A785-1FACE3A0493A.jpeg

1562C9AD-E444-4F2B-8AA4-2AB758861CD8.jpeg

B8BF32F5-80D8-4E6A-BA49-3DC9CEB9CA44.jpeg

Yea they do a great job for sure...
If it is slightly binding I wouldn't worry to much. They are never perfect. If you are trying to prolong the life of the diffs and crown and pinion gear. Runs tight figure 8 for a couple packs and change all fluid and clean and re grease everything. When you crack those cases back open you will be surprised at how much break in material will be in it. I normally will get a new diff set and assemble it dry and spin it with a drill for a few minutes then clean out all the metal dust and then add shims where I feel is needed and only then when I feel it is good I will add my fluid to them... great build. Looking good.

Yea they do a great job for sure...
If it is slightly binding I wouldn't worry to much. They are never perfect. If you are trying to prolong the life of the diffs and crown and pinion gear. Runs tight figure 8 for a couple packs and change all fluid and clean and re grease everything. When you crack those cases back open you will be surprised at how much break in material will be in it. I normally will get a new diff set and assemble it dry and spin it with a drill for a few minutes then clean out all the metal dust and then add shims where I feel is needed and only then when I feel it is good I will add my fluid to them... great build. Looking good.

Thanks @Lovestricken, that’s some really good info. That’s what i plan doing, just let them wear in. Maybe I will use the drill on the set they are sending me so they will be ready to go. I was just surprised they are sending me whole diffs, I only expected a pack of gaskets lol.

Last edited:
Already delivered.

That sucks you guys have to deal with that. Hopefully it will eventually get better.

Maybe I can get some wheel time in today after all but for now it’s off to work for a bit.

View attachment 60469
What the hey! Are you next door to HH warehouse? Claim yesterday and delivered today. That's awesome. Cant wait to hear about the maiden run.

What the hey! Are you next door to HH warehouse? Claim yesterday and delivered today. That's awesome. Cant wait to hear about the maiden run.

Lol, no I actually made the claim on Thursday but it was still really quick shipping lol. Awesome service for sure!

That is a really great idea. It would be easy for Arrma to incorporate that into their design. Easy revision.

Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
FINALLY!!! I drove it for the first time tonight in a parking lot and it was dark but it was enough to see I’m gonna like it. I really just wanted to get it out to make sure my diffs are good and sealed and to run the diffs in. Put a 17T pinion in it and ran it on 4s. I’m gonna need to bring the punch up for sure.

FlySky GT5 was a breath of fresh air. My daughter went with me and it was nice to drop the throttle to 15% and let her have at it. Normally I just let her go with it but it was dark and a small parking lot so I wasn’t taking any chances.

One weird thing I noticed about the GT5 though was that the Screen backlight turned off. I had to keep walking over to change the settings using my headlights. It worked and then it didnt. Not sure if I did something to cause it but when I powered it back on when I got home it was working? Gonna keep an eye on it.

Another thing I noticed is I either need to remove the battery tray padding or actually switch to XT90 connectors because the adapters take up so much room and it was hard to get the shell on. Waaaay less clearance than my Kraton had but that was to be expected.

Can’t wait to get a good bash in. Been cold and wet here since last Thursday...

Alright, come the heck on spring! I’m tired of it being dark when I leave work all the time. I ran it in a church parking lot for a while tonight but the body shell color is hard to see in limited lighting areas. I think some lights would be a good investment for the time being as it seems this time of night is when I have time to drive it right now.

It was still a blast though! That parking lot has nice and smooth blacktop so I was able to drift around and just let’er rip! Still need to bring that punch setting up though. It’s a little sluggish right now for my taste.

Loving the GT5 too. Really smooth trigger and steering wheel.

Good grief. This is the first time I've looked at this thread on my computer. I usually post from my phone. The pics are gigantic!
Alright, come the heck on spring! I’m tired of it being dark when I leave work all the time. I ran it in a church parking lot for a while tonight but the body shell color is hard to see in limited lighting areas. I think some lights would be a good investment for the time being as it seems this time of night is when I have time to drive it right now.

It was still a blast though! That parking lot has nice and smooth blacktop so I was able to drift around and just let’er rip! Still need to bring that punch setting up though. It’s a little sluggish right now for my taste.

Loving the GT5 too. Really smooth trigger and steering wheel.
Some of us need big pictures to be able to see what people are doing. Glad to hear you're enjoying the GT5 and that you had a chance to give the T6 a good rip.

Some of us need big pictures to be able to see what people are doing.
I wasn’t complaining or anything it just surprised me. I like it but I’ll have to remember the pics are that big because sometime I zoom in when taking the shot to show a certain area and leave another out. Now I will just take a single picture.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back