Limitless Motor fans keep breaking on me, need good recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSDmodify

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi everybody,

I had a yeah racing twin heatsink/fan combo in my limitless and in less than a month one of the wires got cut so fans didn't work. I then got a powerhobby one, and the same thing happened. Found the fans were dead, and this time looked like the magnets jumped out of fan. Then I just tried a team associated fan by itself, and one of the wires got cut again last night. Why am I having this issue, I just do couple speed runs less than 100 and do some drifting/bashing on roads. Is there another fan that is more reliable, durable, that has as much power as the yeah racing fans? Any recommendations and experiences welcomed.
THanks in advance for your help

From what I've found, all fans are pretty fragile. Some "blow" harder but I don't know of one that will take more abuse than others.
A couple considerations that may help:
Use some heat shrink to fortify your fan wires and route appropriately.
Put some hot glue or similar where the leads are soldered to the fan motor to help protect the joint.
Use a screen or some sort protective cover over the blades to keep stuff out.

What is cutting them???

Too much TORQUE?? TOO much G's??? Im running a high voltage battery on this sucker. all of a sudden I see the soldering got loose on the fan motor. What if I give the wires some slack so there is not much tension on the wires?

Too much TORQUE?? TOO much G's??? Im running a high voltage battery on this sucker. all of a sudden I see the soldering got loose on the fan motor. What if I give the wires some slack so there is not much tension on the wires?
If you are pushing a fan like that. Nothing will save it lol. Get an external bec

Picture of your setup?
You are doing something wrong and no way to diagnose.
Wires only get cut if you are routing them wrong. Fans fail if the fan blades hit something or large external g-force i.e. jumping and landing hard. Typically something else breaks as well, not just the fan.

Picture of your setup?
You are doing something wrong and no way to diagnose.
Wires only get cut if you are routing them wrong. Fans fail if the fan blades hit something or large external g-force i.e. jumping and landing hard. Typically something else breaks as well, not just the fan.

Attachments

• 15861379051041902400382485027892.jpg
    15861379051041902400382485027892.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back